RC Competitor

Superglue insteas of locktite - any opinions

Has anyone used superglue instead of loctite? I figured it would cost me too much in has to go to my LHS to get some loctite so I firuged suerglue might work, but I haven't used it before so I figured I would get some opinions first.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revo Junkie
    Has anyone used superglue instead of loctite? I figured it would cost me too much in has to go to my LHS to get some loctite so I firuged suerglue might work, but I haven't used it before so I figured I would get some opinions first.
    Super glue can't take too much heat, so it wouldn't work for some things.

But also....it permanent man.

If you put superglue where you would normally put loctite...it won't ever come apart again.....
    be nice.

RC Competitor
    I was thinking of some cheap super glue or maybe even plumbers tape. Plumbers tape I am worred about since the tape could get wound up in the motor. I firuge since the screws are bigger then normal size for the 700-HO motor, I could try. Actually, I cam going to try this myslef on an old crappy part just to see how it works. Probably should've did that to begin with.

RC Qualifier
    You can get loctite at any hardware store. Might save you a drive "all the way over to the LHS", if it's that far.

RC Champion
    I've used superglue on pinions before. Things still come apart after a soak in acetone. You can buy generic red loctite from ********* for a buck. It's not worth it to place an order for loctite alone, but if you're ordering connectors, wire, heatshrink, batteries, etc. it's worth tossing into your order.
    MMM/2200 powered E-Revo - sufficiently excessive

RC Champion
    they have great planes loctite at tower for $2.89 or losi lock tite at losipartswarehouse for $3, its $7.29 for a small tube of it a lowes by me. rip !

Metal on metal I use loctite. If I need to hold a screw in plastic I use a drop of CA. It isn't permanent...as long as you don't use too much. CA also works great if you have a plastic peice that is stripped, too.
    Kraken Baja
    Traxxas X-Maxx

RC Competitor
    I used some super glue on the screws that go into the 700-HO with the bigger screws since there is more bite when loosening the screws. The pinion is a different story since it's a lot smaller.

RC Qualifier
    I use the wifes nail polish LOL even comes with a brush to apply it and some nice colors ha ha works good
    Brushless makes everything taste better

RC Racer
    you can get locktite at any local autoparts store. Just make sure and get the blue. Its the same stuff that your paying a fortune for from the LHS
    This hobby is horrible my bank account hates it

RC Qualifier
    You can also pick up Locktite at wal-mart. It's pretty easy to find. Stay away from the superglue in my opinion, it just can't bode well.
    I don't have a witty signature.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i wouldn't use super glue, i put super glue on my throttle post, when i went to remove the screw the post snapped in too.

RC poster
    Awe man I put 2 screws in my motor with super glue and also just super glued my pinion screw then decoded to ask Google if it would work.... oh well it's working for now I haven't tried to remove any of the screws yet we'll cross that bridge once we get there