Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    Hey Savage I only took apart the G3R because I was planning on selling it..pretty much everything you see minus the front & rear setup..It's practically new, ran once on street for 5 minutes...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by HoovHartid
    I think he's refering to a kid who wanted to buy everything in black. I can't find the thread now. He was excited.
    Here it is

^^^

That's blackouterevo
    E-R-E-V-O : My anti-drug.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by texas_pete
    Here it is

^^^

That's blackouterevo
    oh yeah! ninja! lol thanks!

good lookin out
    be nice.

RC Racer
    Was that a real setup, was he serious..dyeing dust boots, antenna tubes Sandblasting springs??????

RC Racer
    Oh I forgot, Thanks for link Pete..

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, he was serious, he made like 4 threads about it actually...

I doubt he ever got around to it, I think he said he was 13, so I doubt a 13 year old could have the resources to do a project like that...

RC Racer
    Oh he was 13, that explains it all..well never too young to have expectations, just not too far fetch..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by longbill76
    Was that a real setup, was he serious..dyeing dust boots, antenna tubes Sandblasting springs??????
    yeah, lol...he's just a kid. I thought he seemed a bit...i donno...

but, i looked into it and he's like 13 or something. so i cut him some slack.
    be nice.

RC Champion
    I thought Neil was referring to "BlackedOutREVO", a member on RC-M who "blacked out" his Revo a couple of years ago.
    Save 10% of the money you make..... you'll never regret it.

RC Qualifier
    yeah that was me with my blacked out revo idea
    it was only two threads
    i was a newb to the online community
    and i do hav all the resources and money
    except for a decent LHS
    my dad is a mechanic and has been a race truck driver for 15+ years and i know all about cars/trucks/anythiong with an engine and wheels

i know im stil only 13
    and also yeah i was seriously about dying the dust plugs in the axle carriers and wats wrong with sandblasting the springs?
    please dont judge me buy my age
    i bet you didnt even know i take statistics AP(12th grade math) as a 9th grader
    E-REVO (my dream)
    ~neu 1515/1Y/S
    ~MMM

RC Racer
    Didn't mean to offend you Mikey, it's just that the mods you were planning to do seem out of the ordinary, but if you like it then who are we to judge..if you do finish your Revo then please post some pics..I'm curious to see how it turned out..

RC Racer
    OK, guys my parts did not arrive today so I'm going to bomb the fedex building
    so will continue with my build tomorrow, in the meantime I decided to work on the motor wiring...
    Bullets My Way!

RC Racer
    Hey guys, someone on another forum said that I should not cut the wire on the Neu, something about impedance or resistance of the winds, is this true? Kinda paranoid now

RC Champion
    That's correct longbill. The Castle motors have regular wires coming out so you can cut them all you want. Most other motors (like the Neu) have the actual windings coming out of the can, so you don't want to break or cut them.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    it looks nice and clean

but i was told the same thing about not cutting
    be nice.

RC Qualifier
    I don't really see a problem with cutting the wires. Everyone uses different length wires anyway, and the part that was cut isn't being would anymore.

I think the reasoning is more due to the fact that you can't replace them if you cut them too short. I don't know for sure, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

RC Qualifier
    I think I read somewhere that the bottom on the Neu motor wires are enamel coated, so the flow of the current is gonna be all jacked...

Looks clean though...

RC poster
    According to directions in Castle's Drivers Ed book, it states if you choose to direct solder or to shorten the motor wires, you MAY do so on the Castle Creations CM36 MOTORS ONLY. DO NOT CUT any part of the wire length from any other motor, regardless of brand or type.

The CM36 motors are mostly used on the 1/10 scale vehicles.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well, it looks nice, even if you just turned a $230 motor into a paperweight.

How much did you remove- they are bare/ soldered for a small portion, but then enamel coated as they get close to the motor and enter it. if you didnt cut them all the way back to the enamel part, then you should still be okay.

I personally would have just used a few layers of shrink tube around the wires behind the plugs to bulk out the diameter, then put a final layer on to make it seem as though there is just one fat wire connected to each plug.
    READ THE FAQ!
    or else.....

RC Racer
    Thanks guys, I've also contacted Tekno/Impakt they said it should be fine..I think the whole concern regarding stripping below the insulation is because the wire has a coating on it that makes it impossible to solder on, Texas-Pete mentioned that, but I do not think it is enamel, it's more like a polymer or resin..I had to use a dremel with a fine wire brush wheel attachment to strip of the coating. I think the reason for the do not cut below insulation is because some people might not have the knowledge or proper tools to get it done, such as kids getting into this hobby...If I did this when I first started in the hobby, I would've screwed up this motor big time, that coating on the wire was tough. I wish I took a picture for you guys but I was concentrating on getting it done right.. with proper tools it is fairly easy. I will test the motor either today or tomorrow to see results, cross my fingers!

RC Enthusiast
    Hey Longbill76 can you tell me where you got the center diff for your G3R or if you made it. Can you post a picture of the bottom of the chassis
    EREBE
    MERV
    BL DM-1
    MBX6T 1521 1Y
    G3R 1527 1Y

RC Racer
    Ok, so a few parts arrived today, not much but good enough. Today I received the Hot Racing Titanium Stub Axles #TRV021A, check the weight differences with stock..simply amazing..

Note: they are about .5mm longer than stock so you'll need to add more shims to reduce the slop..no big deal. I also received the single motor plate #5690X & the new gear cover to match #5677X for the weight conscious e-revos, changing these 2 parts will reduce a decent amount of weight..If you follow my build I'm pretty sure your e-revo will look real good in a bikini.

RC Racer
    Shipping electronics have been a bit strict lately..it's probably being held in customs. Did you call your post company..

RC Racer
    Maybe we should team up & bomb all post companies..
    The center diff mount was made by Mike @ RCM, if I'm not mistaken, he made like only 2 or 3 of these mounts..very nice, it positions the motor dead centered, & it sits incredibly low..here are some more pics..I'm selling it by the way, minus the front&rear bulks.

RC Competitor
    Where did you get the single motor plate/cover.
    Thanks.

RC Racer
    Motor plate/center diff mount was custom made by Mike at RCMonster, this was a prototype..

RC Enthusiast
    Longbill76 how much for the G3R with the center diff
    EREBE
    MERV
    BL DM-1
    MBX6T 1521 1Y
    G3R 1527 1Y

RC Competitor
    Longbill: I mean the Traxxas single motor plate and cover #5690X #5677X as places I have looked at seem out of stock...awesome looking erevos by the way

RC Enthusiast
    I think the time difference is getting the better of us me being on the other side of the worls
    EREBE
    MERV
    BL DM-1
    MBX6T 1521 1Y
    G3R 1527 1Y

RC Racer
    SV6000 PM me when you get the chance..
    I got the motor plate from RCBOCA & the gear cover from Traxxas

RC Enthusiast
    PM sent Longbill
    EREBE
    MERV
    BL DM-1
    MBX6T 1521 1Y
    G3R 1527 1Y

RC Racer
    Nice, I like those titanium stub axles, I wasnt aware they existed. I have been following this build and kind of copying to an extent, I have purchased those titanium universal joints and some titanium pillow balls so far to help lighten the load, and am trying to think of other creative ways to lighten this kit a bit.

RC Racer
    I'm glad I've been helpful Dave, I'm hoping to get my delivery tomorrow, so I can finish it up..

RC Qualifier
    Dude, I thought you died the rockers and the body. The pictures don't jive. Wassup wit dat?

RC Qualifier
    english please?
    jk
    he died the chassis and the rockers
    E-REVO (my dream)
    ~neu 1515/1Y/S
    ~MMM

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxxas Addict
    Dude, I thought you died the rockers and the body. The pictures don't jive. Wassup wit dat?

That's his old GR3.... Not the one he's working on now.

RC Enthusiast
    Sent you a PM Longbill76
    EREBE
    MERV
    BL DM-1
    MBX6T 1521 1Y
    G3R 1527 1Y

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey09120
    yeah .... me with my blacked out revo idea

I saw this and couldn't help myself...
    be nice.

RC Racer
    LOL, leave the kid alone, he'll probably teleport into your room & nun chuck you

RC Racer
    Hey guys, I finished my 8ight-T yesterday played it for 5mins and my MMM just did a auto shutoff, will not turn on...I did all this for nothing..

Called up CC this morning, very polite & helpful, didn't even ask any questions, said they will send it out immediately by priority mail & a return label for the damaged MMM..

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast