Thread: Motor change

RC Qualifier

Motor change

Ok, ive seen alot of ppl changing their titans for kershaw 700 HO....
    I have a noob question...... Can you put a brushless motor like a feigao 8xl or a neu and keep the stock esc?? wouldnt that be a better setup than the kershaw?
    Kyosho Fw05T+...Nitro Rusty 2.5...Revo 3.3

RC Qualifier
    you can not use the stock esc. You have to get one that is made for brushless motors.

RC Qualifier
    oh, ok.... i was wondering y ppl dont do that.....

Im asking because im between buying a vxl rustler and some lipos, or a e revo... but the e revo i know i will have to change motor soon... i think im going w the kershaw

RC Qualifier
    Question

are those any good on a erevo with the stock titans or a kershaw?
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/20517

what you guys recomend

If im buying the erevo i will get the revo the 2 free packs from traxxas i already have two 3300mah 7.2v packs and want to buy 2 8.4v packs...
    are those from trinity good?

RC Racer
    the advantage of having the e revo over the rustler is the 4x4 and ground clearance plus stock its waterproof and the rustler ins't
    now the rustler would be fun but yo're not going to see anything huge with nimh batteries, lipos is when you will see it meet the hype. just my .02
    1/8 E-Revo MMM/Neu Castle
    1/16 Revo VXL

RC Qualifier
    Yeah i was leaning to the revo because i had a nitro rustler then i got a revo 3.3 ... so im thinking not to do the same with electric i will go straight w the revo.....

Yeah i was goinig to get minh because since im getting free ones from traxxas... but i might get lipos instead the trinity ones when i have money for a lipo charger too

RC Champion
    Nope, stay away from those trinity batteries. The racers get the good cells and the others that weren't good enough they sell to us. (Or so it seems) For Nimh, stick with SPC. For good Lipos on a budget, well stick with SPC again or try a *****.
    "I told you a million times not to exaggerate!"