RC Racer

Truck wanders a bit on high speed runs

I have noticed that my truck seems to wander on high speed runs either down my street or out at construction sites. Truck is stock. I checked the steering trim and the wheels are pointed forward. I am going to try the push rods on the outer holes tomorrow as well. Any other suggestions?

RC Champion
    it wanders beack and forth because the tires will baloon up. every truck i have ever had does this
    2010 www.montecarloss.co.nr

RC Racer
    Yeah, I mean its not a huge problem, I just didn't know what would be a fix. I just moved the push rods out which lowered it quite a bit so maybe that will help.

RC Champion
    You could try a little bit of toe-in. It will help stabilize the truck some.
    Revo Mach 427/Single Speed
    Slash Stock-2S LiPo

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by xtcvapor
    You could try a little bit of toe-in. It will help stabilize the truck some.

Toe in on the front or rear.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If you dont have a wing mount i highly recommend that, it will help keeping the rear on track over 40mph.

World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

RC Racer
    Hmm, I didn't think about that. I think a wing, lowered push rod location, some stiffer springs, and maybe some sway bars might help me out a bit.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Last time i was trying to beat my record, i was spinning out at WOT at 60mph without the wing. And was going straight with it.
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

RC Racer
    Yeah, I might just be worrying about nothing. I am new to this and I guess I kinda figured you can gas it on the straights and just watch. LOL But, you have to drive it and hold it steady.

RC Champion
    Toeing in the front will make it a bit more twitchy, if you toe them out a degree or so it should calm it down some. Keep in mid that this isn't a "road racing car" and will not handle like one.

RC Racer
    I might just have to practice a bit more. Check out the following vid. I had trouble in the straightaway with the jumps quite a bit. It was hard to see which way the car was wandering so I would hit the edge often.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGRbYz_GY-o

RC Champion
    does that track have obstacles along the straight.. looks like tree trucks with tires around it... that could be ugly..
    Is there life without a revo in this world........

RC Racer
    Yes! I thought that was crazy. I mean I couldn't go fast there because those things would have torn my truck up.

Be sure to check your alignment. I was having that problem, but I knew I needed to do a full alignment. After that its straight as can be.

I set mine for 1deg out front 1 deg in rear and 2 deg pos camber. Sticks to the ground pretty whell.

RC Racer
    I might sit down and do an alignment tonight. I had her up and running down the street with the new lowered stance and it runs good.