Thread: 70 Mph Club

RC Competitor

70 Mph Club

all right fellas, my ride is complete, i dropped in the new picco .26 outlaw and just finished breaking her in. all I can say is OMG!!!!! If i don't hit at least 70 this weekend, I QUIT!
    So... if any one has any suggestions to help me obtain that slippery title,(and don't say remove my aluminum, it ain't happening )
    Picco .26 outlaw
    Novaroissi EFRA 064 pipe
    Anodized alum tranny gears
    54/26 (2.07)
    OFNA foams
    25% Byron fuel
    MY JATO IS NICER THAN YOUR JATO

RC Qualifier
    that set up is nice, If you dont hit it ill be suprised, the only thing that might hold u back is the tranny gears but thats a good upgrade so yea
    First race/Stock Losi 8ight/finished 2nd

RC Champion
    don't run a wing, wheelie bar, and i would try without a body to get ur tune down... then go for a body...

secondly..... i make sure the rear end squats real ez... to the point of scrapin.... i know it sounds funny.... but it worked for me.....
    good luck to ya.....
    been there bought that

RC Competitor
    i dont have to worry about wheelies, since i extended the chasis by 2", plus the lil xtra weight in the front from the aluminum keeps her grounded, and thank you for your suggestion forbes and yoursupport

RC Competitor
    !@#$%^&!@#$%^&*!@#$%^& tranny gears, will someone please step up and help a brother out! steel tranny gears equal no limits!!!!!!!!

RC Champion
    what pitch gears are they? stock?... with that much torque.... i have something that ur mill may be able to pull......, since i have seen ur work.. makin this thing work shouldn't be a problem.... send me ur addy.. i'll drop it in the mail......
    been there bought that

RC Competitor
    stock jato spur, team associated clutch bell and pinion, the pinion is aluminum

RC Champion
    i got somethin i made u could use....
    sent u pm
    been there bought that

RC Qualifier
    what happend bro they shredded or what?

hey and jatokilla go look at my post of the dragbuild or wtv it was i just did it.
    My 0-60 mph is faster then your Bugatti Veyron.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Id run wider gearing than 26/54 (if the stock Jato bell is 24..)

On 19T 36T revo gear , 19T 34T would be even better if you can fit them.

You will have not much problem going over 70mph. The .26 Outlaw is brutal.

Have you stripped the transmission gears??
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

RC Competitor
    stripped? stripped? more like melted! im not spending 75 bucks on another set of anodized aluminum, 3 was enough. I'll suffer till robinson racing or whoever comes out with a steel tranny upgrade.
    Over rev0 i can set my car up to run 1.17 if u want. for my speed run this weekend i will try your set up as well. To tell u the truth, my car seems to run its best on the stock gears, dont ask me how or why? after all the experimenting i did i always go back to stock.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    hoping you hit that 70... would like to know what a .26 can do, because I want the Picco .28...

RC Competitor
    my running partner just dropped a picco .28 in his new t-maxx which i modified for him i extended his chasis by 2" its longer than my 3.3 extended revo that motor is sick! it has great specs i almost bought it

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    they claim a 2.85HP engine... so does the T-Maxx do backflips?

RC Competitor
    we put taller gears on cause the darn thing wont keep the front tires on the ground, he already broke rear drive shaft, a cv joint and rear diffs, darn engine has too much giddy up and go!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    haha... still lots of upgrading to do then it seems...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jatokilla
    we put taller gears on cause the darn thing wont keep the front tires on the ground, he already broke rear drive shaft, a cv joint and rear diffs, darn engine has too much giddy up and go!

im suprised it broke the cv joint and rear diffs.

it must really be some kinda mill, as i have never drove one.
    My 0-60 mph is faster then your Bugatti Veyron.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jatokilla
    stripped? stripped? more like melted! im not spending 75 bucks on another set of anodized aluminum, 3 was enough. I'll suffer till robinson racing or whoever comes out with a steel tranny upgrade.
    Over rev0 i can set my car up to run 1.17 if u want. for my speed run this weekend i will try your set up as well. To tell u the truth, my car seems to run its best on the stock gears, dont ask me how or why? after all the experimenting i did i always go back to stock.
    I said this before, but here's why. The pinion gears you tried are much heavier than stock creating more rotating mass. Also the ratio 1.17:1 is way lower than the stock ratio of 2:25:1, causing your engine to bogg down and no acceleration. Your engine nor any other engine for that matter can pull that ratio and rotating mass of metal gears, especially on a 6 or 7lb. Jato. Those gears will never allow your engine to rev up to the max rpm, which is already less than a 3.3 will rev.

I have proven this with both my builds. My modded .21TM had massive tork and could pull 25/36=1.44 1.0 pitch. The problem was, it was over geared, and lacked the rpm to get much over 60. It probably could but I don't have 800-1000ft, radio range or the time to wait and see. Tork alone simply won't do it. It will just damage the drive train, tires and everthing else in it's way. Neither will rpm alone, it can't fight the drag. You need a good compromise of both. Not to mention the added tork of your engine is great, but you need it to pull the extra weight, so they basically cancel each other out.

Everyone asked why I got such a small engine. My little Picco/JLR.12 has less than 40oz in. tork, but revs more than 50k rpm. Even at the quart mark, it will hit low to mid 60's with ease in less than 300 ft. on shorter than stock gearin, 22/56. Why...the engine is geared for the shorter stroke of the .12 to allow it to reach max rpm, which means faster.

The gearing principle, only works in theory. The theory will only hold true in certain applications and within reason. Meaning your engine....the tork/rpm it has and where it makes it's power and for how long it holds that powerband.

If you don't believe me, spend an extra $100 bucks testing gearing like I did and find out for yourself.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    a 100 bucks......
    u got off cheap... lol
    been there bought that

RC Champion
    . You must have spent a lot considering your diso****. They don't get it yet, but they will.

Tell these guys how long you been working on that 3.3 and how far you came, and what it took just to get over 65. I remember those old threads and all those different setups, and pipes and carbs.

You definatley get the honors bro. You certainly put in the wrench time.
    REVO LRP .30x

RC Champion
    lol... man i wish i had have the money i spent....
    pipes, gears, i got 6 diff carbs that i destroyed just to get one to work, chassis destroyed from good ideas....
    o god the list goes on....
    if my wife was to read this ..... i'd be dead lol.....
    did u ever see the street jato i was building? destroyed my extra rs4 to make it work.....
    believe me.... i have nothing but respect for all of u who are modding rather for speed or anything else....
    sure does suck to have gr8 ideas that don't work..... then figure out something that does lol
    been there bought that

RC Qualifier
    I have had a blast modded and throwin my modded parts back in the bag cause it didn't work... sucks and gets expensive but very fun... Nothing like tryin something and having it actully work. (still waiting on mine to work)

I always like to try what others didn't have luck in to see if i can find something new that does work.

Anyone who has the guts to mod anything on there expensive car i will give them respect just for trying. Takes alot just to get out there and mod it just to see if they can come up with something.

I never was one to just keep anything the way it came.. Thats what make this hobby so fun there are sooooooooo many diff. things that can be done and havn't been done before..

Its always nice to have other guys that have tried new things and help you along the way when you run into problems or give you more ideas to make it better.
    Jato O.S. 21tm. w/ buku pipe