RC Racer

Any Scion tc owners?

Hey y'all,

I am considering purchasing a Scion tc vehicle. I am hoping some of you can help me out. First of all, I am 6'2" tall. Would I even fit in one? Also, if any of you own one, could you please tell me what sort of deal you got (price you paid) at the dealership? I don't want to get ripped off, but I know of a few people who actually ended up paying more than the sticker price on a new vehicle. And lastly, what sort of actual gas mileace do you really get? Thanks in advance for your help!
    Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto, domo...domo

RC Racer
    I don't own one but I was considering getting one. I drove it and it was too slow for what it is(even being an econobox), it was small inside(Im 6 foot), and I heard scion doesn't negotiate prices, what the sticker says is what you pay.
    Hope this helps

RC Champion
    Lost & Found on the intersection of Walk & Don't Walk
    google scion forums, will be your best bet. But imo, they are slow, and under powered.

go test drive one. That way you could see for your self.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Why not buy American? Maybe support our injured economy?
    RIP Bart Hinson
    1992-2009

RC Racer
    I had a friend who had one (Scion TC) 2 years ago. He was 6'1" and it fit him well. They are a great value for the price. They do have a lot of rattles though from the sunroof which is a widespread problem so i hope those dont bother you. Gas mileage was like 16 or 17 average i think... but he drove really hard with the manual tranny. Seemed like a safe car too as my buddy rearended a parked car with it doing 60mph and walked away.

IMO, buy American. I personally think that toyotas/hondas/nissans have very cheap interiors and have an overall cheap feel. Sure the motor might last forever, but what are the odds you will actually have the vehicle to 300k miles? most people sell em off after 60k haha.

IDK i just dont like having to pay a premium just to have a car that is assumed to be dependable and long lasting. I have owned 6 Fords in my years of driving, and have never ONCE had a problem. On the other hand, my friends with Toyotas have been plagued with problems (and the interiors fall apart). Besides, for the premium price you pay for a Japanese car, you could buy an equivalent FORD and get the 100k mile bumper to bumper warranty and be completely covered for 100k miles for less than the Japanese car. Just my $0.02

Overall tho, the Scion is a nice car.... good value, good looks, fast with the manual. Drop in the cold air intake too... my friend and i didi it to his and it sounded way cool.
    Last edited by fleshgearf150; 09-03-2008 at 03:33 PM.
    VXL/ 40wt frnt, 60wt rear/ RPM front end

RC Racer
    i think what you should look into is a mitsubishi lancer or an evo both i think have good room and good mileage, mitsubishi are good dependable cars without sacrificing mileage or performance if you want american go with a newer chevy just about same benefits as mitsubishi, (dependable without sacrificing performance or mileage) and are generally bigger cars with more interior room.
    what smells like supdawg???

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RustlerRacer16

AMEN!!!! " I work for FORD I DRIVE A FORD " "out of a job yet? keep buying american"

I've heard I'm not sure what brand it is but, I've heard that mini coopers have great leg room
    GOT ROOST?

RC Champion
    I agree 100%. Get a Chevrolet or Ford.
    I did test drive a scion and did not like it at all. It felt way to small for me, compared to my '06 Cobalt and I'm only 5'10.
    We ride together..We die together..Bad Boys 4Life

RC Champion
    its hilarious how many ricers I see driving these cars around with fart cans, and think they are fast......

my gramma drives one. so, to me, they are cute little fwd granny cars.......hahahahahaha
    Don't worry, its a rental. It can take it...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Everyone says buy American, I say buy Japanese. I have not worked on a single machine in the last year that was for an American automanufacture because they send them out of the US to be built and designed because it is cheaper. We only quoted one of these so called American companies, and it was an assembly line for the Edge, in Mexico.

Toyota(Scion) and Honda have contracted the company I work at(which is in the US) for a 10 million dollar assembly line, and these machines are shipping to Ohio were they will be used to build the car. Ford, GM and Cerebrus are all moving the workforce outside of the US because it is cheaper.
    I tried being reasonable, I didn't like it.

No more domestic vs. foreign argument, folks.
    Six in a row makes it go.

RC Racer
    id say get one of those economy colbalts they get good gas mileage and are roomy inside
    i need a 3.3 for my cf rustler

I have much to say about this comment of yours but I'll keep it short.

Just because it says "Ford" doesn't mean it's all from United States.

RC Champion
    If you wanna go green, get one of these. http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/
    Last edited by evolution21; 09-03-2008 at 10:03 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Smart cars are the worst buy on the market IMO, they only get 40 mpg, and cost 12 grand. Also, 71hp? Come on, it's not worth it, to only be able to have 2 seats, and the storage of maybe a suitcase. I've sat in one, and it was VERY roomy, but as soon as I remembered it was 12K+, and carries two people, I'd much rather get a motorcycle, or a year old car.

