RC Competitor

E-Revo body, I want a better looking one!

Hey all, I've been out of the hobby for a while, I'm just getting back into it. Now I'm just into bashing at the moment and recently bought a used E-revo for $375 shipped (it was only run 2 times on pavement, so there was not a mark or spec of dust on it). Had the disappointment of frying not one, but 3 sets of motors, the titans that came with it, a pair of older model E-maxx titans and KD 650's. Dan was kind enough to replace my pair of 650's for free with a 700 HO, which has a bit more torque and top speed and so far is bulletproof. Want BL but don't have the money at the moment. Anyway, I really hate the stock body, I think very much lacks definition. By that I mean it all seems to blend togather into a long rectangular "blob". I like distinction between different parts of the body between the hood, cab and bed. I know the E-revo is much longer than a Revo, but how do the Revo 3.3 bodies such as Proline Desert Rat 3.3 or Proto Form HD 3.3 look? I don't mind if the nitro engine cutout is there, its not a big deal. I would appreciate pics. I'm really liking the Desert rat but can't seem to find any large detailed picks, all the ones I have found are low res and I can't really get a good look at it. If anyone else has suggestions for bodies other than what I have mentioned feel free to post. I mostly like aggressive stadium trucks bodies that look evil or the conventional pickup bodies that look tough.
    As for hight I'm looking for a body that I can set up a little off the chassis to get a monster truck look while keeping the actual ride height low(aka I want monster truck that looks monster but actually sits low and handles like a god). Any help is appreciated.
    One last question, has anyone tried running 16 cells on an EVX-2? I was wondering if it could handle a little more current and voltage. My ESC runs pretty cool as is right now even after a full run. I know the older EVX's were rated for 12 cells but could often handle 14. I do have pretty good quality NiMH's, i know they are no LIpos, but I had an old Tekin BC112c and only $100 for batteries, so not much choice there.

The nitro engine cut-outs are not pre-cut from Pro-line. Everything is DIY including drilling for body posts.

The evx-2 is capable of 16.8 volts, or two 7 cell packs.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

RC Qualifier
    Check the e-revo gallery and this thread.
    http://monster.traxxas.com/showthread.php?t=444818

RC Champion
    Here is a ProtoForm Hard Drive for a Revo 3.3:

Great looking body in my opinion! It fits perfectly too.
    Eat my road grit, liver lips! -Clark W. Griswold

RC Qualifier
    It is too hard to tell the great looks of that body being a SAN DIEGO native. GO CHARGERS.... The paint job hurts the eyes.

RC Qualifier
    I like the Majestic Twister body...

Here is a pic of the Desert Rat...

One of the Hard Drive....
    momomotorsports - Slash - PE Slash 4x4

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I know this is an old thread, but Momo, your color/paint schemes are some of the sickest I have ever seen...absolutely gorgeous! I am going to paint my Revo HardDrive in a similar way, except I will be replacing the yellow with white.
    Project: BL Revo Race Quad & BL G-Maxx G3R CF Revo

RC poster

RC Qualifier
    shinsuke - what body is that?

RC Champion
    That the stock erevo body, but with a sweet paint job!!!!
    1717/XL2 EREVO

RC Enthusiast
    Momo were u get ure Majestic Twister body? I've searched everywhere

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by usa98030
    Momo were u get ure Majestic Twister body? I've searched everywhere
    I had bought that one a while back. If you are interested, I have 4 or 5 left (unpainted) shoot me a pm if you are interested.
    momomotorsports - Slash - PE Slash 4x4