Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    RC Racer

new traxxas rock crawler???

I was checking out the new rock crawler special edition mag today at work and on the back cover is a mysterious ad for traxxas with tire treads going up a staircase. I'm thinking possible crawler!!!
    Slash PE
    N.Stampede 3.3
    Rustler VXL
    MMM Erevo

RC Champion
    well even if it isn't exactly a crawler (traxxas never gives hints about new products), at least I won't have a heart attack when it is released like I did the past 3 times when i logged on to see the Slash, E Revo, and then Slayer lol It sounds interesting though and I wouldn't doubt something like that from traxxas, but knowing them that's probably going to be the only sign you'll see of it until it's released. and although it's exciting to talk about, i've learned to just try to tame the urge to discuss and just wait until it's officially announced. but for now, what else was mentioned in the ad besides a pic of a tire/tread pattern? did it say anything?
    "As you think, so shall you become." -Bruce Lee

RC Champion
    What is the name of the magazine? I'd like to see if I could find the ad somewhere online
    Traxxas racing!

RC Champion
    It could be the RC Car Action September issue. There's a picture of the XTM X-Crawler on the front. Is that it?
    MMM/2200 powered E-Revo - sufficiently excessive

RC Champion
    No there is a special issue dedicated to Rock Crawlers, just like the issue that was printed titled Monster Trucks....It's only like 100 pages but covers only crawlers..etc ...I saw the same ad last night at wallyworld and wondered the same thing....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Good good, nice to see that the traxxas guys pay attention to what the customers are asking for. if it looks like poop though, I wont be buying- gotta be a big, bad, solid axle monster with TXT-1 beastiness. Not some lame 1/12 or 1/18 piece of cack like some recent offereing from other companies...
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Champion
    Scan and post, anyone?
    Eat my road grit, liver lips! -Clark W. Griswold

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chachi_RC
    Scan and post, anyone?
    +1 please.
    be nice.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Traxxas hinting to a new product??? I dont know they are usually pretty secretive. If they do relies one that would be cool.
    Ya please scan it.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynix
    Traxxas hinting to a new product??? I dont know they are usually pretty secretive. If they do relies one that would be cool.
    Ya please scan it.
    doesnt sound like them

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    No one usually knows until its realized on the homepage.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by JOCKS_RETURN
    doesnt sound like them
    No, you're right, it doesn't sound like them.

But, not sounding like themselves would be a Traxxas thing to do, right? You know, throw us off the normal trail? See, we now are all used to them releasing anything new with a picture on the home page. We now expect that, so it may be time for them to mix it up a bit. Just some marketing thoughts on the matter.

RC Qualifier
    The ad's pretty basic. SNEFF nailed it. Tan stairs and black tire marks with the Traxxas logo at the bottom. Says "UNSTOPPABLE" "ANY TERRAIN" "ANY CHALLENGE" "ONE TRUCK" No pics, no shadow of anything. Really basic, and to be honest, I don't think that I want a Traxxas Crawler. I'm getting my AX10 ARTR and I already got all the components for it. Not to mention the loads of aftermarket support for a majority of the crawlers out there.

+1 to Neil on the 1/12 and 1/18 scale crawlers. Not worth it unless you want to crawl things that float, like "Small Rocks." Little Monty Python joke there, but seriously. Traxxas has some serious competition in this department. I suppose that Traxxas has overcome some other heavy competition in the past, but Axial and HPI have a good start on them.

Just my two cents, and I want my change.
    I don't have a witty signature.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Traxxas could be turning over a new advertising leaf. Hinting at stuff and leaving every in suspense. I dont know if I like it or not.

RC Qualifier
    PICS PLEASE

and this reminds me of
    NEXT
    12:22:03
    ..and when I looked to the left I saw a parked car

RC Qualifier
    I'm getting a bit excited for this too. I picked up the special edition mag while traveling last week. I just ordered an E-revo should have it on Thursday...so a crawler to accompany my e-revo and axial would be great.
    Traxxas Rally, Grave Digger, and LaTrax Alias

RC Qualifier
    I've always wondered why Traxxas has never produced a brushless 70MPH 1/10 scale ELECTRIC on-road touring car - an electric version of the NITRO 4-tec 3.3. Something like that.

I'd buy one. Hear that guys????
    Lots of brushless power in the garage.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I sent them an email so I will post what he says when I get a replay.

RC Champion
    It'd be cool if it's a crawler, I'd have to scrounge up money for one of those too then.........

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    they started hinting stuff when the new e-maxx came out on their website and the e-revo too with it outlined. but take a pic of it and post it we want to see please

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    well i guess we wil lhave to wait and see. if they do announce a vehicle this week wouldnt expect it to be announced until end of the week. but me personally i wouldnt be surprsied if they wait til lthe olympics are over.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Champion
    if your not breaking anything get more air

RC Qualifier
    IMO those tread patterns and the width of them, considering what the overall width of the vehicle must be, makes me think they are MT tires...could be wrong though.
    Lots of brushless power in the garage.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Maybe it would be like a super class or ultra class rock crawler I hope thats what they are called.

