Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    ^^^People are waiting to get it shipped in, but I am curios as well.
    An injured friend is the bitterest of foes

My lhs has had the cd for the E-Revo in for over a month now. I also picked one up just to try it but will wait to go brushless first and then see.
    Kraken Baja
    Traxxas X-Maxx

RC Qualifier
    Has anyone tried it yet?
    Ever hear this? That toy truck cost how much?!?!

RC Competitor

e-revo diff

anyone out there??? really interested in know how this will work out?

heard one review from a guy at a hobby shop and he said it makes the truck not wheelie and really distributes power evenly from front to back and when cornering for racing makes it smooth...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i have yet to hear that from anyone not trying to sell product.

if power is distributed evenly front to back then the diff isnt doing its job. the point of having the center diff is to unload some of the power from the back wheels to the front in order to reduce wheelies.

with the torque on these trucks being as strong as it is....it becomes very hard to balance between wheelie control and front end ballooning. there is a juggling act in diff fluids to get it right.... and even after it is, changes in temperature will change its effect. and who wants to take a diff apart over and over to get it right...its kindof a pain. and sure, you'll always have some know-it-all who will tell you the exact diff oil you should be using....but there are too many variables for there to be just one answer. for instance, the motor kv, the voltage, the gearing, the temperature in the area, the size and weight of the wheels.....they all effect the output of a center diff.

buggies do well with a CD having smaller/thinner wheels the ballooning is a bit more controlled. In truggies/MT's you will need to tape your tires and even then, most of the guys I have seen running them have put 500k wt or diff lock in them to avoid ballooning.
    Last edited by HoovHartid; 11-17-2008 at 04:02 AM.

RC Champion
    Great upgrade for racers.. it wasn't a drastic performance increase, but enough to make it a worthy upgrade.. but it's not needed for your avg basher.

RC poster
    Does that thing completely stop the wheelies? I saw a youtube video in which it's used on an E-Revo and it get some wheelies but the front tires get as a balloon:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEWpVHiTNwQ
    Another question I have is if does it reduces the top speed or the acceleration and when using it you won't need to buy a wheelie bar.

RC Champion
    The center diff puts more power to the fronts. It is for racing on 4s. If you use it on 6s you will bald your front tires and possibly destroy the diff.

Has anyone tried it yet?

Review?
    Once you get lipo you never go nitro.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Dude, this thread is 3 years old- the centerdiff is 3 years old; ofcourse people have tried it- just type 'center diff' into the magic search feature and start reading...
    Keeping the Mods busy is my specialty...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12