Thread: PC Games,

PC Games,

Well,
    I've managed to put together a decent system for littl $.
    Antac Case w/seperate air intake for the CPU (tube comes directicly from outside of case presses right up to the cpu fan.
    I'm running an Intel Quad Core 2.6 ghz processor.
    Asus P5N-E-SLI Mbrd
    Antec True Power 750 Watt CPU
    Qty 2 1 gig DDR sticks at 800 mhz
    Geforce 8600 GTE PCIEX video card.
    WD 7200 RPM EIDE PATA drives
    Primary 80 Gig WINXP system on it and files storage only.
    Secondary 120 Gig For all programs
    Secondary controller has my Dual Layer DVD Burner.

Given my setup I would to know what Flight and Driving games would wourk decent on my PC.

I haven't bothere'd overclocking and have set the swap file to be the recommended size XP receommended.... Mbrd Temps are 98 F. and the cpu is running at 86 degrees F. Even after playing Test Drive 5.

I don't want any demos, just real decent software that will take advantage of my new goodies....
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

RC Qualifier
    Are you running the Q6600 Processor? If so then I envy you. That is the only thing that makes me (AMD) jealous of Pentium users. The AMD Phenom has a lot of bugs to work out before I have the same faith in it as I do in the Q6600.
    [_,[UGA],
    l---L OlllllllO-
    (0)_) (0)_)---)_)

RC Qualifier
    well, Windows Flight Simulator X, GRID, NFS Undercover, Cod waw, Crysis (all low settings).

Quote Originally Posted by Swatsn1per
    Are you running the Q6600 Processor? If so then I envy you. That is the only thing that makes me (AMD) jealous of Pentium users. The AMD Phenom has a lot of bugs to work out before I have the same faith in it as I do in the Q6600.
    Yup, Q6600 Extremely sweet, and IF I wanted I can use Dual Video adapters, but I'm not sure that's something I really will get an advantage of cause I'm not a gamer but I like to get some Racing Games a bit more up to date....

Also controllers, what are some good ones I can use?

I'm not looking for a shoot em up type games, just Racing Mainly.

I already have Test Drive 5
    NHRA Drag Racing
    Polaris Snow Cross
    All Lives Matter

RC Champion
    The only input I can share is regarding controllers. My favorite is the Logitech Wingman. Two analog sticks, 6 buttons, two triggers, etc. Plenty of buttons and it's extremely comfortable. You might end up having to dig on the web for one (or just ebay) but it's worth the effort.

RC Champion
    Might I reccomend DiRT? Good game.
    BMW E21 323i.. My baby.

DiRT is an awesome game. Even though it took down the best computer we have. I was haulin butt and then the comp shut down lol.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Champion
    I think GRID is pretty fun. It looks great on my 9800GTX+.
    "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail" Ben Franklin

RC Champion
    I would recomend Dirt, grid, or any of the Need for speed games
    2010 www.montecarloss.co.nr

RC Racer

RC Qualifier
    I bought Flight Simulator X a few weeks ago and it's pretty cool. It won't run on a mediocre PC though, you should be ok.

RC Qualifier
    crysis, race driver grid, far cry 2 call of duty 4 and world at war bioshock gta4 rainbow six vegas 2 etc..i can go on and on...

if you get one of those games..tell us.i'll play u lol

your system should be able to handle all those games(crysis may have to be on lower setttings though)
    ductape and wd-40..the saviors of out hobby

RC Racer
    I play flight sim. 2004.
    Specs
    AMD 5000+ Dual Core OC to 3.0ghz
    2gb G-skill DDR-2 800 RAM
    Geforce 8400gs graphics
    Windows XP
    My Nitro Rustler is faster than yours.

What's your monitor's native res? If it's 1680x1050 or under, DiRT should be fine on an 8600GT, but Crysis will be pretty much unplayable regardless on a G84 GPU chipset. Most other games should be just fine as long as AA is turned down.

The Microsoft Flight Sim series is great, but IL2 Sturmovik series is by far the best flight game out there at the moment.
    Six in a row makes it go.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BobR
    What's your monitor's native res? If it's 1680x1050 or under, DiRT should be fine on an 8600GT, but Crysis will be pretty much unplayable regardless on a G84 GPU chipset. Most other games should be just fine as long as AA is turned down.

The Microsoft Flight Sim series is great, but IL2 Sturmovik series is by far the best flight game out there at the moment.
    i disagree..before i upgraded my gpu to an 8800gts 512 which plays crysis well on high to ultra setting..i had an 7600gt and that played crysis fine on medium...res 1440*900
    ductape and wd-40..the saviors of out hobby

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by heavymetal1110
    i disagree..before i upgraded my gpu to an 8800gts 512 which plays crysis well on high to ultra setting..i had an 7600gt and that played crysis fine on medium...res 1440*900
    It's ok to disagree, but what are the specs for the rest of your system?

RC Champion
    OK, so I've played Crysis competitively for about a year now. For the first 8 months I played on a 7900GS with a E4300 @ 2.6ghz. In single player, I could get away with Medium settings. In the multiplayer, I ran an ultra low config to get maximum frames which was at most 40ish and I averaged around 28-30 depending on what map. Crysis Wars on the other hand is much more optimized and you could play on low for sure. This is 1440x900 resolution, so you could lower it depending on what monitor you have. Luckily I won a 9800GTX+ in an online tournament and I'm playing with that now with 70 frames outside 115 inside! I love it.
    "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail" Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BobR

1680 x 1050 Viewsonic Flat panel 19 "

I don't think that Crysis is a driving game isn't it a bit more violant. I'm looking more for onroad, offroad, Monster truck, drag racing type stuff anyways....

If I want to watch people shoot each other up I can just watch the news....
    All Lives Matter

RC Champion
    Test Drive Unlimited is a great driving sim, would recommend that. Also Dirt like others have said.