Thread: wheel issue

RC Qualifier

wheel issue

ok, so i went out this weekend and it was kind of a crappy weekend. anyway im tired of dealin with my tires. I have bought another brand new set of premounted talons and drilled the rims. ive had better luck since drilling the rims but i still am having blow outs, if i reglue the rims the tire comes off even faster, anyone have a suggestion
    First race/Stock Losi 8ight/finished 2nd

RC Champion
    try running a very small bead of glue around the rim before you use them when they are new and clean them good first with denatured alcohol.
    #3 R.I.P DALE you are missed- when you are old enough to vote then you can tell me what i should or should not do. traxxas models - 4wd s maxx w/3.3 axles & carriers,turnbuckles: 1st gen revo w/ a 3.3: blast boat: t maxx 3.3: nitro 4 tec: nitro rustler. "ME" for president.

RC Qualifier
    i bought them new and mounted so i didnt have 2

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jato_revo08
    i bought them new and mounted so i didnt have 2
    do it still as a precaution, don't rely on the factory glue because it is obvious that it isn't holding.
    #3 R.I.P DALE you are missed- when you are old enough to vote then you can tell me what i should or should not do. traxxas models - 4wd s maxx w/3.3 axles & carriers,turnbuckles: 1st gen revo w/ a 3.3: blast boat: t maxx 3.3: nitro 4 tec: nitro rustler. "ME" for president.

RC Qualifier
    ive gotten ones that arent mounted as well, ive used a dremel to scuff the surface and ive also just cleaned the rim

RC Qualifier
    switch over to proline badland tires and mount them on the velocity rims, I'd go w/ the 1/2" offset but they are a 17mm rim so you will need the OFNA or Traxxas 17mm hubs. Great upgrade... never look back. Use a gel glue on the inside bead when installing then use the regular super glue around the top edge to really seal them in place.
    Neu 1515 2.5d & 1.5d, 2x MMM -sIck IaM

RC Qualifier
    i bought some badlands w/ torque rims for my jato and i cant keep those on 4 the life of me

RC Champion
    maybe its the glue that your using ive glues traxxas tires on traxxas rims and after cleaning them and prepping them ive had no problems unless they ballon due to one tire unloading .....in wich case it was my fault for not letting off the throttle
    drive it like you stole it !!!!!

RC Qualifier
    let off the throttle, what nonsense is that?...lol. just kiddin, but yea be careful meh revo 3.3 tires came off the rims about a tank after break in, they weren't done well. try skuffin em up on the inside, and do a double glue ring, let that sit a while, then do a bead around the outside. i found it to be very useful to let them sit and dry even if u got like 15 minute glue, wait a while because air isn't gettin to those inside beads very well. good luck with the problem.

RC Qualifier
    ok, ill try that thanks

RC Champion
    Weird. I've never had any Traxxas tires break away from the rims. The factory glue jobs are done very well. This goes for all the Traxxas models I have owned, not just the Revo.
    You have a rodent infestation. Shall I terminate?

RC Qualifier
    my condas on my jato stay on unless they litterly rip apart, but with my revo im havin nothin but problems

RC Qualifier
    yea i was litterally pulling the tires off when i was road testing the revo. the tires then started cracking and tearing around the glue. once i did the double ring it kept em on there and i'm almost on meh 3rd gallon. thats alot better then the couple hours they were lasting.
    There's some important stuff hidden in the waffle.

RC Competitor
    what these fellas said.

sand the lip to make a better adhesion surface, it works wonders.

take your time with the glue bead, it definitely pays off.