Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Racer
    add another one to the list of positive feedback. even though all that aluminum isn't my cup of tea... it's not my truck, and i can honestly say i like what you have done with YOUR money with YOUR time on YOUR truck. definately a one-of-a-kind jato you have there

RC Competitor
    what engine can i buy that will give me the best of both worlds? i want to pounce off the line and want my top end to be off the charts.

thank you Broke, i'm actually starting to build another jato, its gonna be completely stock except of course for the power plant and pipe and of course the gearing.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 08-17-2008 at 05:57 AM. Reason: merge

RC Qualifier
    oooh thats a good question about the mill imma go do research now.lol
    My 0-60 mph is faster then your Bugatti Veyron.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    nice ride....love the extended chassis........any footage??
    Keep spendin $$ and ur still in the way!!

RC Qualifier
    no discrimination against jato lovers. but since ur doing this really cool project. i thought if u could be bothered and had some money could that car be converted to AWD. that i think would be sick! It would be like a drag racing REVO!!
    O.S.|HiTech|RPM|THS|50wt

RC Competitor
    Hey deepsouth, check out the picco .28, for $200 it has to be the most well balanced motor. I also found the ofna jammin .28 , I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!
    Seriously, I know my O.S. 30 vg is the wrong motor to have in my jato, I just liked the sound of having a .30, IN A JATO!!!!!!!! C'mon now with 3 hp @ 28,000 rpm's I ain't breaking no speed records.

RC Competitor
    maxbomb, not only am i trying to make her a 4wd with all my new found space, I'm also trying to put front disc brakes on her, cause we all know how good the brakes are in our jatos. (NOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!)

RC Qualifier
    hahaha yeah man i hear ya. i was out with me jato today. trying to fix me brakes. yeah man the only down fall with the car. the brakes cant match the speed. but yeah im lovin the sound a those disc brakes. good luck to ya!!

cant wait till u get some vid going on that baby.
    Last edited by Maxbomb; 08-17-2008 at 07:33 AM.
    O.S.|HiTech|RPM|THS|50wt

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jatokilla
    maxbomb, not only am i trying to make her a 4wd with all my new found space, I'm also trying to put front disc brakes on her, cause we all know how good the brakes are in our jatos. (NOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!)
    i would like to send u some pics of a 2wd 3 disc car... may help u out some... my hobby shop has a shumacher f1 car... it's crazy setup....
    been there bought that

RC Qualifier
    Hey deepsouth, check out the picco .28, for $200 it has to be the most well balanced motor. I also found the ofna jammin .28 , I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!
    Seriously, I know my O.S. 30 vg is the wrong motor to have in my jato, I just liked the sound of having a .30, IN A JATO!!!!!!!! C'mon now with 3 hp @ 28,000 rpm's I ain't breaking no speed records.
    yea you definetly need mpore rpms and top end.
    ill actually go look right now for you bro

RC Qualifier
    jatokilla, i looked into it and the ofna jammin .28 wins my vote. it has higher practical use rpm, and it makes its power at more rpms then the picco or nova mills; which i figured would make more snse running for top speed.

yea i even through the nova mills into comparison.

RC Competitor
    hey deepsouth, my buddy gave me his brand new picco .26 outlaw, 2.7hp @ 37,000 rpm's, and get this I was doing my own research and came across this baby, AXE ROSSI MAMBA .21 X1 EVOLUTION COMPETITION , 3.1 hp @42,500 rpm's heres the link:
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/23732

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The axe mamba is not that good seriously, you will be faster if you do what i suggest with your .30.
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

RC Qualifier
    hey deepsouth, my buddy gave me his brand new picco .26 outlaw, 2.7hp @ 37,000 rpm's, and get this I was doing my own research and came across this baby, AXE ROSSI MAMBA .21 X1 EVOLUTION COMPETITION , 3.1 hp @42,500 rpm's heres the link:
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/23732
    jato killa i was out for a few days but if that new motor you came across truly has those specs that would prolly win hands down. but i think overrevo said its not good.......so idk what to say.

and then again on the picco .26 i never saw those specs in the few sites i went o but if thats true then u should be better off. just for the record i think those are the specs i consitently saw for the jammin .28 motor.

RC Competitor
    well i think i will send out my .30 as u suggested since i replaced it with the .26 outlaw. its only gonna collect dust. if u have the address, please pm me.
    MY JATO IS NICER THAN YOUR JATO

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by deepsouth
    jato killa i was out for a few days but if that new motor you came across truly has those specs that would prolly win hands down. but i think overrevo said its not good.......so idk what to say.

and then again on the picco .26 i never saw those specs in the few sites i went o but if thats true then u should be better off. just for the record i think those are the specs i consitently saw for the jammin .28 motor.
    I dont say dont get it, from what ive heard they are not worthing it, and on the Xdyno they are not impressive.

If he do what i suggested him for his .30VG he will be more than happy.
    But the .26 outlaw will do the job just fine also.

ABmods

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Over_revO
    I dont say dont get it, from what ive heard they are not worthing it, and on the Xdyno they are not impressive.

If he do what i suggested him for his .30VG he will be more than happy.
    But the .26 outlaw will do the job just fine also.

hmm, u always know what to do.lol

one day, i might know as much as you.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by deepsouth
    hmm, u always know what to do.lol

one day, i might know as much as you.

Thx but i didnt meant to tell him exactly what he should do, but the options offered to him are good.

I just modified a .30VG for a friend some weeks ago and the top end difference is ridiculous. It look like it was going half throttle before the mod... Thats ABmods Stage 2 spec. But modified by me, should be even better from ABmods himself.

Im just very curious and really go see into every details when i like something.
    3 years ago i didnt knew what was a spur gear to give you an idea...

But i work almost every day with manual tools at the shop, dremels, router, etc... so the hardest part of the modding process for me was to understand how it work. I used the search fonction a LOT !!

And being friend with Adam at ABmods (just by internet and phone....) really helped me understand how those engines work, his level of knowledge on those engines is simply unreal.

All in all, the more you try things and see their effect, the more you will know... for the tuning as an example...

ABmods

RC Qualifier
    Nice wheels man....i was wondering what tank is the best to add onto the jato? Im looking for 125cc +

I noticed you did afew mods...well LOADS of mods hahah. Nice i must say man. when changing the tank size does it affect the centre of gravity?

Last thing dude....what wheel size is that? 1/8 scale? Im thinking about getting 17mm adapters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12