RC poster

Pinion gear/motor pin stuck

Hi guys,

I was running my E-Revo 2.0 the other day and I accidentally gave it full throttle while it was standing still and I then heard one loud click. After that, the car wouldn’t move and when I would try moving it by hand, it would just stay there as if something blocked it from being able to move. So, I checked the pinion gear, and I noticed that it is stuck and it won't turn. So I removed the pinion gear from the pin which goes through the motor and I realised that the pin is stuck and it won't turn.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks for your help.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by WesselR View Post
    Hi guys,

I was running my E-Revo 2.0 the other day and I accidentally gave it full throttle while it was standing still and I then heard one loud click. After that, the car wouldn’t move and when I would try moving it by hand, it would just stay there as if something blocked it from being able to move. So, I checked the pinion gear, and I noticed that it is stuck and it won't turn. So I removed the pinion gear from the pin which goes through the motor and I realised that the pin is stuck and it won't turn.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks for your help.
    I don’t think a full throttle application from a dead stop would have done damage necessarily. I did just have a stock motor seize up on me about a week ago though. Same symptoms as you describe. I could barely turn the motor by hand. I opened up the motor and it was toast. You can open yours up and see if there is any damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep...another bad motor. Contact Traxxas under warranty for a replacement.

RC poster
    Thanks a lot for the replies. I'll order a new motor.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by WesselR View Post
    Thanks a lot for the replies. I'll order a new motor.
    I would suggest opening the motor just to verify that’s the issue before ordering a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk