Thread: elite batteries

RC Racer

elite batteries

anyone try the elite 4500 batteries? if so, how do they compare to other packs? any good? Thanks guys.

RC Champion
    Will those fit? I thought they were too long?

I have run the Elite 35c 5000mAH packs and as of right now they are the best lipo's I have EVER owned including PowerQuest, FlightPower Evo25's NeuEnergy, SMC 28c, and many other top brands.

RC Racer

Nimh

Sorry, I was talking about the 7-cell elite 4500's NIMH. Just checking if they are worth the money, I couldnt find anything else.

RC Competitor
    I would go with PM Racing for the batteries. Promatchracing.com has matched 4600mah for less money, they also have good service. I've been buying from them for years and they have some of the best NiMH packs. Make sure you buy a good discharge tray, makes a wold of difference in pack performance, I'd suggest Tekin Battery Doctor 8.0. I got one on E-bay for $27, much better than resistor type.

I run a pair of 7 cell 4600's from PM racing in my almost stock E-Revo, i have a KD 700 HO, 20T pinion, hit about 31~33mph top speed and it reaches top speed almost instantly. I still get about 20 min. or so of run time with hard driving(hill climbing, lots of full throttle take offs, braking, grass, snow etc.).

http://www.promatchracing.com/products.php?cat=4
    For 40$ you can get basically exactly the same thing or for $52 you can get the matched packs which will last longer and perform better. Either way you get 100mah more, the same or better performance for less money. Can't go wrong!

RC Racer

Thanks

Thanks, very helpful!

RC Qualifier
    I have 2 7 cells from Pro-Match and a friend has 1 7 cell 4500 mah Elite pack. There's no comparison in VXL trucks. Pro-Match's batteries have almost twice the run time and more speed.
    Stampede
    Started life as XL-1 then XL-5 now a VXL