Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3.3 Sport club

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

3.3 Sport club

Welcome to the exclusive 3.3 Sport club. Any one with a 3.3 Nitro Sport is welcome. Talk about your 3.3 Nitro Sport beast here. Or you can brag about it and post some pics. What ever you want concerning 3.3 Sports.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

RC Champion
    Well here's mine when it had a 3.3, I'm gonna get it running again with another one when I get the money.

RC Champion
    Man this place is nice! Lol. Kidding, but I am glad this thread is here. Well have to keep this thread going huh? Long enough to be a sticky.
    I just recently installed my 3.3 and today finally got to open it up and see what shes got. Wow, what a screamer! So before I tell my story of the day I'll put up my pictures and 1st vid of the 3.3 sport.

Video!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwIB6hAsfiw
    Rustler, Alias, Stampede, and Aton+

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Heres mine
    Ready for rocks

Dragging mode

Carpet racer low

and Jato racing mode

As you can tell I like to show it off lol.

RC Champion
    We need a t-shirt or a hat of some type. Wish i could have gotten Traxxas approval to make hats. I was glad it was nice enough to get out and about, just to run up and down the road. The neighbors were all astounded when I told them it went 50 for sure.

Hey Cynix, where did you get the idea for the bandit wheels up front? I had that thought a long time ago, and wondered what it would look like..good to see great minds think alike.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I got it from you lol. I put rear bandit tires awhile back to show you what it would look like. Than I dissided to try the fronts on the front of mine I have yet to drive it like that though. Hats our Shirts would be awesome from Traxxas ad for the 3.3 Sport club.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-02-2009 at 10:03 AM.

RC Champion
    Hey not a problem Cynix.

Also, Cynix if you wanted couldnt you run slash wheels with that drag setup?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger_racer
    Man this place is nice! Lol. Kidding, but I am glad this thread is here. Well have to keep this thread going huh? Long enough to be a sticky.
    I just recently installed my 3.3 and today finally got to open it up and see what shes got. Wow, what a screamer! So before I tell my story of the day I'll put up my pictures and 1st vid of the 3.3 sport.

Video!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwIB6hAsfiw
    i would ditch that restrictive exhaust and put a tuned pipe on it. you will see a big difference in power
    nitro pede
    prather 40 deepvee
    t-maxx
    5' biplane

RC Champion
    I would if i could but no cash to get a new one..lol i just bought the 3.3. For what i make a pay check thats about 5 weeks of saving. Bills suck especially gas for the 1:1.! Plus i want to get a gallon through it before I through a pipe on.

I believe im going to go THS or just a Resinator, but havent desided...no money so havent really looked.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Hey not a problem Cynix.

Also, Cynix if you wanted couldnt you run slash wheels with that drag setup?
    Ya I could I keep forgetting to try some one it.

I believe im going to go THS or just a Resinator, but havent desided...no money so havent really looked.
    both the Resonator and THS pipes are good. IF you do go resonator I would get the duel chamber. It works great on my Slayer unfortunately its a rear exhaust and the pipe headers on the ths and resonator are different so I wasnt able to put it on the Sport.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-02-2009 at 10:03 AM. Reason: merge

RC Champion
    Yeah..I would more than likely go duel chamber Resinator..theres so much building on my list. I have parts out the wazzoo on a list that i want to get but cant..like the P.E. air filter- took that one from you Cynix.

First item is wheels and tires..I bashed the heck outa the stocks and the rims are cracking like crazy. Then the offroad ones there rpm and they are coming apart to..I need to cool off on big jumps and curb slaps.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I highly recommend the P.E./Slayer/5308 Revo/4908 Tmaxx airfilter . There is only a few things left on my part list that I wont have for a long time though.
    Last edited by Cynix; 09-13-2008 at 02:00 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sweet I keep forgetting to buy a new Spur gear for mine I have gone to my lhs like two or three times since I stripped it but I always forget to buy one.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynix
    I keep forgetting to buy a new Spur gear for mine I have gone to my lhs like two or three times since I stripped it but I always forget to buy one.
    I usually wright down things I need at the LHS then take the list with me because I always go there and know that I'm forgetting something.

RC Champion
    I went to get a video of the 3.3 on the sport...let me put it in simple math for you 3.3+ sport+ camera mount out back+heavy camera= wheelies wheelies and more wheelies..even at darn near full speed it would rip a wheelie. So nevermind that idea till i get some weights up front.

Anyway, i took motor off and no clutch problems...it was stuck but came undone in the middle of removing the engine. So it was all good thats 8 bucks i saved.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I went to get a video of the 3.3 on the sport...let me put it in simple math for you 3.3+ sport+ camera mount out back+heavy camera= wheelies wheelies and more wheelies..even at darn near full speed it would rip a wheelie. So nevermind that idea till i get some weights up front.

Anyway, i took motor off and no clutch problems...it was stuck but came undone in the middle of removing the engine. So it was all good thats 8 bucks i saved.
    High end high speed wheelies are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Super RC Driver
    I usually wright down things I need at the LHS then take the list with me because I always go there and know that I'm forgetting something.
    I should do that they have rc flight simulator game set up there and I always play that and tend to forget about the stuff I need.

RC Champion
    i like that rc simulator to..get a jet boy is that a tuff one to fly.

Yeah the wheelies are cool, but harsh on the camera..not to mention it makes the video majorly shaky. I have some cash saved up and im going to stop being a tight wad and thing im going to look for a set of jato shocks and get some new street tires for mine.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Sweet those will really help the handaling of it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I finally got a new spur and clutch So I can fire up the sport again. I wanted a lower tooth spur but all they had was stock higher and 64 tooth ones I didnt know if those would work with the stock bell gear so I just went stock again.

RC Champion
    Stock is fast enough. If you wanted to go 64 tooth i bet it would take some modding and a different clutch bell. At stock gearing im already wedged against the transmission.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ya thats what I though I was hopping to find like a 68 tooth. But thats ok stock gearing works fine.

RC Champion
    I guess we could always start a speed competition like the jato guys? I dont have the money that Forbes n Over have, so id probably back out quickly.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That would be fun but like you I have no money and I have no gps or radar gun. Plus Id win lol jk. Over Revo got 64 in a Revo just a little extra info for you.

RC Champion
    Geez. Those guys amaze me. I would be game for a while but nothing like what they do.

The most i would be able to do:
    Mess with gear combos.
    Change wheel n tire size.
    An attempt at a ram air system.
    Exhaust.

Cynix thats a bummer for you. I have a buddy with a radar gun, and then there is a long long flat straight in a park near where i go to school.
    Guess youd have to fly down here. So i got to wondering who all has a 3.3 sport?

RC Champion
    I am assuming that since no one has posted, everyone is out running there sports. As a member, Im calling out for everyones updates! I dont wanna see this thread die out.

Updates:
    My 3.3 is sitting apart from the sport right now, because I just performed a second thorough cleaning/flush with WD-40. Also the sport itself is still sitting in pieces from the transmission dissassembly..Which by the way I figured out the problem on. My t-maxx did it to and i thought no way did i toast two transmissions in 1 day(especially the maxx it was only going up n down the road.) So I looked again at the slipper...forgot to tighten them both down. So problem was to loose of slipper.

Also I had it out and the switch got ripped apart...I believe by my little neighbor or cousin..not to sure thought.

On the plus side, I recieved my new Green crystals that i bought from Harry67 on here...so no more crystal switching for me . Also im working out a deal with another guy for Revo shocks that Ill use up front on my street setup.

So thats it for me...lets keep this going, post up your update.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Glad you got your problem fixed. My Sport is sitting in my garage with out a spur gear or clutch right now. I will probably finally have it running today.

RC Champion
    Any of you guys had issues with stripping out the diffs? I put a 3.3 in my rustler (I think the rusty and sport share the same diff?) and it just chews and spits out the differential gears like nothing! It will hall though! I would like to race it against my jato and see how they compare.
    O.S. Powered Race Revo 3.3

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have had no problems with mine and I have had it for almost a year A stock Sport/Rustler with a 3.3 going up against a stock Jato 3.3 will lose it will need more parts to hang with a Jato.

RC Champion
    I have yet to strip out a differential...I run my slipper a little looser than stock, but not much. I was bashing mine hard the last time and still no stripped gears. What size wheels are you running, and how hard are you beating it?

RC Champion
    Rustler is all stock other then a flat 6v revo pack in the front. Wasn't beating it hard at all,just running up and down the street.

Cynix I know it would I was just saying I would like to see how they would compare, with the jato's 2spd the jato will walk away from the rustler.
    O.S. Powered Race Revo 3.3

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Well Im not to happy. I got my Sport fixed yesterday and its a nice day today like mid 80`s in September I go to start it for the first time in over a month it starts and its all fine and as soon as I get in on the road I strip my Spur gear. Also one of the motor mount pieces is cracked in half.

RC Champion
    Ive done that before to...on both the spur and the mount..I had to call and ask whick one to get...you need the ones for the 2.5 rustler..If its the mount that goes between the motor and the chassis motor mount.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yup thats the one its the second time this has happened to me. O well guess I got drive the Slayer. Sweet getting new parts is fun.

RC Champion
    Yeah but i need so many and there not cheapo 2 dollar ones either..Need extra spurs, a switch/batt holder, shock rebuild kit and a glow ignitor.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ya the expensive parts are a pain do to them costing alot of money. This is the longest thread in nthe Nitro Sport forum lol kinda sad.

RC Champion
    Keepin the 3.3 Club alive with a "bump"/update.

My revo springs n shocks came, only problem is they are the same length as factory front shocks n springs....so much for lowering the front end.
    I have a good set of revo springs n shocks if anyone wants to trade them up for a set of Jato front shocks.

In the end my plan was fairly simple. Due to the fact that I never no if Im going to be off road or on, I wanted a set up for both. Change the wheels n tires, and move the front factory shocks to the rear and jatos up front. So it would essentially be a wheel n shock swap. Not the best idea but a quick enough switch to keep from wasting the day away with taking a shock apart to remove a piece of fuel tubing.

RC Competitor
    yeah I'm still a .15 noob, prob. 3.3 for b-day next march. also I'm too busy to do t-shirt so if you guys want to make a design.
    Wow I'm a noob:
    Nitro Sport
    Team Losi Micro DT

RC Champion
    Ill work on something and maybe someone here can add to or change it up so that it looks really cool. I would deffinitely buy one.

One thing to remember is that if you do make a shirt make sure to cover all your bases so you dont have a huge lawsuit from traxxas on your hands.
    I ran into that possible problem with making hats that say traxxas on them, but this is a bit different.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ya be careful what you do regarding Traxxas products logos ect.

RC Champion
    Any news from any other sport memebers?

Mr. Juarez was cool enought to trade me out the revo shocks i have for a set of jato shocks, and hes gonna throw in a set of anaconda tires! Pretty cool dude. Well thats my update for now.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast