RC Qualifier

Tire Glue... Questions

Ok so I'm having some trouble with tire glue. One use and it dries out on me. I seal it up as tight as possibly and still a week later it's all dried out. Someone told me to keep it in the freezer in a ziplock bag, a few days later I got it out and thawed it out and it was all dried up. I got some prolines already mounted to the rims and they started coming loose off the rims so I want to glue my own tires. However I keep having glue issues. So here are my questions:

What brand/kind of glue do you guys buy for gluing tires?

How do you store your tire glue so it doesn't keep drying out?
    I sink, therefore I swim.

RC Racer
    Wraith7n i just use super glue. Probably not the super best thing to use but it has held up ok for me when im regluing the tires back down the rims. Note i buy the rims and tires combo when i need a new set. so im just using it for spots not the whole tire.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyKicker
    Wraith7n i just use super glue. Probably not the super best thing to use but it has held up ok for me when im regluing the tires back down the rims. Note i buy the rims and tires combo when i need a new set. so im just using it for spots not the whole tire.
    Isn't super glue brittle ones it drys though? I thought that was why it couldn't be used. It certainly would be easier to store.

RC Racer
    ya it is like i said though i just use it for patch work. not sure how it would work with the whole set up using it. sorry bud.

RC poster
    i use super glue on mine and it is holding up fine.

RC Enthusiast
    can you still boil the tires off the rims if you use super glue?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    suppose so, they advised me that on Revo forum also...
    If you don't like Nitro, you don't like anything!

RC poster
    ya i was able to when i used super glue only downside is it can harm the finish on your wheels when you boil them

RC Racer
    Use medium or thin CA glue.
    My Nitro Rustler is faster than yours.

RC Racer
    I use team losi tire glue.It will hold as long as you prep the tire and rim properly.

RC Enthusiast
    I drive my Rusty and I drive it hard. As long as the rim holds the tire, I'm not overly concerned with it's finish. I do have a nice set of rims and tires for special occassions. lol

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by molinajr
    I use team losi tire glue.It will hold as long as you prep the tire and rim properly.
    This is what I got this time around. At least the bottle has a little metal pin and some kind of tube for the glue this time around. Maybe this one will last longer. Although I have 5 tires I'm going to glue all at once when I open the bottle.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by txrustler08
    ya i was able to when i used super glue only downside is it can harm the finish on your wheels when you boil them
    I may have misread this but the boiling is what will mess up the chrome, the superglue doesn't. I boiled a set of my rear tires and the chrome pretty much goes away. I just spraypainted them a silver using auto paint. I am more for function than looks anyhow.