RC Competitor

Joint Jato Venture

I have a crazy idea, since all we do is talk about how to make the fastest jato, and give each other tips and advice, let's pool our ideas together, and make the baddest jato ever. We can all donate parts here and there and i'm sure between all us speed freaks we can come up with enough parts to build one jato. Now, I know I have plenty spare parts, who's with me?, and best of all who we voting to build it.
    MY JATO IS NICER THAN YOUR JATO

RC Champion
    Well I would love the honors but I think it will likely go to Forbes

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    well my friend ordered a Picco .28, waiting for it to arrive... if the Fusion 28 gets 80 with that engine, the Jato should at least get 70...

RC Qualifier
    The reason why the fusion gets up to 80+mph is because of its 3 speed transmission, not because of the engine...

I used to have one (actually i have it in my basement with a pile of parts) and i remember rebuilding that thing over and over again. It had a ridiculous final ratio for the the 3rd gear.
    #mphModel: 60NR, 62Jato, 51Revo, 36Slash, 35MiniT

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    but surely the engine must do something... sure the Jato just has 2 gears, but if you change the ratios you should get into the 70's...

RC Champion
    there is a fine line u have to find.... the powerband of the mill/ the torque of the mill from take off/ the max rpm's...
    after u find the specifics.... u adjust gearing
    for example... u have a big block mill will tons of torque and 25,000 rpms
    a 24/54 gear is worthless.... may get 40 mph / but get there quick
    so in turn u would gear taller just an example 35/45 to bring the engine back to a stockspeed (that was for example only

where as a smallblock with 40,000 rpms and lil torque at the bottom end but a uasable powerband tween25k-35k u can run 19/40 and be equal......
    the gars have to match the mill and so forth for every application....
    now to make this even worse.....
    every mill is different, every where u run changes it, the tires , weight, fuel, gloplugs, ur strecth ur runnin.....
    and ur tunning...
    been there bought that

RC Qualifier
    woo. didnt think there was that much to it. now i understand how hard it was for u to get 71.
    O.S.|HiTech|RPM|THS|50wt

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbomb
    woo. didnt think there was that much to it. now i understand how hard it was for u to get 71.
    thats nt even half of it......
    ask over revo and nitro revo....
    i still have yet to find the perfect setup.... i just found one that was fast by luck..... to be honest.... i stripped my spur gear and did nt have any other jato gears..... but my buddy had some and i was like why not lets run them
    been there bought that