Thread: Vxl/mamba?

RC Qualifier

Vxl/mamba?

Anyone ever run a vxl esc with a mamba 5700 on 3 cells? I looked all over the info pages and specs on the vxl esc and it says nothing about a brushless motor limit. It says no motor limit . I know it has no motor limit brushed but I think if there was one for brushless it'd say so. It carrys 250 amps so that should handle it. I'm going to install the esc fan though to help. Now my slasher will have the vxl esc and a mamba 5700 on 3 cells and the pede gets the sidewinder and the vxl 3500 motor with 3 cells hehehe
    Was a newbie a long time ago

RC Champion
    Sounds like fun! The VXL ESC does not have a motor limit, so you could even run a 7700 if you were crazy enough.
    Dontworry,thelightathendofthetunnelisatrain!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mukai
    Sounds like fun! The VXL ESC does not have a motor limit, so you could even run a 7700 if you were crazy enough.
    Cool so my plan will work lol. good thing because the new sidewinder package is in the mail. Got a crazy deal on it on ebay. buy it now for 119.00 + 10 shipping!

Now I'll buy a mamba 9000 for the onroad hehehe and run that on 3 cells

RC Qualifier

I thought that the VXL esc could handle any turn brushed motor but only down to a 10 turn brushless?
    [_,[UGA],
    l---L OlllllllO-
    (0)_) (0)_)---)_)

RC Qualifier
    no, any brushless, and 10T Max Brushed..

However... cannot run 3s lipo on 7700 or 9000

5700 max on 3s if memory serves correct. without over stressing it
    Slash - Agent ORANGE - The Aluminum Dream Machine

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Swatsn1per
    I thought that the VXL esc could handle any turn brushed motor but only down to a 10 turn brushless?
    I hope not lol. but I read the 5700 is equivlent to a really good 10 turn brushed motor

RC Qualifier
    FWIW: I ran a 7700 off a VXL-3s for a while in a 1/10 TC and the controller ended up dying after about 3 months of use. It is entirely possible that this was purely coincidence or maybe it just did not like the high kv of the motor. I really can't say.

I personally like running a MM controller with the vxl motor better then the vxl controller with a castle motor.

If you go that route let us know how it works out for you.
    [QUOTE=Billstmaxx]if the water can't get out how does it get in??[/QUOTE]

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by CHECKMATEofLV
    no, any brushless, and 10T Max Brushed..

However... cannot run 3s lipo on 7700 or 9000

5700 max on 3s if memory serves correct. without over stressing it
    You can but it's really only good for drag racing. Otherwise they over heat really fast and tend not to live very long.
    [QUOTE=Billstmaxx]if the water can't get out how does it get in??[/QUOTE]

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Just go Play
    FWIW: I ran a 7700 off a VXL-3s for a while in a 1/10 TC and the controller ended up dying after about 3 months of use. It is entirely possible that this was purely coincidence or maybe it just did not like the high kv of the motor. I really can't say.

I personally like running a MM controller with the vxl motor better then the vxl controller with a castle motor.

If you go that route let us know how it works out for you.
    Thats just the way it worked out lol. I wanted a mamba maxx esc but I couldn't find a good deal like the sidewinder. so, to run my 3 cell lipo' ( I don't have any 2c) The sidewinder will handle the vxl motor on 3c but not the 5700. The vxl esc will handle the 5700 on 3c so I kinda planned this out waaaayyy too much lol. I can't wait to put the brushless in the pede though lol The slash is insane with the current vxl setup on 3c.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Just go Play
    You can but it's really only good for drag racing. Otherwise they over heat really fast and tend not to live very long.
    it actually says on castle's website to run the 6400, 7700, and 9000 on 2c. 3c will make the rpm's exceed the motors limits.