RC Champion
    I don't know, with the width of the treads, I would have to say true crawler as opposed to a MT. But then again, that is just how I am seeing it. Plus, tread pattern seems consistent with a scale looking crawler tire. I really don't think Traxxas has any fear with jumping into a new segment that is already loaded with competition. But as mentioned, it better be full scale (at least 1/10) and not a weak attempt with a 1/18th crawler like the big L did.

But really, is Traxxas just on a tear or what? If I could buy stock in this company, I would do it in a heartbeat, but they are a private held company! EMaxx (3905), ERevo, Slash, Slayer, what is NEXT?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You forgot the Revo PE, New Revo and new TMAxx I agree Traxxas is on a role.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynix
    Maybe it would be like a super class or ultra class rock crawler I hope thats what they are called.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, wouldn't take much to make a capable chassis with an E-Maxx or E-Revo trans or solid axles using Revo diffs and stub axles, then use Revo Drive shafts between the trans and axles. Just tool up a crawler capable motor and use an existing ESC and electronics (like what's in the E-Revo) to finish it off.

RC Champion
    That's OK, my E-Revo could climb those stairs as it is. Who needs a "crawler"? Plus, mine can haul **** too! Let's see a crawler do anything over 2mph!

Just playing the devil's advocate!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoehandley
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, wouldn't take much to make a capable chassis with an E-Maxx or E-Revo trans or solid axles using Revo diffs and stub axles, then use Revo Drive shafts between the trans and axles. Just tool up a crawler capable motor and use an existing ESC and electronics (like what's in the E-Revo) to finish it off.
    somthing like this
    emaxx crawler

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Chachi_RC
    That's OK, my E-Revo could climb those stairs as it is. Who needs a "crawler"? Plus, mine can haul **** too! Let's see a crawler do anything over 2mph!

Just playing the devil's advocate!
    Hate to break it to you, but an E-Revo is not going to crawl up stairs. Try it and let me know how far you get. Unless we are talking less then average height stairs, or a flight of less then two, it doesn't stand a chance. It will get high centered after the front tires make it up the first step. I've built two rock crawlers so far, and have a third in the works. The first two had no chance of crawling up stairs. My third, which is a Super Class rig, might be able too, but I'll have to see first.
    You have a rodent infestation. Shall I terminate?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think a super class class crawler would be cool.

RC Qualifier
    i wonder if this is a response to tamiyas success of the landcruiser rock crawler they have.........in all honesty the small stuff have not taken off as most have expected vs say an electric revo or the losi min LST. I bet in sales the revo is selling hotter than the mini stuff in general. Rock crawling it seems has taken off also and traxxas cant ignore that......

RC Champion
    It would be best if it were a Super, not really any competition there for RTR's, only problem might be (at first anyway) would be lack of aftermarket support for tires, ant maybe some whininess from "it ain't a crawler unless you built it" crowd.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlanders001
    I've always wondered why Traxxas has never produced a brushless 70MPH 1/10 scale ELECTRIC on-road touring car - an electric version of the NITRO 4-tec 3.3. Something like that.

I'd buy one. Hear that guys????
    me too!

my tc4 is cryin for a break../
    ... see that traxxas? I had to go to the competition for my onroad racer! you dont want that, do you?

If you make it.....they will come!
    be nice.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by scotthw
    Yes it's on the back cover of that magazine.
    Traxxas Rally, Grave Digger, and LaTrax Alias

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    they all ready made an electric version for the 4-tec but it is not updated and it is discontinued.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelby VNT
    Hate to break it to you, but an E-Revo is not going to crawl up stairs. Try it and let me know how far you get. Unless we are talking less then average height stairs, or a flight of less then two, it doesn't stand a chance. It will get high centered after the front tires make it up the first step. I've built two rock crawlers so far, and have a third in the works. The first two had no chance of crawling up stairs. My third, which is a Super Class rig, might be able too, but I'll have to see first.
    Woah, hold on there sport. I didn't know Mr. Crawler came to chime in his thoughs, but I was kind of kidding really. Don't get your panties in a wad over it! But I do appreciate the nerd-like breakdown of crawling though. Next time I'll make sure to use lots of those smiley faces so you get my meaning.

Anyways, it will be cool to see what they have up their sleeves! As far as aftermarket parts support, I don't think Traxxas cares about that before releasing something new. They are the ones that make the vehicles that the aftermarket companies need to survive. Plus, they usually have a full line of accessories and upgrade parts that they produce themselves, which are great until the other companies start to make stuff too. I'm just curious how they are releasing info on it, which is different than what they have done on the last few releases. Hmmmmmm.......

RC Qualifier
    chachi, the NEXT thing is the new waterproof emaxx, it was the first of its kind and on the main page it had a countdown with a sillouhete of the body
    ..and when I looked to the left I saw a parked car

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Nope. The erevo had a sillouhete- the emaxx 3905 has a close up of the shell, with a water drop that rolled down its side.
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast