RC poster

e revo spare parts ......oh yea

okay so i bought a e revo about a month and a half ago i was running a hv max 6.5 geared 14/68 and it was pretty fun but lag top end .....my hv soon caught on fire so i sent it back and got a full refund so now i just took apart my whole erevo and fit it in three boxes for spares and as soon as the new erevo comes out its mine i have about 600 saved up so hopefully its not to much more ....

RC Champion
    wow, intresting intresting

RC Qualifier
    That sounds abit daft to me. Since the BL Erevo and normal Erevo are identical, it would have made more sense to keep the Erevo in one piece, spend about $300-350 on the MMM esc & motor combo and the single motor mount option, then you would have $250+ spare cash to spend on spare parts.

The only parts that tend to break often are the driveshafts, diffs and occasionally the chassis if you mess up a big jump. Those parts are cheap to replace, meaning more money for other stuff like lipos and different tires/shells etc etc. Just my 2 cents...
    Dont consult me, just read the FAQ.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oracle
    That sounds abit daft to me. Since the BL Erevo and normal Erevo are identical, it would have made more sense to keep the Erevo in one piece, spend about $300-350 on the MMM esc & motor combo and the single motor mount option, then you would have $250+ spare cash to spend on spare parts.

The only parts that tend to break often are the driveshafts, diffs and occasionally the chassis if you mess up a big jump. Those parts are cheap to replace, meaning more money for other stuff like lipos and different tires/shells etc etc. Just my 2 cents...
    ^^ he speaks logic!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by vokusmaxxed
    ^^ he speaks logic!
    Nah, I donít know if it really makes sense or not. You have to also buy at least an FM radio, or the 2.4ghz to upgrade to BL, then the MMM combo with the motor, and the connectors and do the soldering for the connectors. I am going to sell mine, and just buy the BL Edition. But that is just me, not a recommendation of any kind on what to do! As I see it, it would cost me more to do the upgrade than to just sell the regular one and start over again.
    Eat my road grit, liver lips! -Clark W. Griswold

RC Qualifier
    A decent 2.4g radio can be had for as little as about $110.
    Soldering required is very minimal- in the case of the MMM combo on its own, you just need to solder on a pair of TRX or Deans plugs, hardly difficult or expensive (the motor wires com pre-installed with bullets).

Beyond that, all you need to do is buy a pinion or two, and thats it, nothing esle required to upgrade the Erevo to BL spec beyond what I originally stated.

Selling an erevo to just buy another one identical, save for the motor mount makes little sense to me- just buy the MMM system and you will have everything you need essentially; no point loosing money on selling one truck only to buy it again with the MMM included...
    Dont consult me, just read the FAQ.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I plan to just get another reciever for my Futaba 3PM, single motor mount and a V3 MMM, then just swap the NEU from my E-Maxx and ...
    E-Maxx Neu1515 1y/MGM 5s