RC Champion

vxl vs mamba maxx

vxl vs mamba maxx what is better?????? and what has better run time??????

thanks
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Racer
    I think this will be a personal preference because they are both great systems I believe. I have the VXL and love it and popped one of my shock caps off.

RC Racer
    Are you comparing the motor also? Because IMO the mamba max esc is the better one and the vxl motor is better. I use the mamba max esc and the vxl motor on 3s and its great. I do not like the castle motors much at all.

RC Qualifier
    what about the novak havoc brushless system , i saw it in RC Driver , anyone got that ?
    ERBE - 8ight T/E - Kyosho Inferno

RC Champion
    what about the mamba maxx run time????? is it the same as the vxl
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410

RC Qualifier
    runtime is going to depend on the amount of energy being used by the motor. There are a whole lot of variables that will effect this but in general I think the runtimes are going to be reasonably close. The mamba max does have programming options that allow you to maximize your potential runtime that the VXL does not have but I don't consider them to be substantial enough to be a major factor.

Motors: I've used both and it's a toss up IMO

The VXL motor has more torque and HP but spins slower then any of the mamba motors.

Mamba motor opposite of above but are able to make up for lower power by spinning faster and using lower gearing.

Controllers: Mamba wins hands down unless you use your truck as a submarine. Programming features, higher cell count, handles more power, and runs more types of motors (excluding sensored) then the VXL.
    [QUOTE=Billstmaxx]if the water can't get out how does it get in??[/QUOTE]

RC Champion
    i think i will go with the vxl
    Race-bred SSC 4x4
    Durango DEX410