RC Champion

A few questions about Summit...

Loving the new ride!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rTSXLMsOc8

Now, some questions:

Official Release date?

Specially tuned long-travel suspension:
    is it just basically using the long-travel rocker set? Or was there a more involved redesign of the standard Revo series suspencion?

TQ-4 27MHz transmitter & 4-channel micro receiver:
    traxxas jumps on the 2.4GHZ bandwagon for the Brushless E-Revo, but skips shipping it with the Summit? Why?

Is Brushless RF noise truly that bad on the 27MHz TQ radio gear?

Aftermarket Radio Gear:
    What are the options for people who have a 3 Channel Aftermarket Radio? The TQ4 comes with not only 4 channels but I guess one of those channels has a 3-point rocker swith (for the Dif locking). How can this be achieved with standard aftermarket radio? Can a standard 4 Channel radio even do what the 4th (3-point rocker switch) channel can do?

Dual-CV Telescoping Axles and A-Arms:
    Are these the same length/size as standard Revo Series parts?

New (Single) Motor:
    Can dual Titan style motors still be used?

Very exciting time for RC Hobbyists! Thank you Traxxas!

Faster Higher Longer Harder
    youtube.com/BisMaxx

RC Qualifier
    if i told you i would have to kill you Port neches,texas now time to die
    i dont see how the lights are turned on =/

RC Champion
    a hidden switch probebly
    Last edited by traxxasfan1; 10-16-2008 at 07:50 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Maybe from the Tx, now that would be cool. Just add another channel and I'll totally be ok with that. I want to turn on my lights remotely.
    I don't have a witty signature.

Official Release date?
    Currently there is no official release date. Assume late '08, early '09.

Specially tuned long-travel suspension: Is it just basically using the long-travel rocker set? Or was there a more involved redesign of the standard Revo series suspencion?
    It uses the 120 degree Long Travel Suspension

TQ-4 27MHz transmitter & 4-channel micro receiver: Traxxas jumps on the 2.4GHZ bandwagon for the Brushless E-Revo, but skips shipping it with the Summit? Why?
    In one word- price. It will add reasonable cost to the vehicle so we chose the top of the line E-Revo Brushless edition to ensure consistent control over the 10 pound 50 mph machine. Expect to see 2.4 offered in other vehicles soon.

Aftermarket Radio Gear:
    What are the options for people who have a 3 Channel Aftermarket Radio? The TQ4 comes with not only 4 channels but I guess one of those channels has a 3-point rocker swith (for the Dif locking). How can this be achieved with standard aftermarket radio? Can a standard 4 Channel radio even do what the 4th (3-point rocker switch) channel can do?
    TQ-4 is unique. I am not aware of any readily available radio systems which could be substituted while maintaining full control of the truck's features.

Yes. They are interchangeable. E-Revo Brushless Edition shares the same new design.

New (Single) Motor:
    That would be a step back in performance, but with modification would be possible.

RC Qualifier
    but how are the lights powred are the on automaticly or what?

RC Champion
    well i was about to post an answer to each of your questions, but it looks like zinno beat me to it and im not going to argue with that because he's one of the big guys himself . so it sounds like you're wanting to convert your E Revo to a summit... am i right? im thinking about doing the same thing. i also have to see a summit in person first before i'm able to do that tho.
    "As you think, so shall you become." -Bruce Lee

You can plug in a connector to turn the lights on, or simply leave it plugged in and they'll turn on/off with the ESC.

The Summit is a large truck. Even larger than the 4908 T-Maxx! With the extended wheelbase suspension arms, it can even be an additional 19mm long!

RC Qualifier
    o ok thanks I was wondering if they hid a few more switches in there and could the tq 2.4 ghz be modifyed to fit the rocker switch and be a 2.4 ghz 4 channel

RC Champion
    would it be the the same size as the e revo beacuse it uses the sme chassy

RC Qualifier
    its 19mm longer than the new maxx whis WAS the largest rc by traxxas but not now Oo

RC Qualifier
    Thanks Zinno,

Also, are the Red and Blue bodies the only colors that will be coming out at first?

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    i would kill for a pink body that would be beast!!!!

RC Champion
    i think the blue body's really nice and is most probably what i'll go with, but a black would be even better IMO
    "As you think, so shall you become." -Bruce Lee

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinno
    Official Release date?
    Currently there is no official release date. Assume late '08, early '09.

Specially tuned long-travel suspension: Is it just basically using the long-travel rocker set? Or was there a more involved redesign of the standard Revo series suspencion?
    It uses the 120 degree Long Travel Suspension

TQ-4 27MHz transmitter & 4-channel micro receiver: Traxxas jumps on the 2.4GHZ bandwagon for the Brushless E-Revo, but skips shipping it with the Summit? Why?
    In one word- price. It will add reasonable cost to the vehicle so we chose the top of the line E-Revo Brushless edition to ensure consistent control over the 10 pound 50 mph machine. Expect to see 2.4 offered in other vehicles soon.

Aftermarket Radio Gear:
    TQ-4 is unique. I am not aware of any readily available radio systems which could be substituted while maintaining full control of the truck's features.

Yes. They are interchangeable. E-Revo Brushless Edition shares the same new design.

New (Single) Motor:
    That would be a step back in performance, but with modification would be possible.

Thanks for addressing my questions!
    Looking forward to the release date announcement! I am on one of these like white on rice!

PS: No I will not be modifying my E-Revo. The bulkhead design on the Summit appears to be different enough that it will create trouble. If I try to retrofit it. I am sure there are other various components that will pose a similar challenge.
    Faster Higher Longer Harder
    youtube.com/BisMaxx