Thread: motor screws

RC Champion

motor screws

hiya,

i got an e-revo roller with the single motor mount installed, but no motor screws. does anyone know where i can buy them from? its for the CC/Neu 1515 1y motor

thanks
    96% Warn... don't tick me off!

RC Champion
    3mm threads x 8-10mm long screws that look like this work:

RC Champion
    cool thanks ill try and find some

RC Champion
    i found these http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHFS0&P=Z but they dont look like the right type.

i also found these http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDGF6&P=Z but according to you they are too long. am i on the right track?

RC Qualifier
    Just go to a hardware store, and don't pay the shipping. That would be silly IMO. Just my .02. However the first one's you linked to are definatly not motor screws. If you want the ones that came with the erevo just look in your parts book and order them from buytraxxas.com
    E-REVO Tekin RX8 2250kv - Revo 1515 1Y MMM 4s/6s

RC Champion
    The screws in the second link are the right type adn thread, but are far too long and would most likely hit the motor coils. Regular button cap screws can work, but there isn't enough metal on the head to properly hold the motor IMO.

Some hardware stores may carry M3 screws, but many don't, or not the right size. It is definitely 3mm threads you want though...

RC Champion
    cool is it these ones i want http://www.buytraxxas.com/product_in...roducts_id=510 ?

thanks for your help

RC Qualifier
    Those should work. If they are to long you could always cut 1 or 2 mm's with a dremel but yea those have 3mm threads, but if BrianG said 8 to 10 long then you should be good
    Last edited by cwallis; 10-02-2008 at 04:24 PM.
    E-REVO Tekin RX8 2250kv - Revo 1515 1Y MMM 4s/6s

RC Champion
    8-10mm is usually the right length, but it depends on the motor and motor mount used. Best way to get an exact figure is to take a long (20mm+) screw and thread it into the motor gently until it hits a coil. Then, back off a couple of turns. Mark the threads. Then, unscrew it and measure the depth past the mark. Add in the motor mount thickness. Do the same for all screw holes just to compensate for slight inconsistencies. Then, use the smallest value. This is the MAX length, but you can get the next size down if it's an odd size.

RC Racer
    Go to Ebay.Do a search on Revo stainless steel screw kit.I got a really nice set for $20 shipped with insurance.Its really nice and comes with every screw on the truck.And u can say bye bye to all the rusty stock screws....Then save all the extra stock screws as backups,,,

RC Champion
    I got one of those kits from eBay once (rcscrews IIRC) and liked the stock screws better. The stainless ones tended to strip the hex quite easily compared to stock, so I've since went back to the regular black ones. And if rust is an issue, a quick dab of WD40 on a Q-tip for each screw works great.

RC Champion
    well, i bought these: http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/ite...no-washer__357

but they are really tiny. can someone point me in the directoin of the right ones?

cheers

RC Qualifier
    You really are hopeless arent you, now hang your head in shame and say D'oh.

Go to ebay, and just look up some M3 cap head or sockethead machine screws- buy some that are about 15mm long, and just saw/file/dremel them down to the correct length. This really is one of the easiest things to do, and since most motors need different length mounting screws due to different internal structure, there will be no standard length you can buy.
    Dont consult me, just read the FAQ.

RC poster
    He doesn't want to do the leg work.. why would he. . everyone here does it for him.

RC Champion
    but i just bought the screws everyone told me to get but they are tiny! i bought the 3x10mm caphead screws which i was told to get, which cost me about 5 and are now useless.
    these ones http://www.buytraxxas.com/product_in...roducts_id=510
    http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/ite...no-washer__357

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle
    You really are hopeless arent you, now hang your head in shame and say D'oh.

Go to ebay, and just look up some M3 cap head or sockethead machine screws- buy some that are about 15mm long, and just saw/file/dremel them down to the correct length. This really is one of the easiest things to do, and since most motors need different length mounting screws due to different internal structure, there will be no standard length you can buy.

You better be careful. Cooleo shows up and heads will roll.

hopefully you havn't racked up too many warning points. Just want to make sure you don't get well....
    E-Maxx 3905 w Novak 6.5/ VXL Rusty/VXL pede/ slash

RC Champion
    i dont think i know what screw you are talking about, because i cant find any different ones to the one i bought.
    so if ud be so kind as to post i link i would be very greatful