Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    There would be a small amoint of resitance in the additional joints and connections that couls cause a small varience- I would say check the plugs are clean and all joints are solid etc. That said, 0.08v is tiny- my packs come off the charger with 0.1v-0.2v varience between cells sometimes, and I charge one pack at a time, so I wouldnt fret about it too much.

Brian will do anything for money....
    Dont consult me, just read the FAQ.

RC Champion
    @Rnemhrd: That makes perfect sense. If pack 1 has 4.0v and 4.0v, they are balanced. If pack 2 has 3.9v and 3.9v, that is balanced as well. But, when you hook them in series, you have 4.0v, 4.0v, 3.9v, and 3.9v, which is not balanced as a whole. If you hook the series-connected packs to a balancer, it will slowly drain the excess voltage on the cells in the high pack until it matches the cells in the other pack.

@dr.bjm: I am very reluctanct to do this for liability reasons. If I make you something, but something goes wrong and you get a fire/damaged lipos, then I'm directly liable. In providing the diagrams, I leave the responsibility to the user. It can be argued that the diagrams make me "somewhat" liable, but not as much so.

@Oracle: No, I will not do "anything" for money.
    Last edited by BrianG; 11-14-2008 at 03:45 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks guys!!!!
    Ever hear this? That toy truck cost how much?!?!

RC Qualifier
    when making one of these balance adapters, does it matter the order of the last two negative wires (5 and 6)? and how does this all work out, because the hot wire isnt connected to the second pack at all... im confused...
    E-MAXX F/S
    N RUSTLER F/S
    NTC3 F/S

RC Qualifier
    When assembling the connectors, just follow the diagram in post #18 and you will be fine. That's I did with mine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12