RC Champion

before i run in water?????

is their any thing that i need to do before i run in water?????

thanks
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Racer
    No their is not as long as you are running stock. Now if you had upgraded the motor I would be careful. Also I am not how much water you are planning on running in or how deep but be careful with the battery. I do not think the battery and water will mix too well.

RC Racer
    Not really. all you should do is spray all the steel parts to prevent rust. And the battery will be fine in water but if you feel uncomfortable just wrap it in electical tape.
    New T Slash:)

RC Qualifier
    Put your RX inside a ballon and then in the "waterproof" holder. That will protect your RX 100%

RC Qualifier
    Do not submerge the truck. Running through shallow puddles and some mud is okay as long as you clean and dry the truck afterwards.

RC Racer
    the rx is already 100% waterproof, hense the waterPROOF reciever box. and you can run ur slash completly underwater. i have done it many times and i have never had a problem. If you dnt believe me go on youtube.

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    check the seal around the rx box, make sure the o-ring is on properly

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroFinatic93
    the rx is already 100% waterproof, hense the waterPROOF reciever box. and you can run ur slash completly underwater. i have done it many times and i have never had a problem. If you dnt believe me go on youtube.
    Ive never see a waterproof RX (reciver) and the reciver box is not 100% water proof. I got my slash dirty and sprayed it off with a spray bottle. After i dryed it all off i had i look to make sure the reciver wasnt wet at all, guess at what i found, a small amount of water. A balloon and some zip ties will save your RX if any water dose happen to get in. Good Luck.

RC Racer
    i stated a waterproof reciever box, the reciever itself is not waterproof. And water got in because it was not seal properly, but do it anyways.

RC Champion
    it would be a better/safer idea not to submerge it in water while driving
    "As you think, so shall you become." -Bruce Lee

Traxxas Marshal
    I'd recommend reading the manual... starting on page 17 under the title "Running in wet conditions."
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Racer
    what can u do about the tires after running in water. i have run in water and the slash does float but i got the foams water logged .

Traxxas Marshal
    Before you run:
    The wheels have small holes molded in to allow air to enter and exit the tire
    during normal running. Water will enter these holes and get trapped inside the
    tires if holes are not cut in the tires. Cut two small holes (3mm or 1/8” diameter)
    in each tire. Each hole should be near the tire centerline, 180 degrees apart.
    After you run:
    Drain the tires by spinning the tires at high speed to “sling” the water out. One way
    to do this is to make several high-speed passes on a flat, dry surface, if possible.
    All from page 18 of the manual.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle