RC Qualifier

Another e-vx2 smoked !

I run my truck yesterday for the first time during 20min slowly for breaking the motor and today 25 min after that i push the button on the esc for turning off and the esc become smoke

i have two maxamps 7.4v 6000mah and fully charged she have 8.4v and after 25min the voltage drop to 7.65v and i have no LVC

For the wrarrenty i do have to ship the esc at traxxas with proof of purchase ?

Stampede 4x4 1415 1Y 2400kv, 4S 5200 30C

RC Champion
    For the wrarrenty i do have to ship the esc at traxxas with proof of purchase ?
    You have to call them and tell them the story, they will give you a RMA number to attach to the package you send it back in.
    3905 E-MAXX

RC Qualifier
    How much time traxxas take for shipping back a new esc ?
    Stampede 4x4 1415 1Y 2400kv, 4S 5200 30C

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by samintrepid
    How much time traxxas take for shipping back a new esc ?
    When I first got my Rustler VXL for Christmas, my ESC was dead on arrival. I called them, they said to send it in. I asked if they would pay for shipping to them. They said no, but for my trouble and cost of sending it to them, they would send me some spare parts (which they did!). I thought this was GREAT customer service.

I sent it overnight. The day after they received it, they shipped a new ESC to me. Generally, they will match your method of shipping. So, I sent it by overnight and they returned it by 1 or 2 day delivery...again, GREAT customer service!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by samintrepid
    I run my truck yesterday for the first time during 20min slowly for breaking the motor and today 25 min after that i push the button on the esc for turning off and the esc become smoke
    If you ran your truck for 20 minutes slowly you probably over heated the esc's and burned out the fets . When you drive the truck at partial throttle for extended periods the esc will get very hot. I never read anywhere in the manual where it said to run the truck slowly to break in the motors. I must have skipped by that part
    Slash PE
    N.Stampede 3.3
    Rustler VXL
    MMM Erevo

RC Champion
    But it does state in the manul to turn it off by unplugging the batteires, not by pushing the button.
    Slash PE, Slash 2wd, E-revo BE soon

RC Champion
    Actually it says the opposite. See page 16:

7. To turn the EVX-2 off, press the EZ-Set button until the green LED turns off.
    Why would they even make the button turn it off if it's an unacceptable way of powering off the ESC?

Running the motors slowly for 20 minutes shouldn't nuke the ESC, regardless that it's more work than WOT. That would be a very poor product. I don't think Traxxas would release an ESC that isn't allowed to run at partial throttle for "long" periods of time.

Breaking in the Titans isn't necessary, as Traxxas has said, but many electric motors should be broken in, and running at partial throttle for a pack or two can be more fun than hooking it up to a power supply or running the motor underwater for a period of time, especially if you don't have the means to do the latter two.
    MMM/2200 powered E-Revo - sufficiently excessive

RC Racer
    I had a VXL esc that needed repair, called got the RMA #, shippied it and it only took a little over a week (from here in michigan). Pretty quick. They returned it no questions asked. Anyone ever ship back the orange EVX ESC for non-warranty repair? how much did it cost? I have one to ship back for repair.