Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Racer

why are our girlfriend/wives haters(or husband whatever)

such hater....there is a point to this let me vent first.....jelous that i can spend 6 hours wrenching on cars and painting bodies...and get annoyed with her within min. haha not really but come on who else gets yelled at for spending too much time on these....well last night she came home from work and i was spraying bodies outside,and bringing them in to blow dry and air dry....and she just had to start "omg whats that smell"as if she hasnt smelled the paint a hundred times before,so she whines about it and opens all the windows...what a tweak shes just hating on my hobby cause i spend most of my time on it...so point is...
    do not let your bodies dry outside when its cold,i went to peel out the flames i had masked and it just pulled the other paint with it.....it might be salvageable but now i have to go solid black...time to bust out the mad decals.........

I find it's best to do something nice for your wife/girlfriend that they like to do, and split the time you have accordingly. Let them know how happy it makes you when you get to work/run your RC's and that it is stress relief. I don't mean going out maybe once a month either. If you want the significant other to be involved with you you better be able to return that gesture. They usually won't like things very much if you don't...

Sometimes things come up and you have got to look at your priorities. Lately I have been missing the RC hobby a lot due to family health circumstances. So the models will wait and when things get back under control out will come the tools again. My family knows they come first, but the first chance I get to fire up my RC's I'll be on it like white on rice.
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Champion
    That is a good tip! I am going to paint my 1st body after things calm down with my family and it will probably be cool (if not cold...at least for Florida). Dont want my intricate paint job to be ruined so I will have to take that into consideration.

As far as the significant other getting jealous...I think you said it best when you mentioned that you can spend 6 hours wrenching and not a minute with her. Like Nitronaught said, its all about priorities. Maybe you can involve her into your hobby. But what person who loved you (and thus, would like to spend time with you) wouldnt be a little bit peeved when you have the house smelling like paint and you are outside getting more joy from a toy than her? Not justifying her jealousy/hater-vision...but its flattering if you look at it from the perspective that she would want to spend time with you!

When your wife makes homemade fudge for the people at your LHS, man you know you got it good.

I didn't get there by ignoring her.... lolll
    All Lives Matter

RC Racer
    paint a bodyshell in her honor, a nice pretty pink and her name on it. Then se won't be mad. lol
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunnyisback
    paint a bodyshell in her honor, a nice pretty pink and her name on it. Then se won't be mad. lol
    Imagine being at the track and someone saying, "Oh, what a cute ___________ (insert model here.)! It's pink with a bunch of hearts and roses on it.

The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G
    Imagine being at the track and someone saying, "Oh, what a cute ___________ (insert model here.)! It's pink with a bunch of hearts and roses on it.

If it's in 1st place in th A-main it would be even more cool....
    All Lives Matter

Click here. http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=412797
    Sorry you felt you had to vent. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones
    With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught
    If it's in 1st place in th A-main it would be even more cool....
    I actually though o doing that, just to say "you got beaten by a Pink Revo"
    I would punch babies for a brand new Blue Revo

RC Qualifier
    My wife use to complain a little then I let here drive one and she was hooked......a couple of weeks later i bought her one and now she is addicted to it as much as I am.
    you can't out run the General Lee!!!!

RC Qualifier
    How bout this, i noticed some girls ( in my school) started paying attention to me, ( thats a first ) got in the hobby, down the drain. (but its not that bad, id rather have the hobby)

RC Racer
    Its almost impossible to get a girlfriend that likes RC's. Mine calls them stupid toys. But i spend time with her all the time(then again, i'm only 14 and i see her at school). If any guys r single out there, take my advice and stay single!
    New T Slash:)

RC Competitor
    I can't find a girl that likes anything I like. I wanna drive R/C cars, I get the "it's a toy" response too. I wanna go skiing and she'll complain it's cold. Duh. We're skiing. I wanna go flying, they are afraid of heights. I wanna mountain bike, they wanna ride the paved bike trail. They just don't understand what fun is.
    My radness can not be quantified.

RC Champion
    my wife got me a revo for x mas one year and she did not mind it

then i built her a revo

now she loves to drive it and she likes me to do all the fixing on it for her

RC Racer
    yeah a bunch of girls says that rc is just stupid little toys.kinda stinks in a way

RC Enthusiast
    All women have snakes in there heads. Some have GREAT BIG ONES, and some have small ones. and the snakes make theme crazy thats why most dont understand the love of rc. BUT i bet if thay make an RC Purse that will carry bags thay will start to understand.
    IF IT AINT BROKE, HIT IT WITH A BIGGER HAMMER

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Like Rob(Nitronaught) stated, you have to set your priorities. I never had a problem with my wife. She is very supportive. To me family comes first. My wife doesn't mind how much I spend on these trucks since giving up on smoking and drinking 10 years ago. In fact, she was surprised to find me home today because I told her yesterday that I will be going on a train ride to Akihabara(Japan's biggest electronics/rc shop district). I told her I don't feel like riding in a train for an hour so we're going to just spend Veteran's Days in a Japanese mall and have sushi/yakiniku(grilled meat) for lunch.
    Brushless Emaxx
    Brushless Kyosho ST RR
    Supermaxx

RC Qualifier
    well mine hates them lol I guess thats what happens when they stand there stupified when you yell heads up and then they get smacked in the leg by a T-maxx running WOT
    Last edited by nitronut42677; 11-10-2008 at 09:36 PM.
    Billy
    T-Maxx 3.3 Jato 3.3

RC Competitor
    How'd they not hear a T-Maxx coming?
    My radness can not be quantified.

RC Qualifier
    couldn't tell you man I wish I knew lol but the bruise on her leg told the story
    Billy
    T-Maxx 3.3 Jato 3.3

RC Champion
    lets just hope she doesnt try to seek revenge on you or worse you
    t-maxx
    Racehorse duct taped to a scud missile fast.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Ok, your wife may not like your trucks, but why do they need hundreds of pairs of shoes??? lol

I am lucky. My wife to be is in the hobby almost as much as I am. I just built her a truck the way she wanted it. Ok, so there is a whole lotta purple on it, but I don't mind so long as she is out there bashing with me.
    My truck sees more air than yours!!!

RC Champion
    I'm single so it's not a problem.....for now

Quote Originally Posted by RCOVERBOARD
    Ok, your wife may not like your trucks, but why do they need hundreds of pairs of shoes??? lol.
    OK I have to go change my pants now, that was funny.....

I don't know either, but they do!!! I'm afraid to start counting the shoes.... there's a lot though....

I only have 4 pairs, 2 dress, 1 work, 1 pair of sneakers. I don't get it?
    All Lives Matter

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by FujativeOCR
    I can't find a girl that likes anything I like. I wanna drive R/C cars, I get the "it's a toy" response too. I wanna go skiing and she'll complain it's cold. Duh. We're skiing. I wanna go flying, they are afraid of heights. I wanna mountain bike, they wanna ride the paved bike trail. They just don't understand what fun is.
    i hear ya

i wanna see metallica..she wants to see the jonas brothers...
    i wanna drag race..she wants to see a chick flick.....
    ductape and wd-40..the saviors of out hobby

RC Champion
    Women wan't everything yet nothing at all. They expect you to know what their thinking all the time. Most seem happier when you aren't. Theres the shoe thing, the handbag thing. Just keep in mind when dealing with women the rules of logic and rationale will be dropped whenever convenient to them. Basically US MEN WILL NEVER WIN!
    Last edited by slowenuff; 11-12-2008 at 01:31 AM.

RC Qualifier
    +1 on what Nitronaught said. I wanted to spend more time on my Rc addiction, so i got my gf into cool camera's and novice film making /editing (After all, i needed someone to film me and my trucks so i could watch it later:P) Now, Rc time is a together thing for us, and all it costed me was a nice new digital camera for her. Thats well worth hours of nagging that could have been instead! Couples that play together, stay together! (its not just for lovers lane commercials)
    Mr nitro? Not since going brushless!

RC Qualifier
    i just had an idea. Next time your out at your lhs, ask her what body she likes, and let her paint it any way she wants. (consider it your basher body or something:P) Just an idea, cuz we have all had the nagging woman syndrome before. (My ex:s) It sucks. i know. Lol, the only thing that changed tho was gf's!
    Mr nitro? Not since going brushless!

RC Champion
    In short: women are women, guys are guys
    "As you think, so shall you become." -Bruce Lee

RC Qualifier
    haha...that's what I did...

Plethora of brushless stupidity.

RC Racer
    haha PhotoPunk, it looks awesome
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

RC Racer
    hahha since i posted that i spent some time with her...paid off a couple bills...and its all butta now..haha you guys are mad funny.
    i got the day off tomorrow,and she works 12 hours,so i will get my fix...and i really have 12 hours of stuff to do..well give or take,anyway by time she gets home i will be set with wrenching and painting for the day(and i will have it aired out by time she gets home haha)....im gonna make a corned beef and cabage dinner tomorrow and she dont know....so i got it covered,im good...and yes i bought her a tc3 and she messed with it once...so i think she tried to get into with the best intentions,but may have not enjoyed it much,oj well i tried.
    and yea my son is 8 and lives 3000 miles away,so support is always paid,hes getting some kinda duratraxx nitro for christmas...cheap/cheap replacement parts too....and i just bought him a psp...two wii games,and the new hellboy movie for his birthday on the 28 so he is stoked and im covered.
    i just n eed it to pick up at the tat shop....i have a certain 2 1/16 vehicles in january......haha peace guys....everyone go tell their girls they love em....and hit the wrenches.

RC Champion
    When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....so, I took her to a gas station.....And then the fight started....

I tried to talk my wife into buying a case of Milller Light for $14.95. Instead, she bought a jar of cold cream for $7.95. I told her the beer would make her look better at night than the cold cream. And that's when the fight started....

I took my wife to a restaurant. The waiter, for some reason, took my order first. 'I'll have the strip steak, medium rare, please.'
    He said, 'Aren't you worried about the mad cow?'
    'Nah, she can order for herself.'

And that's how the fight started.....

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by slowenuff
    When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....so, I took her to a gas station.....And then the fight started....

I tried to talk my wife into buying a case of Milller Light for $14.95. Instead, she bought a jar of cold cream for $7.95. I told her the beer would make her look better at night than the cold cream. And that's when the fight started....

I took my wife to a restaurant. The waiter, for some reason, took my order first. 'I'll have the strip steak, medium rare, please.'

ur a wild boy!!
    my shorty talks slick every so often. but shes made some solid rc purchases for me in the past and she's come out to the track a few times. its funny...she went to a b-day party and met a random chic that said she hoped it rained so she didnt have to go to the track......a few weeks later we saw the chic @ the track and she was the announcer/organizer/club president's girl
    Keep spendin $$ and ur still in the way!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by slowenuff

r u serious.....that wouldnt meant a few UFC rounds for me

RC Champion
    One year, a husband decided to buy his mother-in-law a cemetery plot as a Christmas gift.

The next year, he didn't buy her a gift.

When she asked him why, he replied, "Well, you still haven't used the gift I bought you last year!"
    ........and that's when the fight started

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    ^^^^ur a real "stand up" kinda guy

RC Champion
    Lost & Found on the intersection of Walk & Don't Walk

I actually like the color pink, so it wont work with me, cuase mine are pink or black.......
    NOBAMA '08 Welcome to the Greatest Dprsn.

RC Racer
    slowenuff you sound like a pretty funny guy. nice jokes
    my trucks: t maxx, e maxx, and stampede :)

RC Champion
    All I know about women and R/C is that I still have me N4TEC (from 2002) and the girl from that time is long gone.

My wife has warmed up to it since R/C started making some money, via eBay. She can strip down a T-Maxx in under an hour.
    Pay It Forward.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast