Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Champion
    I had the opportunity to call them, got put on hold for about 10 minutes and had to leave a voice mail with a "Chad". It was shortly after 3pm Chicago time when I called so it could have been at the end of his work day in New Jersey, so it's hard to say if I was being avoided or just had bad timing.

Sadly I'm not surprised, how does a company survive that operates this way. Truely a mystery.....

RC Champion
    Beats me, or even lasts this long like that, they've had to have been around atleast 20-25 years!

And now their showing that they're selling IB brand Li-Po packs, that's freakin' scary!

RC Champion
    Finally got a hold of somebody and now have a claim number to send the pack in under!

RC Champion
    Update, when I got home from work tonight there was a box waiting for me that had a bunch of Trinity marked packing tape on the outside of the box. Turns out Trinity completely replaced this pack with a brand new one that has all side by side cells! All I have to say is....................

Thank You Trinity!!!!!!!!!!

Well that must be about the standard wait time you have to go through, I finally got mine replaced after 3 months also and I haven't had any additional problems with any of the several packs I have. They are way more reliable than the IB 4200's so far but I'm also into lipos now so not likely to be buying any more nimh batts...

Watch your temps on those batteries.....

RC Champion
    The truck still has 17t pinions on it, plus with winter coming, I'm hoping that will help some too.

RC Qualifier
    The same thing happened to me and now it is three months later and they sent me some high quality ib 4600 side by side stick packs. They are awesome, but one week into the wait and no response I bought two new energ-4600 packs. The batteries they sent me can keep up with my unmatched energ batteries, but get destroyed by the matched packs. Overall I am happy with them, good quality cells.

The reason my old ones exploded is because of the way the packs were constructed not the individual cells.

RC Champion
    It's like de ja vu all over again, took the truck for a test run today with the new and old pack and the old pack blew the same battery door clean off the truck again (about 16' distance again too), only this time it was in the store while we were open! I was going to call Trinity tomorrow and thank them for the replacement of the first pack........guess I may have to bring up this one going Kablooey too I'll have pics to post up tomorrow or tuesday, I forgot my camera at work tonight

RC Qualifier
    Omg you blew another one, jeeze looks like trinity is not the way to go. Hit or break anything in the store?
    E-revo for sale. PM me for more info.

RC Champion
    Luckily not, the floor is sealed concrete (well....was sealed before we opened the doors 7 years ago....) and luckily I was the closest person to the truck and on the left had side of it this time too. Took forever to clean up since right after that business started to pick up again and the blast threw stuff 20 or so feet towards the front and to the right of the truck! I just can't believe all of the crud that comes out of those cells, I didn't know you pack that much stuff in one of those little cells!

RC Qualifier
    pitures now plz lol. quite leaving your camera at work imo.

RC Champion
    Actually, pics on the first page is a close approximation of the carnage, just about 100ft or so north of the first location....................

RC Champion
    Went and got the camera this morning and finally got them loaded.
    right by the truck

The black dot infront of the shelf is the latch on the rear cooling vent and the long black spot in front of the SCX display is the battery door

Here's the battery compartment

RC Champion
    Now here's some of the blast area

Can you believe such a little battery could make such a huge mess!

Here's the star of this little show

I got a hold of Trintiy and they gave me an RA number to send this battery in under, should get it sent out Friday or Saturday.

Well ain't that just swell, you better just bite the bullet and go lipo. They can't be any more dangerous than that. At the current rate of exchange your well into Feb 09 before you get to run again lol.

RC Qualifier
    holy cow thats nuts, just one cell holds all that junk. why not try lipos?

RC Champion
    Money, didn't even have enough to completely fill the Jeep this week and the outlook isn't going to be good for a while with Christmas on the way either. Atleast gas prices have dropped severely so that'll be of some help.
    Last edited by bjoehandley; 10-28-2008 at 09:55 AM.

RC Champion
    Got home from work last night and the replacement pack was waiting for me! I think that was maybe 3 weeks turn around and I put about 5 minutes on them today behind the store and I didn't blow any of the battery doors off either

Wow that borders on impressive but with the economy in such fine shape maybe they aren't too busy right now. Anyway glad your up and running again and hopefully no more blown off battery doors lol....

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by powerslider
    Anyway glad your up and running again and hopefully no more blown off battery doors lol....
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one, maybe one I get a chance to put a full run on them

RC Racer
    Intellect 4600mah batteries suck!!!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasbasher13
    Intellect 4600mah batteries suck!!!!!
    They did a nice job educating folks that use to be afraid of lipo's from the worst case scenarios that were flooding the net a year or two ago! All off a sudden folks running nimhs had shrapnel causing damage from pretty normal use and it wasn’t even predictable. You really have to do something retarded or intentional to get a lipo to react and cause damage.

RC Champion
    Didn't get a chance to run it on my day off today snice I was helping Dad clean the gutters and rotate the tires on their minivan. I'll try again on Tuesday or Thursday.

RC Champion
    Before I forget, I had some SMC 4600 7.2v packs finally come in off backorder and plan on buying those friday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12