RC Qualifier

Resonator Stinger Question

What should I drill my stinger on my sc resonator out to? Ive heard a few sizes but just wanted to make sure. Also if i could get a metric size bc all of the bits i know where are are metric. I could go digging around for my english ones but dont really feel like it.

Also, I have a 2.5R on now geared 22/70 with the sc resonator. Should i throw in a 3.3 or should i stick with the 2.5R? Also, should i leave my gearing where it is or lower/raise it?

Thanks.
    E-Pede/N-Sport 2.5R/Jato
    N-Rusty/N-Sport/MERV

I drilled mine out with a 1/4" bit, also heard people using 13/64".

About the 2.5R or 3.3.... What are you looking for? Speed? Torque? Both are very good engines. My old 2.5 is about the easiest engine to tune I've ever had. And once again gearing depends on what kind of performance you are looking for.
    Last edited by grandtheft; 12-07-2008 at 03:31 PM.

RC Qualifier
    i think its best to drill to 1/4". Some people drill it by hand but most just use a power drill. Just be careful not to drill through the pipe lol. Grandtheft: I really like ur rustler and want to borrow some of ur ideas. I'm planning on running a 3.3 in my rustler. It will be a total road car when i'm finished but what I was wondering was this. I read about how u created ur on cb for the rustler. Do u have any info/links to any gear combos out there that would be good for top-speed? (sorry for asking questions about something non-related to ur thread scoutdog)
    Losi 1/18 LM, Jato3.3,Revo 2.5r, Micro-t, Losi 8.

RC Champion
    The 2.5R is a great motor. Keep it and run with the pipe. At least untill that motor goes. They are very reliable, and I as well believe its about the easiest motor to tune.
    Rustler, Alias, Stampede, and Aton+

RC Racer
    Can I drill the stock plastic pipe?
    My Nitro Rustler is faster than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex570
    Can I drill the stock plastic pipe?
    I'm sure you can, but doubt you would notice any improved performance. No offense to anybody that uses the stock pipe... but alot better quality exhausts out there on the market

Quote Originally Posted by happybill7
    Grandtheft: I really like ur rustler and want to borrow some of ur ideas. I'm planning on running a 3.3 in my rustler. It will be a total road car when i'm finished but what I was wondering was this. I read about how u created ur on cb for the rustler. Do u have any info/links to any gear combos out there that would be good for top-speed? (sorry for asking questions about something non-related to ur thread scoutdog)
    Thanks.. Well the biggest CB you can buy for the rustler is 24t. A 66t sg is the smallest you can run with it. People do run smaller sg with a 24t cb, but you would have to add spacers or something on the engine mounts to get a good mesh. 24-66 is plenty fast. I do run my 27t cb with a 62t sg (mostly run 64t) but its not an everyday thing. If i'm somewhat limited on space I'll run either a 22 or 24t cb. 22-68 or 24-66 is your best bet. You won't be disappointed using that combo with a 3.3

RC Qualifier
    Do u have any links to where I could get the sg and cb?
    Last edited by happybill7; 12-07-2008 at 09:26 PM.
    Losi 1/18 LM, Jato3.3,Revo 2.5r, Micro-t, Losi 8.