RC Champion

Question Those of us shooting for GOLD (70+)

What do you guys think about the boost bottle kit, and what does it really do?

RC Qualifier
    search button.......

unless your a master tuner i wouldn't do it... And from those who have had it say they didn't see much improvement
    Jato O.S. 21tm. w/ buku pipe

some enchasing performance parts been told that it aint increase nothing.
    it’s better to save money and later spent it on a serious upgrade such as modification the engine.

RC Competitor
    only if the boost bottle kit contains nitro---------blast off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MY JATO IS NICER THAN YOUR JATO

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jatokilla
    only if the boost bottle kit contains nitro---------blast off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha the boost bottle, has been so much fun for me.

the part that i liked the most about the boost bottle is that i would be refueling the truck or what not at the park and ppl would occasionally stop by and say how cool it was. but the absolute best one ever is when this one guy or "billy"( from the e-revo forum joke|they are just simple confused non-rc ppl)-

to understand how and why im saying billy go here>> BILLY JOKE

-walked by and stopped and talked about the jato and he was interested in that shiny bottle it had, thinking and assuming it was nitrous. ( and the whole time i am tryin so hard not burst out in laughter as i new i was about to shock him). Well, i couldnt resist so i made sure i didnt have the needles back rich, and i told the guy to stand back cause i was gonna spray it. Naturally, since the jato is so fast he thought that i just sprayed it for him. haha it was great and he couldnt believe it and he started walkin away sayin he was get one and have 2 shiny bottles and that he was gonna beat me. and the only other sorta good one was this one time when the line going to the boost bottle from the carb was disconnected and i was running the jato without the line to see what it would do.so anyways i knew that this new billy was tryin to figure out what i was doin and i carefully put a few drops of 20% in the bottle just to mess with him(all while he is talking to me about how he was into rcs like 10 years ago) and then i put the line back on. he now thought that i was going to watch the motor explode because i put in to many drops of nitro in the bottle. and so i cranked her up and let her warm up and then he later admitted that the car looked about 30% faster after he watched me nail it really good one time.

lol the jokes that i have seriously had with this boost bottle are awesome.

i just cant stop myself
    My 0-60 mph is faster then your Bugatti Veyron.

RC Champion
    I had a boost bottle given to me, just the bottle not what ever you how ever you attach it to the carb.

I think it has somthing to do with a fuel head pressure tank setup, don't know how it would work or how to set up.
    (Got Fuel?) REVO 3.3, Jato 3.3, Rustys Daddy!

RC Champion
    ^^^ You have to tap a hole into your crank case then put a pressure nipple in and run a line from the nipple to the bottle.
    O.S. Powered Race Revo 3.3

RC Champion
    Hey Thanks Revoroller13
    Thats it then no anything put in the bottle?

IDK seems IMO,

make a complex crankcase leak,

then plug it with a fancy 'nitrous' bottle' looking plug setup.

Is there some 'function' I am missing here?

some one correct me on what I have wrong here please.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by iltsonitm
    Hey Thanks Revoroller13
    Thats it then no anything put in the bottle?

IDK seems IMO,

make a complex crankcase leak,

then plug it with a fancy 'nitrous' bottle' looking plug setup.

Is there some 'function' I am missing here?

some one correct me on what I have wrong here please.

nope. your not missing annything. nothing goes into the bottle, no liguid, gas, or anything...

i think it was more of a attract ppl to buy sort of marketing deal by saying boost bottle, but its hard to tell if it improves or not.....and if mine really did it wasnt significant. but all and all your not missing anything, and i think they were tryin to say that it would increase the crankcase pressure making it more stable. but its just a plug in system and its not pressurized, so i really think its like a marketing show-off sorta thing.

that and once you plug it in it seems that it would "use up" the oxygen in the bottle, ......making the motor lean to start of and then running rich after the bottle has no oxygen left?

any one wanna infrom us on why its supposed to work.....and how.

RC Champion
    it's nothing...
    its like runnin steel braided hose for fuel line....
    looks cool
    serves no other purpose just my opinion...
    been there bought that

RC Champion
    so is it just a fuel tank?
    vxlpede
    wkcrawler
    minirio
    1/8nbuggy
    1/16vxl?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Stampedeboy
    so is it just a fuel tank?

no its not a fuel tank.

its pointless i guess

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    A boost bottle will smooth out low to mid range rpm operation when designed properly. The units sold for RC use are not designed properly. The storage volume is usually to large and the feed line is to small of diameter. The bottle will essentially store pressure and prevent reverse carburation. The stored pressure also contains fully atomized fuel, which usually does not happen at low RPM and increases fuel economy at lower rpm. Yamaha was one of, if not the first, to ever use a boost bottle, and it was referred to as the yamaha energy induction system. The system was put in place in the mid 70's and was implimented on a lot their two strokes through present day, so the idea/concept does work. It is rare that they add speed as at high rpm the no longer have any effect.
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

RC Champion
    Hey Cuda

I got some more info on it and its like you say.

Basically adds some 'chamber' volume.

The put a hole in the crankcase sounds reasonable.

the person that gave it to me says there is an attachment for the carb, at least for this bottle, so when he finds it I will have to get back to you all on that.