RC Qualifier

anyone ever do the ERP

Has anyone gotton a new motor through traxxas ERP im about to order my new 2.5R through traxxas but I was wondering iff I should do it this way or am I better off going through Ebay.I dont want used.New only!

RC Qualifier
    go to your lhs.they can do it there as long as they sell traxxas there.i did mine at mine at my lhs no problems.

RC Qualifier
    our hobby shops in Madison,Wisconsin don't do the ERP! How stupid is that

RC Qualifier
    have you tried the traxxas dealer on home page?maybe that can get you to a dealer that does.I think traxxas should make any lhs that sells their products to honor their ERP!thats all part of traxxas's stand on customer service!!! If all else fails call or e-mail traxxas and see what they say.i would stay away from e-bay you never know what you are going to get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most LHS that do the ERP charge more than through Traxxas.
    If you go the Ebay route, some do not include the carb, OWB and pull start. If you can find a complete one on the bay the choice is yours.
    For $90.00, your old engine and $5.00 to ship it to them a NIB 2.5R with carb, OWB and pull start through the ERP is hard to beat.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Qualifier
    Just exploring my options its $90 pluss old motor but then you pay for shipping to them pluss insurance comes out to about $100

RC Competitor
    I think the ERP for 2.5r is $85 + $5. I'm in the Milwaukee area and any store that sells traxxas stuff will do the ERP onsite around here. Hard to believe a hobby shop won't ERP, they don't risk or lose anything in the deal.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by qmbcole
    I think the ERP for 2.5r is $85 + $5. I'm in the Milwaukee area and any store that sells traxxas stuff will do the ERP onsite around here. Hard to believe a hobby shop won't ERP, they don't risk or lose anything in the deal.
    I just picked one up from a hobby shop in Delafield.over on Hwy 83 and 94 nice place if you get in there Hobby Town USA its righ off the freeway

RC Racer
    I did the ERP for a 3.3 from a 2.5. It took a couple weeks but my LHS is slow.
    My Nitro Rustler is faster than yours.

RC Qualifier
    How much would just a TRX 2.5 cost trough. It’s practically the same as the 2.5R. So is about ninety is what to expect?
    -----The iceage is over, embrace the voltage.-----

RC Competitor
    You can only ERP upgrade to 2.5R, it is $85 + 5 for shipping

RC Champion
    Lost & Found on the intersection of Walk & Don't Walk
    Quote Originally Posted by wiscnitro
    Has anyone gotton a new motor through traxxas ERP im about to order my new 2.5R through traxxas but I was wondering iff I should do it this way or am I better off going through Ebay.I dont want used.New only!
    I would first try a lhs, or stick with traxxas.

You can only ERP upgrade to 2.5R, it is $85 + 5 for shipping
    How you figure? My lhs said it can be a pro .15, 2.5 and 3.3
    NOBAMA '08 Welcome to the Greatest Dprsn.

RC Competitor
    Might be wrong but the ERP link here and my LHS say you can trade in any Traxxas engine you want but you can only get the 2.5R and 3.3 in return for the respective prices

RC Champion
    Lost & Found on the intersection of Walk & Don't Walk
    Might be wrong but the ERP link here and my LHS say you can trade in any Traxxas engine you want but you can only get the 2.5R and 3.3 in return for the respective prices
    Are you talking about trading in any motor or just a 2.5? I did it with a .15, and they said (being 2 diff. lhs) I can doit on any, and gave me prices.
    NOBAMA '08 Welcome to the Greatest Dprsn.