Thread: lowest slash??

RC Champion

lowest slash??

hey guys, been tinkering on a SS slash..."super street". i beleive i have the record for the elowest center chassis clearance for a slash. its around a half an inch, ill get a picture of it tommrow next step is a PL hardcorr body so i can leave the bumper and make the wheelwells smaller.

after i have it running with the stock electronics, i plan to upgrade to VXL and 3s lipo. wanna get this thing to really move. just might take a bit more, as of the extra weight.
    jeremie

RC Champion
    Sounds cool, waiting on pix!
    Dontworry,thelightathendofthetunnelisatrain!

RC Qualifier
    Yes, we NEED pics!
    Nitro Sport Pro. 15
    VXL BlackSlash w/ DX2.0

RC Champion
    ok, sorry for the delay, but i finally got pic

started as my project "frankenslash" but soon changed. its still the same nose and tail of the previous project, now it used a 16g steel chassis (not as heavy as it sounds, near the stock weight of my stampede), soon to have fuel tubing in the shocks(please ignore the zipties), tires will be replaced with 2.2 foams, and ill also make a CF topplate.
    plan is to use a VXL if i can get one, with a 3s lipo PL hardcorr body also.

questions and comments are welcome...
    jeremie

RC Racer
    why?why?....why?
    ready to lose?

I dont know if you notice but that is puttin alot of train on the tie rods.(i think thats what there called.) putting the tie rap on the a arm would be better.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by revo-holic
    why?why?....why?

exactly as said.... hope you don't want to drive that anywhere now...
    E-REVO brushless ROCKS!!

RC Champion
    it was purpose built. straight line speed machine. like i sayed the tieraps will be replaced with fuel line inside the shocks. after i sold my 4-tec i have wanted another on-road, and the slash gave me a perfect platform. sorry for those of you who dont like it. but for me, my e-maxx, revo, pede, rustler, crawler will handle all my offroad needs.

accually thinking of turning the tranny around backwards so there will be more frontal weight, but not shure of how the bumpers would mount if i did that.
    Last edited by GASSHEAD; 11-07-2008 at 01:02 PM.
    jeremie

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GASSHEAD
    it was purpose built. straight line speed machine. like i sayed the tieraps will be replaced with fuel line inside the shocks. after i sold my 4-tec i have wanted another on-road, and the slash gave me a perfect platform. sorry for those of you who dont like it. but for me, my e-maxx, revo, pede, rustler, crawler will handle all my offroad needs.

accually thinking of turning the tranny around backwards so there will be more frontal weight, but not shure of how the bumpers would mount if i did that.
    Wow GASSHEAD, looks like you've got a lot of extra time on your hands for this project? I don't know if this thread will help you out at all, but you may want to take a look at it........ Good luck

<<<<<<Project Street Slash>>>>>>>>>
    NOT A MAMBA, NOT A MAZDA--TEKIN RX8-problem solved

RC Qualifier
    NOT A MAMBA, NOT A MAZDA--TEKIN RX8-problem solved

RC Champion
    sellinchevs seeing the slashes built like that gave me the inital idea, but i never really had a slash chassis so i have been useing a scratch built "slash" chassis.

finding the time isnt the problem, i could have it finished now except for the wallet is holding me back. but thats my basic idea for the body cutouts.
    jeremie

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GASSHEAD
    I'm not sure if you want to shift more weight forward... having the truck that low and having very little suspension does not allow for the weight to transfer to the rear under acceleration. On the plus side you don't have to worry about wheelies, on the down side you do not have enough traction to accelerate hard without spinning the tires.

For my setup I find that the slash handles much better at medium height (stock arms and shocks) then at the lowest settings. But then again since you have a custom chassis you have the ability to distribute weight however you like so maybe you can make it work.
    [QUOTE=Billstmaxx]if the water can't get out how does it get in??[/QUOTE]

RC Qualifier
    Is that a slash???

RC Champion
    well i got it to the driveable stage. running a 15t motor 8 cell and a super rooster esc. made a topplate out of CF to stiffen it up. still got some more odds and ends to finish but she is almost done. in the "battery box" it will fit 2 venom 3 cells and still have room to spare. so i think il be able to reach my goal with a MMM and a high KV xl motor
    jeremie

RC Champion
    ive never relly understood or looked into how fuel tubing lowers or watever it does to the shocks??
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!