Thread: 1.5d's in stock

1.5d's in stock

Just thought I'd throw it out there, Impaktrc.com has the Tekno version of the 1515 1.5D/f in stock right now, 4 of them as I type.

Just a heads up for those wanting one.

RC Champion
    good lookin out. Lookin for another 1y when they show up.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thanks for posting the heads-up. Here's the link.

As an owner of this exact motor, all I have to say is it is the best $260 I've ever spent on RC. Truly is an exceptional motor. If I had to nitpick, the ONLY complaint I could come up with is that the wires are really short and if you are using a MMM you'll probably have to make a wire extension (costs a lot to buy those 6.5mm plugs). Fortunately I have an MGM and it has wires soldered right into it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unsullied_Spy
    Thanks for posting the heads-up. Here's the link.

As an owner of this exact motor, all I have to say is it is the best $260 I've ever spent on RC.
    how many cells are you running on it?
    be nice.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by HoovHartid

If he says 4s, I'm throwing my 1Y away.

the wires are really short and if you are using a MMM you'll probably have to make a wire extension (costs a lot to buy those 6.5mm plugs). Fortunately I have an MGM and it has wires soldered right into it.
    Also, I have the tekno one too, and am curious if anyone knows how to go from the 4mm plugs to the 6.5mm MMM plugs, do you have to open the brushless motor? I did it with all my friends wiring, and his were sloppy to say the least...
    Last edited by texas_pete; 07-17-2008 at 04:17 AM.
    E-R-E-V-O : My anti-drug.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by texas_pete
    lol

Also, I have the tekno one too, and am curious if anyone knows how to go from the 4mm plugs to the 6.5mm MMM plugs, do you have to open the brushless motor? I did it with all my friends wiring, and his were sloppy to say the least...
    I did it...

...desoldered the 4mm and resoldered the 6.5mm...
    be nice.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Please don't throw it away, there are plenty of people who will take good care of it

4mm to 6.5mm? It comes with bare leads, just put 6.5s on it and run an extension to the ESC.

4s Maxamps 8k lipos, even with my MGM's soft start on medium it has enough straight-line power that I can barely even get it up to full speed before it runs out of room. My subdivision is all gravel, but on the parts where it's just hard-packed dirt I can grab full throttle and my Talons immediately turn into pizza-cutters and actually dig little trenches in the dirt. I had to make a quick getaway from a dog that wanted a piece of my Revo

I broke my aluminum chassis and had to get a new one, still haven't drilled the holes for my battery trays or modded the chassis to fit my transmission yet, but when I get the chance I'll be sure to get some vid of it as it is completely insane.

4mm to 6.5mm? It comes with bare leads, just put 6.5s on it and run an extension to the ESC.
    My 1y came with 4mm connectors also. I had to desolder them and I soldered on 5.5mm connectors.

RC Champion
    Pete, call me your trash can then I could always use another 1y.
    Run it, break it, fix it, love it :]=~

RC Racer
    What is the big difference from the 1.5/D from the 1/Y?
    Wouldn't the 2200Kv of the 1Y be a bit better on battery packs than the 2700 1.5D? What about heat?
    I am new at this stuff.. So please bear with me.

RC Champion
    With the Medusa 36/60/2000 being 2000kv shouldnt it perform as well as the neu 1y?
    Last edited by BUSTITUP; 07-17-2008 at 10:38 AM.
    MMM is giving new meaning to "Make Em Cry

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySki
    What is the big difference from the 1.5/D from the 1/Y?
    Wouldn't the 2200Kv of the 1Y be a bit better on battery packs than the 2700 1.5D? What about heat?
    I am new at this stuff.. So please bear with me.
    It's simple math actually...
    2200[kV] * 2 * 7,4[V] = 32560 [rpm] max
    2700[kV] * 2 * 7,4[V] = 39960 [rpm] max

So the 2700 will get you to a higher top speed when it's geared the same and you use the same batteries. What this formula does not show however is the torque. What the 1.5d gains in top speed/rpm it will lose in torque. So the 1y will have more torque while the 1.5d will have a higher top speed (if all the other factors stay the same that is!). The energy drain will be nearly identical.

@BUSTITUP: The Medusa 36/60/2200 sounds as if it's a 60mm motor with 2200kV? Then it will be inferior to the 1y since it's not as long (~70mm?). The longer a motor is the more torque it has. Apart from that the Neu Motors are also more efficient, meaning they make better use of the power put into them and thus produce less heat.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BUSTITUP
    With the Medusa 36/60/2000 being 2000kv shouldnt it perform as well as the neu 1y?
    The Neu's are better, but that Meudusa v2 60 2000kv is a heck of a motor from what i've seen fron ashek. I have one on order myself to play with.. at only 120 it's a nice buy if it can hold up to racing... I will of course post after I get to the testing, but they are back ordered a couple weeks out according to my email.
    Neu 1515 2.5d & 1.5d, 2x MMM -sIck IaM

RC Qualifier
    already sold out AGAIN!
    Wellington, Florida RC Racer

lol!! I knew they wouldnt last long, thats why I posted it.

RC Racer
    I was able to snag one. All the good stuff is on B/O. Major pain...
    Is the brushless world in R/C cars something that has just taken off?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySki
    Is the brushless world in R/C cars something that has just taken off?
    with the way prices of brushless setups going down and gas prices going up,which i think will start effecting nitro prices, I think electric set-ups will continue to grow in popularity.

woah....i sound like some kind of politician
    be nice.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    woah....i sound like some kind of politician
    Somebody wash his mouth out with soap!

Those Medusas look like one heck of a motor for the price, they don't cost a ton more than a Feigao but are considerably better.

I'm sure there's a torque difference between the 1Y and the 1.5D on paper and maybe on 6s pulling massive gearing, but for bashing the 1.5D has yet to run out of steam on me.