Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    what is that red thing a look like a servo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by saydee1800
    what is that red thing a look like a servo
    That is an AMB Transponder. During races there is a wire loop that goes under the track at the start/finish line. The loop picks up the transponder as each car/truck passes over it and sends it to the main computer running the race. Each transponder has a different identifying number so the computer keeps up with all the different vehicles' lap times and standings. Some tracks have public transponders they will let people use, but it is so much easier having your own mounted in the truck/buggy.
    momomotorsports - Slash - PE Slash 4x4

very cool man I have never been on a track like that we have one but its about an hour away I just bash my truck

is there any upgrade beside wheele and the HV ans Maxamp lipo you think I need to make this truck rock I just got RPM true track for the back

RC Qualifier
    If you are just bashing, you should be good to go. If you ever decide to go racing I would get the Traxxas Sway bars, but for bashing they wouldn't be very good. The only other thing that comes to mind is a new lid with a cool paint job....

here it is[IMG][/IMG]

here my Maxx [IMG][/IMG]

RC Qualifier
    They look good, now go get them dirty....

that is just for the pic. my trucks are never this clean I sure wish

I was think about a pro line lid for the revo I was hoping Crowd Pleazer 2.0
    do you think it will fit

RC Competitor
    just got my novak 6.5 today
    Nirto Rustler- For Sale
    T-maxx 3.3 4909- For Sale

RC Champion
    i wish there was a track close by me here in georgia
    Been there, done that.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by larrydino
    i wish there was a track close by me here in georgia
    There are a couple of tracks within an hour of Marrietta.

RC Qualifier
    so i read this pretty fast , but is it the motor or esc. that is close to thermalling?

have you tried an external bec?
    gigity gigity gigity gu

RC Qualifier
    Your truck sits nice and low what suspension set up are you running?
    Hobbies- Spending insane money

RC Qualifier
    I was running the orange springs in the front and gold in the rear, but this past weekend I switched to the green in the front and tan in the rear. It really helped compensate for the extra weight of the batteries.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by momo.75
    I was running the orange springs in the front and gold in the rear, but this past weekend I switched to the green in the front and tan in the rear. It really helped compensate for the extra weight of the batteries.
    I'm glad to hear that....

I have been telling many people to buy the Tan springs;
    The truck (E-revo) comes with the white(2.9) and green(3.5) installed, and the silver(4.9) and blue(5.9) in the box. If you buy the tan(4.1), then you have a pretty good mix of springs from white to blue. Its like having every-other spring in the collection...

Yellow
    White
    Orange
    Green
    Gold
    Tan
    Black
    Silver
    Pink
    Blue
    Purple

with this mix, you will be able to adjust your truck pretty close to perfect w/o spending too much money upfront. Most people use a stiffer spring in the rear than the front. The PE revo uses orange/gold combo, with sways. Because the e-revo is a bit heavier than the PE one, I opted to move the green from the back to the front and run the tans in the rear. Gives me a set-up close to the PE revo after adding the sways.
    be nice.

RC Qualifier
    how fast is the 6.5 with sock gearind and 2 2S lipo
    E-Revo Brushless Edition

I have clock mine @ 38.2 gear at both 16/68 and 17/68 the 17 just got hot real fast. I don't think you can get this HV 6.5 faster than 38-39

If any one does please post your set-up

RC Qualifier
    wich is faster: 4.5 or 6.5
    E-Revo Brushless Edition

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    4.5, its faster to overheat too...
    be nice.

4.5 is the fast but it over heat it is meant for drag or short high speed runs
    the do have a 5.5 it should be 10% fast than the 6.5 so Im guessing 41-42

RC Qualifier
    wich is better for bashing ???
    E-Revo Brushless Edition

RC Qualifier
    I'd say the 6.5.

Hey MOMO.75, where do you get, or how did you build that front motor mounting plate hole cover?
    Lots of brushless power in the garage.

it come in the kit

I go with the 6.5 and gear it 15/68

RC Champion
    I got to race mine on Sunday at a track that is built for nitros. 5 minute heats, 20 minute mains, a very large track with a lot of speed and big jumps. I geared it down to 14/68 to try and extend the runtime.

A total of 9 entries in PMT class, one other E and 7 nitros - Revos, LSTs, etc - all built for racing and driven by people that are on this track every weekend. It was my second time on the track, only got about 10 minutes of practice the previous time. I was able to keep pace with the field despite making a lot of mistakes on the big jumps, and ran behind the TQ for about 2 laps in the second heat before losing a wheel. I believe I could have moved ahead otherwise, I was running on his tail and trying to find a passing chance when it happened. Still managed to qualify third.

After the race I noticed that the Novak esc fan was broken, which I hear is a common problem. I knew this be an issue since I had my doubts about finishing a 20 minute main anyway - I'd never put the E-Revo down that long with the HV system. I took second place on the first lap and just cruised along keeping pace with the leader, hoping to keep the temperatures down. In the 8th minute it thermalled and shut down, I was about 10 seconds off the leader while running at a casual pace.

I put the temp gun on the electronics quickly and saw that it was the ESC, the motor was still reading around 140 which is what I get about a 5 minute heat run. It was dissapointing to end the day like that, I'm sure I could have at least finished second and probably taken the win otherwise. Next time out I'll be ready for them

Based on my first real PMT race day I'd say that the E-Revo is devastating. It handles better than the nitros, carries more speed through the turns, and jumps out of slow corners much faster.
    Traxxas racing!

RC Qualifier
    are the novak 5.5 and 6.5 a kit ??
    E-Revo Brushless Edition

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by saydee1800
    4.5 is the fast but it over heat it is meant for drag or short high speed runs
    the do have a 5.5 it should be 10% fast than the 6.5 so Im guessing 41-42
    couldnt you gear it though so that it reduces temps but still get better speed than say a 6.5? The only thing I can think of is that it takes more power so you would still sacrifice run times overall vs a 6.5. I remember back in the day I had a 4.5 the old one and I got 10min runs times just bashing with some 4000mah or was 4500mah sticks 14 cells.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Velineon
    are the novak 5.5 and 6.5 a kit ??
    Yes you can get them as a kit - ESC, motor, cover cap for second motor mount holes, heatsink for motor and fan for ESC. All pre-wired and ready to rock .
    Traxxas racing!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by momo.75
    Here are a couple of pics from under the lid.

Hey where did you get those red anodized turnbuckles for the front sway bars? Possible to order them separately or something? Any parts number possibly? Thnx!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by benredick
    Hey where did you get those red anodized turnbuckles for the front sway bars? Possible to order them separately or something? Any parts number possibly? Thnx!

A buddy and myelf had bought a PE Revo (minus the motor) to strip for parts so I got the sways, pushrods, turnbuckles and hubs for my ERevo. They are actually a little too long for the ERevo because of the trans case. I am going to trade out with somebody that has a nitro revo and the regular sways so I can get the shorter bars. If you have the regular bars, I would just stick with them.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathchild
    I got to race mine on Sunday at a track that is built for nitros. 5 minute heats, 20 minute mains, a very large track with a lot of speed and big jumps. I geared it down to 14/68 to try and extend the runtime.

A total of 9 entries in PMT class, one other E and 7 nitros - Revos, LSTs, etc - all built for racing and driven by people that are on this track every weekend. It was my second time on the track, only got about 10 minutes of practice the previous time. I was able to keep pace with the field despite making a lot of mistakes on the big jumps, and ran behind the TQ for about 2 laps in the second heat before losing a wheel. I believe I could have moved ahead otherwise, I was running on his tail and trying to find a passing chance when it happened. Still managed to qualify third.

After the race I noticed that the Novak esc fan was broken, which I hear is a common problem. I knew this be an issue since I had my doubts about finishing a 20 minute main anyway - I'd never put the E-Revo down that long with the HV system. I took second place on the first lap and just cruised along keeping pace with the leader, hoping to keep the temperatures down. In the 8th minute it thermalled and shut down, I was about 10 seconds off the leader while running at a casual pace.

I put the temp gun on the electronics quickly and saw that it was the ESC, the motor was still reading around 140 which is what I get about a 5 minute heat run. It was dissapointing to end the day like that, I'm sure I could have at least finished second and probably taken the win otherwise. Next time out I'll be ready for them

Based on my first real PMT race day I'd say that the E-Revo is devastating. It handles better than the nitros, carries more speed through the turns, and jumps out of slow corners much faster.
    Sorry to hear about the fan.........other than that, it's a blast isn't it?

RC Qualifier
    What setups do you guys use right now? Any of you guys using the variable dampening pistons?

RC Competitor
    I run the variable pistons with the Traxxas swaybars and it is easily the most agile REVO I have ever driven.
    Brian

RC Racer
    i am getting the novak 6.5 but the maxamp batteries are pretty pricey is there any cheaper 8000 mah batteries out there i could that anyone can recommend for a good price.

RC Qualifier
    They are a little pricey, but once you get them they will last, as long as you take care of them. Be careful about some of the lesser known brands for cheaper. Lipo batteries can be dangerous, so you want to know what you are getting.

RC Qualifier
    ricketki: There are several threads here discussing lipo batteries that people have successfully used for brushless conversions, really good info there from user experiences.

Just make sure that you confirm the amount of Amps that you will be seeing with the motor you choose. I usually try to make sure my continuous rate that the battery can handle is more than the peak Amp that the motor can pull. This should cover you for any amp pull issues as you won't be pulling the maximum amount of amps all the time anyway.

I may have to give the swaybars a look too. WHen using the variable pistons compared to the regular ones, did you feel the need to go up or down in oil weight compared to the same sized but standard style pistons?

RC Competitor
    I went up 1 weight on oil. I am running #2 variable pistons, 60 weight front and rear with orange and gold springs. Silver bars set at the very end of the bars.

RC poster
    This is by far the cleanest looking revo I've seen. After seeing this truck I definitely have to pick up an erevo. No I will have a new 3905 and erevo to work on

RC Qualifier
    any updates on your shock set-up?

springs
    oil
    vdp

thanks
    gigity gigity gigity gu

RC Enthusiast
    Momo.75,

Nicely done there, that is a awesome truck. I got my E-revo few months ago and been a lot of fun. Now I need more power to give me speed and ready to take it out on the racing track.

First question, I notice you only have one Novak 6.5 installed, would that only give the E-Revo 2WD not 4WD with like with two Twin Titan motors? I would like the 4WD to make good runs over on rocky terrains.

My other question, I researched the Traxxas Velineon Brushless System, and the Novak 6.5, are you familiar with the V brushless system to know the difference between the two, if one is better than the other? Someone did put twin-V brushless on the E-Revo using 5000v 11.1v, with heatsinks, and two ESC.

I was wondering if can put two Twin- Nowak 6.5 motors, two ESC, and put in two Masamps Lipo 8000HV 7.4V? This way could still get the 4WD and more power with more upgrades like heatsinks, fans, sway board, and wheelie bar. Think my idea would work, or bad idea?

Hope could get some help to make my descision. Thanks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast