Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    RC Racer
    Home theater? What kind of amp's, speakers and all do you have going on?

I still havent decided if I will get a e revo or not yet. Haha hard choice!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by longbill76
    Use vinegar with dye...add pepper for taste most important ESSENCE! BAMM!
    Used 1/2 cup vingar got to excited and added the whole dye instead of half the amount, also took out the wheels after 1 and 1/2 hours, bad choose as the color did need fully seep into mixture. Next time 3 hrs. When you say simmer is that on a low heat??? I had mine just below boiling and had to top up the water a few times.

Color came wrong but came out a nice dark dried blood red. Pics to come.

I must say I hate sanding the wheels, are you guys using a dremel or hand sandpapering the wheels???

p.s. looked but could not find BAM in OZ salt and pepper gave it a nice hint of 2 herbs and spices

RC Champion
    Videos already!!!
    Faster Higher Longer Harder
    youtube.com/BisMaxx •

RC Racer
    Silly question, I just installed the traxxas 17mm. I used x2 shims of 0.2 size just before the hex, is this bad ???

RC Racer
    Hey Blackedoutrevo,
    my av amp, Onkyo tx-nr905
    B&W sub, center and floor standing
    What's holding you back? what is the other choice, just get both

Kamalt, more dye is better than not enough..if you follow my instructions you will get a proper deep color.
    I would put the shims on the axle, behind the inside bearing..shims behind hex will put pressure on outer bearings and prematurely wear them out.

RC Racer
    post up the items you bought

you gave me inspiration
    lifes tough, get a helmet

RC Racer
    Hey Blackedoutrevo,
    my av amp, Onkyo tx-nr905
    B&W sub, center and floor standing
    What's holding you back? what is the other choice, just get both

Kamalt, more dye is better than not enough..if you follow my instructions you will get a proper deep color.
    I would put the shims on the axle, behind the inside bearing..shims behind hex will put pressure on outer bearings and prematurely wear them out.
    Nice! Sounds like a fun set up!

A E revo, or a G3R revo, with the center diff looks so much more clean, but its also a 500 dollar set up, just for the chassis and center set up

Or I might build another Crt.5 BL, like a dumb nut, I sold it to my buddy, now I want it back LOL, that thing is so custom, all the parts I put into it, the only thing stock was literally the diffs, and cases, thats it

RC Racer
    what type of radio did you get

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by e revo maniac
    what type of radio did you get

He has a 3PK S I think... Futaba

RC Racer
    Well I made up my mind

Im going to order some revo parts in a few. Building a E revo, I already have a bunch of revo parts from my blacked out revo, haha

Hope you dont mind if I take a few ideas from your build????

RC Qualifier
    I have been looking at this whole thread and love the attention to detail for this build, it's a great looking truck.

I did have a couple of questions from the pictures about items that I cannot find online. Any help from anyone in the know would be appreciated.

1. Where did the black CC wire come from (is it 10 or 12 AWG), I haven't seen it for sale anywhere but do they actually offer it?

2. I see some sort of blue ring around a number of the screws, I love the look and expect it will help out in a number of areas. Where would I come across something like that?

3. Are the color codes for the wires just additional heat shrink or something else?

RC Racer
    HI Padrino,

Thanks for the compliments, I used 10 & 12awg CC wires, they are a bit hard to find, but you can just buy black deans 12awg wire. The blue rings are countersunk washers for flathead screws, I listed part numbers on each step of my build, so it'll be easier for people to search.
    The color code on my wires is color heat shrink tube, just my style

Guys, I will soon be getting a proper CNC machine for my production line of parts, so stay tuned for my update. I'm tired of seeing the same old hopup parts being repeated and copied by various companies, so it's time to get innovative! Hopefully I will have your support..

Thanks,
    Brandon

RC Enthusiast
    Still waiting for a video of your e-revo

RC Qualifier
    HI Padrino,

Thanks for the compliments, I used 10 & 12awg CC wires, they are a bit hard to find, but you can just buy black deans 12awg wire. The blue rings are countersunk washers for flathead screws, I listed part numbers on each step of my build, so it'll be easier for people to search.
    The color code on my wires is color heat shrink tube, just my style

Guys, I will soon be getting a proper CNC machine for my production line of parts, so stay tuned for my update. I'm tired of seeing the same old hopup parts being repeated and copied by various companies, so it's time to get innovative! Hopefully I will have your support..

Thanks,
    Brandon
    Thanks Brandon, excellent news on the CNC machine. I was looking at getting one myself but admit outside of some high end industrial machines I used for some professional tasks I don't really have a good read on a reasonable machine for the house.

I'm looking forward to anything you put together since the attention to detail and quality is great, my MMMv3 is on the way so I've been thinking about taking your lead and pulling apart my e-revo to black it out just like my big cars. Your ESC mount is really nice so I'm going to see what I can do in that regard with my limited selection of tools, if you are thinking about making parts I'm definitely in for a mount .

