RC Qualifier

what is your need for speed?

just wondering what everyone has topped out at with their cars, nitro or electric, what are your mods, and whatcha planning on doing next...

RC Champion
    ~50ish in my E-Rustler. Fast enough for me.

I just want to throw in, my dad's friend let me ride in his awesome Chevy Malibu Maxx that has a dropped in LS7, New Turbo, and removed limiter. We were on an oval track, and he hit 165 mph. I don't think I'll have a need for speed anytime soon.
    BMW E21 323i.. My baby.

RC Qualifier
    well as soon as Over_revO reads this he will be able to flaunt his new record

64mph with a TRX revo- worlds fastest know revo
    ..and when I looked to the left I saw a parked car

RC Qualifier
    I got my 18th scale to 55mph on a mamba 6800 and 3s lipo... It would eaily do 70 with an 8000kv... My Maxx does about 48, which is plenty fast. I hate how fast my 18th scale is because every touch makes it whack out at 55mph...

i have since downgraded to a 4500 and brought it down to 40mph.
    4909 Maxx, OS 18TZ BEAST

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky8333
    I just want to throw in, my dad's friend let me ride in his awesome Chevy Malibu Maxx that has a dropped in LS7, New Turbo, and removed limiter. We were on an oval track, and he hit 165 mph. I don't think I'll have a need for speed anytime soon.

There is so much wrong with that statement that I'm not even going to start.
    The answer is no. And yes, mine is faster.

I took my RC one night to the Hobby Superstore (eh hem, nothing super just has a lot of stuff and nobody knows anything there). They were having part of the parking lot blocked off and had a radar gun. They clocked my TMAXX at 48 mph.

I don't have a need for top speed. I prefer offroad racing and having my power at the low end and mid range.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Champion
    Emaxx with NEU 1515 1.5d

20t pinion, 45.4 mph
    22t pinion, 49.7 mph
    Mud-Maxx
    NEU 1515 1.5D MM 4s

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    i dont even have any vague idea bof the actual speed. but my rustler vxl blew the motor right after screaming by at around 50mph.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Qualifier
    never had my rc's clocked so i don't know the top speed. I would like to know though. Whatever it is, for me they are plenty fast!
    Jato 3.3 with a few upgrades...

RC Champion
    Both my electric Stampede and Rustler have all steel tooth gears in the tranny, and an Orion 17T Formula Pro BB motor.

I think when Spring comes [long way I know] I'll hook my Rustler up with some Anacondas and turn it into like a street truck mostly. Sometimes off-road but mainly on-road. Once I get it set fo on-road running, I'll hook it up with some neons on the bottom, headlight, and taillights so I can ide at night, but still in style.

Then for the Stampede I'm hoping to get some Mashers 2K tires with the rims pre-glued. Both trucks need to get some RPM 5x11x4 bearing holders, ofcourse with the bearings, and then other things like spur gears and such.

I'm also hoping to get atleast two Orion 4500 mAh batteries with the Traxxas plug ofcourse, then one day have both truck with all waterproof electronics.

Christmas is a long way but I can't wait!

RC Qualifier
    Robitronic Avid with Novak 3.5 velocity brushless system - 53.4mph
    with Novak 13.5 brushless - 26.4mph
    with Traxxas Vxl system - 34.7mph

All three times I was running a 6 cell nimhs, and the same gearing (yea i know thats bad but I wanted a straight comparison)
    Revo,Avid,TC5,B44,FLMVXL-R,SV27,blade400cp.....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught
    I took my RC one night to the Hobby Superstore (eh hem, nothing super just has a lot of stuff and nobody knows anything there). They were having part of the parking lot blocked off and had a radar gun. They clocked my TMAXX at 48 mph.

I don't have a need for top speed. I prefer offroad racing and having my power at the low end and mid range.
    Warrick's has the most pathetic commercials and the worst service,

these two spoiled kids next door wanted rc cars too (their dad is a nimrod). kept trying to tell him to go to RC hobbies but he insisted on going to warricks.
    one day after they got one of the cars back from shop, he brought home a INTEGY AIRFILTER!!!! WHO RECCOMENDS INTEGY AIRFILTERS????

off topic sorry
    my friend brought a radar to parking lot once, got my revo at 54, foc, 40t spur, stock cb, and talons
    ..and when I looked to the left I saw a parked car

^I wasn't mentioning their name cause I don't like advertising a place I wouldn't recommend^. Only good for emergencies when nobody has a part or it's late on a Sunday and they are open.
    All Lives Matter

So far... only 62.5mph in a Stampede, 3S2P 8K LiPo, VXL motor, Mamba ESC, Talons on front Masher 2Ks on rear. I should be able to do much better very soon--I have a new motor and ESC combo for the truck that I unfortunately haven't been able to GPS yet.
    99%er

Traxxas Employee captainharlock's Avatar
    My need for speed? I topped it at 229 mph so far...No engine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	1249  
    Terminal is not the end, only the beginning...

^I always thought there was something wrong with anyone wanting to jump out of a perfectly good working aircraft^

This confirms it j/k....

Hey C.H. How many jumps have you got under your belt.?
    All Lives Matter

RC Qualifier
    man that looks awesome, i cant wait to try that!

whoa special ability to post thumbnails..... but any ways aroun 50 with my stampede vxl.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Same here, 50 with my VXL rustler. Lol, fastest rc car in the world is an electric schumacher on-road, something like 127.2 MPH. Man, I would like to see that in person.
    An injured friend is the bitterest of foes

RC Champion
    Lost & Found on the intersection of Walk & Don't Walk
    bout 50 with my vxl pede, and 45 with my sport......
    NOBAMA '08 Welcome to the Greatest Dprsn.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Not sure but my Sport seems to be as or faster than our Jato.
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

RC Racer
    mm7700 slash, 47.3mph, next plan...... get a less needy motor

RC Qualifier
    My need for speed is on my dirtbike, just got in from a quick rip around some backroads, it is 7:45 pm here and things are dark! I love ripping down the road 6th gear doing about 100 kph! I have a need for speed on anything with a motor!lol
    Rustler VXL, all FLM and RPM!

RC Champion
    Lost & Found on the intersection of Walk & Don't Walk
    Quote Originally Posted by Yammyboy123
    My need for speed is on my dirtbike, just got in from a quick rip around some backroads, it is 7:45 pm here and things are dark! I love ripping down the road 6th gear doing about 100 kph! I have a need for speed on anything with a motor!lol

what size? Ive been on a kfx 450r, and cant get a long enough road for 5th.
    NOBAMA '08 Welcome to the Greatest Dprsn.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempted
    There is so much wrong with that statement that I'm not even going to start.
    I am telling truths. As for my need for speed, I've done 75 in this:

BMW E21 323i.. My baby.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MR. Clean
    what size? Ive been on a kfx 450r, and cant get a long enough road for 5th.
    My little KX 100! lol, But that thing rips! Being a 2 stroke, when the powerband kicks in, HOLD ON! lol. Selling Her next spring to probably get a new Kawasaki 250F!

RC Qualifier
    I am telling truths. As for my need for speed, I've done 75 in this:

lol! The fastest I've gone in a car was like 120 KPH, I am about to get my real license but then I cant get any tickets for a year. I've done 160 KPH on my snowmobile and that was plenty fast when your 2 feet from the ground!

RC Champion
    I've driven a 65 mph Pro Cart. When your 2-3 inches from the ground, it gets terribly scary terrribly quick.
    BMW E21 323i.. My baby.

RC Champion
    I've driven a 65 mph Pro Cart. When your 2-3 inches from the ground, it gets terribly scary terrribly quick.
    +1100000 to that.

Our FSAE cars are 1/2 - 1 inch from the ground. And 0-60 in under 3 seconds, and topping at a limited 125mph......its fun
    Mud-Maxx
    NEU 1515 1.5D MM 4s

RC Champion
    I have had a N4TEC 2.5 clocked at 67 MPH by a deputy. Running 30% nitro and the car is at pro specs.
    Pay It Forward.

RC Champion
    Let's see
    Haven't buried the Jeep Needle yet, the gas to do so it too expensive and the open roads are kinda lacking
    Shadow wouldn't run much past 70, even though it was turbo'd from teh factory
    Lebaron would run out of speedo at 85, then the needle would just squirm at the bottom of the guage...

oh wait, you mean RC?

Not sure on the RC's, only had my Mini-T clocked at 28mph (which was speeding on that street, the lights on the radar trailer would blink red above 25mph )
    Had my E4T guestimated at 40mph by a retired cop
    Been told my VXL converted Pede is "retarded" in it's all over performance (I was dogging an equally "retarded" Mamba 5700kV Slash on a li-po at the time )
    The Pro15 N4T would go fast enough to have the tires ballon then spin out and get airborn if I didn't run belted or radial tires on it
    The crawlers are just too slow and the rest haven't seen any kind of timing device what so ever

Traxxas Marshal
    My dad has a Ski-Doo Formula III 600 Triple triple that I can drive if I want to go fast. The second triple means that it has a triple exhaust instead of the much more common single exhaust 600 triple that many people confuse his sled with. It will still beat any of the newer Ski-Doo snowmobiles in a straight line. I was at the local Ski-Doo dealer looking at the new ones and talking to the sales people about them, and they said that my dads sled was one of the fastest production snowmobiles ever made and admitted that the newer ones weren't as fast. They did say that if we were racing on a track where handling and the suspension was involved, the new sleds would win, though. She tops out in the triple digits around 12x mph (GPS'd). Grabbing the throttle and rocketing off is definitely a rush.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Champion
    My rusty has been clocked on my street at 50mph. But the street is terrible for speed runs (curves/cars etc). In a parking lot I should hit 60+ with my current set up.

My electric 4-tec is a different story, although I havn't driven it yet, it is set up to do 80+mph.
    I WILL spank a nitro any day...guaranteed. :)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cooleocool
    My dad has a Ski-Doo Formula III 600 Triple triple that I can drive if I want to go fast. The second triple means that it has a triple exhaust instead of the much more common single exhaust 600 triple that many people confuse his sled with. It will still beat any of the newer Ski-Doo snowmobiles in a straight line. I was at the local Ski-Doo dealer looking at the new ones and talking to the sales people about them, and they said that my dads sled was one of the fastest production snowmobiles ever made and admitted that the newer ones weren't as fast. They did say that if we were racing on a track where handling and the suspension was involved, the new sleds would win, though. She tops out in the triple digits around 12x mph (GPS'd). Grabbing the throttle and rocketing off is definitely a rush.
    YES! Those Formula 600's with the true triples are extremely fast! Not many places you can open her up, other than on long groomed trails or on frozen lakes! Glad to hear that other people like to sled too!