RC Qualifier

#2 MMM V2 holding up good so far!

I just put a full 4s pack through my second MMM and everything is running great so far, it is nice to finally be able to enjoy my first electric car. The only mods I did was shrink wrap the fan wire and I put shrink on the female bullets on the battery side. I couldn't get wrap on the motor side they are to close to the heatsinks. Oh, I almost forgot I bent back the heatsinks that were touching the bullets. I hope it will hold up for me until I get my V3 back from Castle and then I am going to send this one off. From the sound of everything the V3's should be here in 3 weeks.

PS> Wish me luck!
    E-REVO Tekin RX8 2250kv - Revo 1515 1Y MMM 4s/6s

RC Champion
    is it safe to say that the MMM will work flawlessly on 4s, but blow up on 6s?
    96% Warn... don't tick me off!

RC Qualifier
    Not true this is my second MMM, my first smoked on 4s in the first 20 minutes, and I am not the only one that has smoked one on 4s
    E-REVO Tekin RX8 2250kv - Revo 1515 1Y MMM 4s/6s

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Congrats!! my V1 is still going, going, going...
    E-Maxx Neu1515 1y/MGM 5s

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by cwallis
    I just put a full 4s pack through my second MMM and everything is running great so far, it is nice to finally be able to enjoy my first electric car. The only mods I did was shrink wrap the fan wire and I put shrink on the female bullets on the battery side. I couldn't get wrap on the motor side they are to close to the heatsinks. Oh, I almost forgot I bent back the heatsinks that were touching the bullets. I hope it will hold up for me until I get my V3 back from Castle and then I am going to send this one off. From the sound of everything the V3's should be here in 3 weeks.

PS> Wish me luck!
    Funny... I was able to put shrink tubing on all the female bullets (battery and motor). I have heard on some MMMv2 the bullets are so close they actually touch the heat sink. I will be so glad when the v3 finally comes out so I can get rid of the external BEC and all that extra wiring.

RC Competitor
    I only opened my MMM box yesterday after having it for over a month (just couldn't decide on selling it) - no motor yet to try it with, but did notice that the middle female bullet connect has solder running down the side if it ,

Doesn't look good......

I need a decent but affordable motor to try it with before the Castle one get's here any recs? - Uk availability on RC is just weak, any good Uk 'friendly' sellers out there? Will be running 4s.

Good to see yours is holding up well - inspires a little faith

you could get a hacker from germany but thats the closest motor maker i can think of ( i live in texas so idk what yal have overthere)
    if you do get a hacker no need for a cc neu (a good hacker c50 will out run a neu)

RC Competitor
    I'll get on to that, see what I can find, thanks. Did come across Medusa's here.

RC Champion
    +1 on the Hacker c50

RC Qualifier
    Lehner also builds some decent stuff and of course Plettenberg, all come from good ol' germany. Very decent but not so affordable. You may also look out on Kontronik, I think they are also very high quality but not as expensive as a Lehner.