Now that I'm through with that, the Cobalt is a good looking car, gets pretty good mpg, and is fairly cheap.

I've heard some good things about the tC, but nothing about interior size, so you should test drive a couple, and see what you like.
    Jato 3.3-Drilled Res & Light porting

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution21
    wow you gotta be kidden those are so small and besides you get in a crash with one those and your just about dead besides the only reason it won the gumball was it maybe didnt stop for gas which is probably the only good thing about it...good gas mileage, and besides whos idea was it to let one of those in the gumball
    what smells like supdawg???

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution21

if you want to go green, get a Prius. at least they have SOME room. Smart cars get 40 mpg which is nothing special considering the room you sacrifice, their dangerous lack of power, and how goofy they look. if nothing else, i pity anyone who gets in an accident in a "smart" car. I certainly would not drive a loved one in one of those thats for sure haha. One hit from any other car with a sizable about of mass and your done.
    VXL/ 40wt frnt, 60wt rear/ RPM front end

RC Champion
    That smart car is maybe worth around 7k and should do way better on mpg.
    I own a '06 cobalt and is great so far, besides the stock tires.
    Like I already mentioned, I test drove a scion and it did not impress me.
    I agree with Mark S, the interior is small and not enough leg room.
    Last edited by evolution21; 09-03-2008 at 10:38 PM.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the input guys. I was also considering a Prius as well, but that's like an extra 6 grand or something like that. As for the Lancer evo, waay out of my budget! I'm trying to find something relatively sporty but has decent gas mileage & under $20K. I've also pondered purchasing a Ford Fusion, but just can't seem to convince myself to buy a Ford. I do prefer imports, I had an '04 camry, '03 protege, '92 626, and a 2000 corolla in the past. I currently own two vehicles, a '94 Plymouth Voyager (I know, a van is lame) and an '88 Chevy Full-size Pickup (a project vehicle I'm building up for off-road action). I primarily drive the van, and as you know, It's hard to attract the females with a van. That's why I was thinking a Scion tc; sporty and relatively cheap (with upgrade potential). Perhaps I should look into a cobalt? Sounds like a cool car, anyway.
    Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto, domo...domo

Traxxas Employee captainharlock's Avatar
    People focus! This is someone asking about a Scion TC not chevy or ford or mitsubishi. Not if you know somebody who knows somebody that used to own one.

Before this thread is closed: If you don't have anything to say don't reply.
    Terminal is not the end, only the beginning...

RC Qualifier
    SCION! TC! SCION! TC! SCION! TC! SCION! TC! SCION! TC! SCION! TC!

:LOL: sorry had to post this

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Lol, I don't even understand that picture! Anyways, if you get a Scion TC with the dealer installed turbo, then it adds 40 HP and barely hurts fuel economy. Even stock, they are fun cars to drive (although not a sports car by any stretch). But for the price, I think you got alot. Plus the reassurance that it was made by toyota (I am sorry, but I will never buy ford. Maybe some people have had good experience with them, but I know TONS of people who have not. Toyotas don't have pre-planned oboslesence, where as fords do. Anyways.)
    An injured friend is the bitterest of foes

RC Qualifier
    to be honest i doubt if anyone will get that picture, cant explain where its from. but imagine that for the past 7 minutes in a cartoon, there has been a program on in that tv show, bigging up the scion tc constantly, really dropping the advertisment bomb then these guys drive past shouting SCION! TC! soaking that guy who was on said tv show and hates the scion tv

RC Champion
    Its Frisky Dingo its a wierd but funny show. As for the tc it's a single persons car for going out to clubs with hardly any guts to it. A coworker let me drive hers and it wasn't bad or anything and it fit ok not great mind you just ok. Im 6'2 as well. Ended up getting an altima. IMO go to a scion dealer and just do a test drive. Those were still free last time I checked and will help you decide for yourself.

RC Champion
    Scion's are great cars for what they are. They are designed and marketed to be an entry level car for young drivers and low income families. They give you the toyota reliability with a good price and some sporty features. The non-negotiation part is to help new drivers who do not know how to haggle and negotiate or people intimidated by the process.

I know several people who own TC's and have driven them myself. I am 6' 220 and was very comfortable in one. Even the back seat is not that bad. All the owners I know love them and have had great luck with them. They are not a sports car but are nice to look at. At least for the price it get's you out of econo-box styling.
    Some things are just meant to make us wonder.

RC Champion
    When I test drove the Scion, the dealer told me that they have more after market hop-ups than the Honda Civic, not sure how true that is but if it is then its a sweet ride for our younger gen.