RC Qualifier

waterproof finally!

well my rusty is all ready for the snow! got my waterproof xl-5 esc....i used a plastic bag and hot glue and now the reciever is waterproof...and glue and a bag on the servo and that is watereproof now...only one problem..now i just need some snow....i want my pool to freeze over to slide on the ice lol that should be fun...i think i am going to do some mudding behind my house in a stream lol...
    ductape and wd-40..the saviors of out hobby

RC Champion
    hey thats great I am getting my vxl ready for some snow too but no mudding in water just snow and a little mudd now i am just waiting to see if my dad comes back with my platic dip or whatever he finds that'll work and if he does it'll be ready l8r 2day
    My car learned how to fly then forgot the landing

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Man, that is sweet, post pics when you do go out in the snow. What are you going to do about the VXL motor watrfrndlyrusty?
    An injured friend is the bitterest of foes

RC Champion
    Sandy, Utah you can find me at the construction bash site a lot
    Make sure it is not just the surface of the pool that is frozen LOL make sure there is at least 1 feet of pure solid ice under neath the surface before it hits water because other wise your rusty will be sinkinto the bottom and might get water damage depeding on how good you really did water proof it. The battery would be toast though. I wrap my 3s 5k lipo around in saran and tape it up to sel it and put the balance connector in the sack. Have you seeen the vid when the guys slash is floating in the pool upside down and it works perfectly fine? it makes me wonder exactly how water proof their water proof electronics are. Any way sounds fun slidin acroass the pool just get some good speed before LOL.
    Agree with slowenufs sig wheres the new 4 tec?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yah, I have seen that vid, thats pretty funny.
    An injured friend is the bitterest of foes

RC Qualifier
    I would also get some dielectric grease and put it on your battery connections too. You can get dielectric grease at any automotive store. It will keep those connectors safe, you could also use it on the receiver...
    Turned to the dark side....

RC Racer
    Cool I just ballooned my receiver and am now helping my brother add snow guards to his slash.