Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RC Champion
    same class of truck...but waaaay different
    @ 80% for years?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Exactly I created a thread saying that to lol.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

RC Champion
    haha this is getting fun....

im not trying to rag on any one...

i think we can all agree that

the revo, slash, slayer and even rusty have common...hmm yes dna is a good word.... but are all diff and will all behave diff.....

and yes ride hight does make a huge diff..hence why all cars that handle well are nice and low.... F1 car height = 95cm and monster truck = over 9 ft...

which one corners faster??
    we can rebuild it, we can make it faster, stronger

RC Racer
    I would go for an E-Slayer very quickly. I just prefer Electric 4WDs but I'm going after a Slash as well.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by !bungle
    Previous attempts at scale-appearing 4wd trucks with wide fenders include:

Losi Class 8 conversion for the XX-4 electric 4wd buggy.

Kyosho Landmax F150 (converted from the Inferno 1/8th nitro buggy).

Duratrax Nitro Demon 1/8th scale 4wd stadium truck.
    The difference between these and the Slash and Slayer is that they are really nothing more than buggies with knobby tires and wide fender truck bodies. Hobbyists have been doing this for decades.

Traxxas really very deliberately made a full blown model to be a truck, not a re-dressed buggy.

BTW, Thunder Tech is rolling out their own machine, the CORR Pro-2.It'll be 2wd, SLA, and costs roughly twice what the Slash does. But It looks good. Upgrade the wheels and tires ASAP on delivery though.

Tamiya tried way back with their Toyota Hi-lux and Nissan King-Cab racing trucks. Coming in right after the original RC-10T, I believe, these were the first real, purpose made racing monster trucks. Unfortunately, Tamiya rolled that welcome mat up after the RC-10T and Losi's Jr-XT just took over after each other like no one else was there.

I would not be surprised it the Slash gets aped but Associated and Losi before the middle of next year. This seems right up their alley.
    Last edited by Dashmore; 07-14-2008 at 08:23 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That Thunder thing is hideous. I nearly committed suicide when I saw the thing.
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by RustlerRacer16
    That Thunder thing is hideous. I nearly committed suicide when I saw the thing.
    I am NOT a fan of the body. It looks worse than anything I have seen in almost 20 years. But if the segment really takes off, better shells will be a dime a dozen.

The mechanicals look good, and quite believable. but I can't stand the wheels and tires. I think AXIAL and GMADE would dive in but maybe have price working against them. This design seems quite like them.

RC Qualifier
    Just snagged a 2.5 chassis off the bay for 10 bux, turning my now spare e-revo convert into a e-slayer! The erevo chassis is just way too long, won't work at all.. it's longer than the 3.3 chassis. Anyway she will be powered by a medusa 60 2000kv motor with my soon to be repaired MMM running a 4s setup. I plan on using my 3905 tranny, but I'll most likely use the new e-revo motor plates and mount instead of the emaxx plate.. lower COG. Printed off the exploded views.. to start my part list It's just too bad I can't get RPM parts first... LOL

PS if anyone wants to beef up the slash some just get revo shocks on the front (make two extra holes in the discs), and get the losi 8ight rear shocks for the rear and you just made that baby pretty bullet proof for very little $$.

This is the basic layout.. kind of repeating what I did on my 3.3 chassis.

Neu 1515 2.5d & 1.5d, 2x MMM -sIck IaM

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    good job!!!
    Keep spendin $$ and ur still in the way!!

RC Qualifier
    I think I'll get a Slayer when I get my HPI Baja sometime around Christmas. I thought I'd never go back to nitro but leave it to Traxxas to change my mind. The Slayer looks awsome. If it's in the $400 dollar range maybe before Christmas.
    Last edited by Redman65; 07-19-2008 at 07:30 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123