Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Racer
    hey guys, i'm starting to get back into RC and i had a few newb questions and this seemed like the place to ask...

i've been considering getting an e-revo for a while because it seemed to me like it would be the most fun so here are my questions

1) is there a waterproof brushless set up i could get in the future?
    2) if not, i was thinking about the kershaw designs dual 900 motors, but would the dual 700 be faster?
    3) also if i get the kershaw designs motors are they waterproof as well?

this thread was a great read... i learned a lot about the e-revo from a "having fun" perspective and that helped a lot. i am very much looking forward to getting mine.

also on an unrelated topic... why can't i use my Gmail account with the traxxas signup? i never check my aol account because it's flooded with spam and that's the only one the register thingy would accept... does anyone know how to resolve this?

thanks again for the great thread

RC Qualifier
    For the email account send an email to the online community support explaining your situation. They approve it on a case by case basis. Not all email addresses are approved.
    If it didn't break you can do it again.

RC Racer
    alright i will

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PogopunkXIII
    hey guys, i'm starting to get back into RC and i had a few newb questions and this seemed like the place to ask...

i've been considering getting an e-revo for a while because it seemed to me like it would be the most fun so here are my questions

1) is there a waterproof brushless set up i could get in the future?
    2) if not, i was thinking about the kershaw designs dual 900 motors, but would the dual 700 be faster?
    3) also if i get the kershaw designs motors are they waterproof as well?

this thread was a great read... i learned a lot about the e-revo from a "having fun" perspective and that helped a lot. i am very much looking forward to getting mine.

also on an unrelated topic... why can't i use my Gmail account with the traxxas signup? i never check my aol account because it's flooded with spam and that's the only one the register thingy would accept... does anyone know how to resolve this?

thanks again for the great thread
    1. The Traxxas Velineon is waterproof, but most say you will need 2 of those to power an E-Revo as those motors were designed for the 1/10 scale trucks and buggies.

3. Yes, they are waterproof. Water can get in them and not hurt them, all you would have to worry about is corrosion/rust.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC poster
    man, it almost sounds like you work for traxxas and are promoting their product. It sucks that you but a brand new $750 RC and have to change out the pinion and tighten the slipper clutch before even running the car. It would seem that traxxas has enough sense to do those things for you so that you can have fun right out the box for one of their top-of-the-line products.

Quote Originally Posted by ashkoninsd View Post
    man, it almost sounds like you work for traxxas and are promoting their product. It sucks that you but a brand new $750 RC and have to change out the pinion and tighten the slipper clutch before even running the car. It would seem that traxxas has enough sense to do those things for you so that you can have fun right out the box for one of their top-of-the-line products.
    And man you just revived a very old thread.....los have changed since 2009 to today.
    Live life to the fullest

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ashkoninsd View Post

What the...seriously? Grab the Delorean, set the clock seven years back, and hit 88mph...just to drop some smart remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
    And man you just revived a very old thread.....los have changed since 2009 to today.

Fact.
    Slash, Street Rally, 4x4 /Slash, Summit LT, Aton.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12