RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.

waht do i ne4ed to do to waterproof my mamba max?

okay i really wanna run my slash in the water again. i am running a mamba max 5700 and dont wanna switch to anything else. so what needs to be done to run the esc without needing to worry about water?
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Champion
    Sandy, Utah you can find me at the construction bash site a lot
    Some have had luck using plasti dip... Make sure you get the thick kind. Possibly a tupperware? Just an idea.
    Agree with slowenufs sig wheres the new 4 tec?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i would prefer minimal work. mostly cause it would mean fewer things could go wrong.

Traxxas Marshal
    Didn't people last winter just cover the USB port up with some tape?
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    not sure. think i should try that?

Traxxas Marshal
    That's what I recall seeing people do with their Mamba Max ESC's. I'd run a search in the Stampede and the Rustler/Bandit forums for waterproofing the Mamba and see what comes up. You should be able to find a few posts on the subject.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    how bout i jsut take the easy way out and call castle?

Traxxas Marshal
    I suppose that would work as well.

RC Racer
    The mamba max esc is absolutly waterproof. the only thing you have to do is cover the usb port with electrical tape. As for the motor, they are pretty much waterproof. So everything should be fine. You can also call CC and ask them.
    New T Slash:)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i talked to castle and they told me that it would be best not to try to run it in rain and snow.

RC Racer
    WHAT?!?!?! no way! i called them a while ago(like 2 months?) about my mamba max 4600 asking if it was waterproof and they guy told me that the esc is waterproof IF u cover the usb port(which i already knew) and that the motor was already waterproof because the coat it with "something". I asked him why they don't sell them as waterproof or water resistant and he told me it was for legal reasons, ya bogus. lol

RC Qualifier
    Lets face it, electronics and H2O do not tend to play nice together and can even be dangerous. If you use some common sense (does that exist anymore) you should be able to use your mamba max in the snow and wet environments with minimal risk of damage.

The circuit boards are pretty well insulated against moisture with the exception of the usb port as others have mentioned. If you seal the usb port you should not have any problems unless you completely submerge the esc in water. If your going to expose the esc to lots of water or snow it's a good idea to cover it to prevent excessive moisture reaching the pc boards. A simple yet effective solution is cover the esc with a balloon. After your done be sure to let the esc dry completely before using it again. The heat it generates during use will evaporate small amounts of water fairly quickly but when it's cool moisture can settle on the components and cause problems.
    [QUOTE=Billstmaxx]if the water can't get out how does it get in??[/QUOTE]

RC Racer
    or just plasti-dip it as a permanent waterproofing method. After i called CC i still plasti-dipped my esc beacuse i wasn't going to risk it.

RC Champion
    what about waterproofing a vxl
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Racer
    i replied to ur message, check ur inbox