RC Champion

What do you think of the motor?

That Brushless E sure looks good, why wouldn't this just have gone to brushless as well?
    Screamin stable of Lipo'd brushless power!

RC Qualifier
    Because it wouldn't have been waterproof, and would cost more money to produce meaning only wealthier people could afford them.
    By making them this way it can go out in any weather and means it's more affordable

RC Champion
    By that reasoning the E-Revo shouldn't exist then. So now I gotta figure is it easier to convert a Summit to the 2200kv motor or and E-Revo brushless to Summit suspension capability.

RC Qualifier
    I really don't think you want to put a high powered burshless system into a truck that is designed for dual purpose like this, IMHO. It sounds odd, but I would reckon that it is better brushed, as brushed motors are more suited to the crawling scene. Little more torque and the motors burn out quick when crawling.

Besides, would you really want a 40+mph rock racer thing (I don't know what to call it)? At first it you would think "Yeah! Duh!" but think about it. This is designed to be a trail/off road rig. Its going to get wet & muddy, more so than usual, cross small streams, and anything else that happens to get in its way. I think this will be a very dirty truck on average and being able to take a hose to it will be invaluable when it comes to clean up.

It still should hit like 30ish in high gear and be fast enough for cruising around the off road trails. Traxxas hit the money shot with this one, I can't wait to get mine.
    I don't have a witty signature.

RC Champion
    Yeah, still no LVC though, oh well, I am still sold on looks alone. THEN I saw the video and was sold some more.
    Dontworry,thelightathendofthetunnelisatrain!

RC Champion
    I'm really loving the stock motor in there. I like it a lot mainly because it only uses one motor and it's a lot bigger with more torque capacity rather than using the same old twin titan 550's. i have no problem with it being a brushed motor. and i see the motor as being just as versatile as the truck because of its ability to crawl as well as shred through the dirt. I'm plenty happy with the stock motor and don't plan on putting in a brushless system
    "As you think, so shall you become." -Bruce Lee

RC Champion
    I hope it is more reliable than the Titan 550's. I am not concerned about that, seeing as it is such a big motor in the first place.
    Dontworry,thelightathendofthetunnelisatrain!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mukai
    I hope it is more reliable than the Titan 550's. I am not concerned about that, seeing as it is such a big motor in the first place.
    ya, not to mention how long the titans have been around. they were in need of an update IMO
    "As you think, so shall you become." -Bruce Lee

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I like the brushed motor, honestly. It will be much smoother at crawling speeds than a sensorless BL (sensorless technology is getting to be really good, but it's still not too good for crawling) and it's cheap to make. I imagine a lot of people will be happy with the speed and power of the stock motor, the rest will upgrade.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by FireWire79
    I think this will be a very dirty truck on average and being able to take a hose to it will be invaluable when it comes to clean up.
    You have hit upon a very sweet sounding note there.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mukai
    Very true. I wonder what this beast does weigh in at with that monster?

RC Qualifier
    I'm thinking I might pick up a pair of these motors when they become available to stick in my E-Maxx. Should be similar to the 700HO upgrade.
    E-Maxx | E-Revo | Slash | Mini-Revo | Rally