One additional question on the wires, did you manage to get 10 AWG in those Traxxas connectors to better support the current in the series circuit for the batteries or stick with the 12 AWG Traxxas states they support.

Cheers,

Brian

RC Racer

E-Revo Built My Way FOR SALE!

Hey everyone,

Guess what, I've decide to sell my custom E-revo, whoever is interested then please feel free to PM or email me directly..
    It is Brand New, never touched pavement, all electronics are BRAND NEW also!
    Serious offers only..
    Why sell? well I'm overwhelmed with creating my new RC company so there is little to no time for me to play, I mean I can always build another one.
    Nothing has changed on the E-revo since the last update, so buyer will get everything that was talked about in my thread...

Hope to hear from you guys!

Brandon
    Bwong76@gmail.com

RC Qualifier
    Awsome build up, I have a question tho! Where are all the blue screws/washers from? Is there a part number? or a link that sells them? I would really like to get my hands on a set. Please let me know, Thanks.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman1312
    Because of this video I got the tekno sway bar kit and let me say wow. It helped so much. Thanks.

Magic - yeah, after seeing that vid, I'm going Tekno as well. As for the Tekno kit, do I need just (1) kit for front & rear, or do I need (2) kits? Sorry for the ignorance............yup, I'm a Revo newb.
    Last edited by RareBear; 12-05-2008 at 01:57 PM.
    Isaiah 40:31
    "Just One More Lap!"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RareBear
    Magic - yeah, after seeing that vid, I'm going Tekno as well. As for the Tekno kit, do I need just (1) kit for front & rear, or do I need (2) kits? Sorry for the ignorance............yup, I'm a Revo newb.
    Just one http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=TKR1013. This is the one i got.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman1312

Magic - thanks!!
    Isaiah 40:31
    "Just One More Lap!"

RC Competitor
    Just wanted to thank you longbill for doing a fantastic job of keeping me up when I should be getting to bed for work in the morning, =P

Anyway, this entire build is absolutely awesome. I've only been in the RC hobby for a little over a year with the Rustler, but I just bought a fully RTR erevo off a member here for a great price. This thread does wonders for making me salivate at the things I could wish I would do to mine, hehe.

I'd honestly love to try doing something myself but with a deep dark red instead of the pure black. However, black with red is my absolute favorite color combination, so this whole setup is just fantastic to me.

Ok, I'm going to bed now. Can't be late any more or I'm likely to lose the only financing I have for my budding RC habit. =D

RC Racer
    Hey Draven, I don't know if I should be flattered or sorry
    anyways, thanks for the compliment, I'm glad I've inspired you with your own build..
    My E-Revo is still available everyone, I will consider selling as roller, but all depends on offer..don't be shy, just pm/email me.. I am real reasonable!

RC Racer
    draven im totally with you i did he same thing i have the chassis black rpm a arms red red pushrods and black rockers and black dishes

RC poster
    Is this still for sale?

RC Champion
    PM longbill.
    Faster Higher Longer Harder
    youtube.com/BisMaxx •

RC Qualifier
    That’s probably the cleanest Rc ever.
    -----The iceage is over, embrace the voltage.-----

RC Champion
    Its almost too clean, it would be sad to get her all muddy.

RC Racer
    Hey Everyone,

I apologize for my absence. I've been pretty busy working on my own line of motor mounts and working on my website www.EliteRCD.com please check it out when you guys get a chance...

Longbill

RC Racer

My company logo, let me know what you think hahaha!

RC Champion
    Welcome back longbill76 !

Your first motor mount is beautiful
    You're specialized only in motor mounts ?

RC Racer
    Thanks Popoxx, no I will soon be making my own chassis also, and whatever I think needs improving

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    longbill, that motor-mount is a piece of art, man...very nice!
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC Qualifier
    After spending the last hour reading this entire thread, I am in awe. My wife has a Revo and I have a Maxx.

I am going with a red theme on my Maxx and you just gave me the courage to Rit dye some parts red. This really looked fantastic.

Thanks for the great build log and I'll be sure to check out your store when I need something.

RC Racer
    Thank you for the kind compliments...if anyone needs help, just feel free to shoot me a PM or email..

I too really like that Mp9 Mount. That is drop dead sexy!

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

Hey longbill,
    how much did your custom revo sell for???

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    longbill, can you make some room in your inbox? I have a question for ya!

RC Qualifier
    Can you make us a custom Carbon Fiber Chassis?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    For the E-Revo?

Yes, you can...it will just be very expensive! You are better off getting a carbon-fiber nitro 3.3 chassis (Vantage makes a nice one) and convert it to brushless, it's cheaper as well!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I really like your webpage longbill. When are you going to start making direct drive motor mounts for the E-Revo? :P
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Racer
    Hey guys, thank you for your interest in my new motor mounts, it is currently slowly in production, as for making parts for e-revo..

carbon chassis = NO
    truggy style chassis with using truggy center diff, e-revo front & rear = good chance

I guess I'll either update on this forum or you can check my webpage from time to time for updates..

Brandon

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast