Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    He was banned?! what for ???

Quote Originally Posted by 8ight-e
    umm ahh 1fast is banned sadly, you know he was nearly as cool as stumblinh was; he went right after neil, for sticking up for him. Anyway in 1fast's absence have you seen all of my video's? some may be failure to you..

http://www.youtube.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/stumblinh
    http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w12/stumblinh/
    Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    He bought a losi buggy and that was the last straw

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by HoovHartid
    He bought a losi buggy and that was the last straw

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ight-e
    umm ahh 1fast is banned sadly, you know he was nearly as cool as stumblinh was; he went right after neil, for sticking up for him. Anyway in 1fast's absence have you seen all of my video's? some may be failure to you..

http://www.youtube.com/profile.php?do=editpassword/stumblinh
    http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w12/stumblinh/
    Sorry for my several questions , am I asking too much if I ask to give me/us a very very short opinion on your lipos ? I see that you have several manufacturers, types, models and else. I think few forumers here may release a neutral but real feedback on them, price included, based on real experience.

IMO, based on what I learnt here, I see that Zippies are the best ones and their price is around 1/3 of other ones, but something is wrong in my theory otherwise there would be no reason to keep selling Maxamps for example, but they do, so there must be something I miss.

Not a review, just 2 words if you have time

thanks

RC Champion
    Ok, so it looks like 8ight- E/stumblinhas the lead as of now.
    HB Ve8 w/ tekin (AWESOME)
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Champion
    Come on guys! that trophy is stiil up for grabs! We've got to keep this thread going!!!
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If it can motivate the e-revo guys, its a Nitro revo that is still ahead! lol

Just to make sure to keep the thread alive..

My friend is waiting for his Neu motor, ill help him with his setup to see if we can get something(probably just in spring though..)
    World fastest E-revo 91.2mph / Revo 75mph
    ABmods

RC Qualifier
    What's the record so far? 62 MPH by 8ight-e?

I'm stilling waiting for parts for my 3rd Revo in attempts to break that record.

RC Champion
    I don't know how I can possibly still have the lead.. that video was from early spring 08 LOL and I wasn't even going for "top honors" I just was checking how fast my race setup would hit on 6s lipo. Had I tuned (geared) for high speed runs it would have easily been 70+ w/o a doubt, even geared as it was if I didn't have a dead zone w/ my radio on my street I could use more of the street and maintain the speed long enough to register it on the GPS. I'm afraid that is the downside of a GPS the peak speed is not often captured unless you can hold it for a second or two which requires some distance.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DockBrown88MPH
    I always dreamed of strapping model rocket engines to the rear a arms of my E-Revo... and remote ignition from my controller...

Not sure if that would count though.
    i have tried on my t maxx 3.3 it just burnt the body, motor , and almost blew up due to the nitro
    lifes tough, get a helmet

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yes its still 8ight-e at 62mph
    ABmods

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Over_revO
    Yes its still 8ight-e at 62mph

by the way, did you say the fastest is a nitro Revo? How fast was the nitro Revo? We are talking about a Revo running nitro right, or are we talking about a nitro Revo converted to electric?

I have intentions of breaking this record, probably by 2-3 mph faster.

My 3rd Revo build will run on 8s. I'll get back to ya guys when I finish the build. All parts expected to arrive this week.
    Last edited by DockBrown88MPH; 01-04-2009 at 07:50 PM.

RC Champion
    with 8s, you should try and break 70
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yes its a nitro revo, running a Picco .28....my revo.
    I talked about it to bring some interest for the e-revo guy, seem to work!

I hope you guys will get some very good top speed

Heres my 66 mph run:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaYVF5I2oIE

ABmods

if homerjar ever has his e-revo completely fixed. he runs 8s on a mgm 8s 120amp esc with a hacker c50 9xl. he could break 70mph respectively.
    docks 3rd revo is going to be a beast!. and if he drops a hacker or a lmt in there it could break 90 to 100mph on 12s

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by brushlessman
    if homerjar ever has his e-revo completely fixed. he runs 8s on a mgm 8s 120amp esc with a hacker c50 9xl. he could break 70mph respectively.
    docks 3rd revo is going to be a beast!. and if he drops a hacker or a lmt in there it could break 90 to 100mph on 12s
    If I do break the Nitro and Electric Revo record, I would have Brushlessman to thank for it. Weren't for him, I would have just stuck with my two E-Revos. Weren't for him... I might have $900 in my pocket right now >_>

thanks a lot Brushlessman

It would be REALLY cool... if I broke 88 MPH. Hahaha. Flux capacitor, plutonium... if you guys know where I'm going with this. or WHEN... I'm going with this.

RC Qualifier
    aw thats funny
    revo 3.3,tmaxx 3.3,sport 2.5r,vendetta,evader BL

RC Champion
    Dock, I have a feeling that you are going to win this. If nobody else is trying, I may have to extend the end date for the competition. Kinda like traxxas pushed back the release date for the ERBLE!
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Qualifier

Well, good news, my Tekno conversion kit came in today, tomorrow I'm expecting two 4s LiPo packs, a dessert rat body, two sets of aluminum red push rods, an ESC capable of 12S, and pshhh... I forget. I'm still waiting on 3 more packages.

The very best package of all is sadly coming last... the brand new Revo 3.3 roller I bought >_< It's the only package I haven't received a tracking number for

don't get your hopes up Brushless moose. 62 MPH is impressive.

and bad news... I don't have a GPS or Radar gun to measure speed. I smashed my last GPS when i took my MMM 2200 combo E-Revos out for a spin. They were DESTROYED! Man talk about raw power...

maybe I'll buy a Radar gun instead. If I strap a GPS on to any of my E-Revos, they won't last very long.

Estimated completion of my 3rd E-Revo. 01/11/09 My first E-Revo was a basher, my 2nd was build to race on asphalt. This 3rd one... will be built for speed runs. No racing, no bashing... It's main purpose is to do speed runs.

I won't be doing any high-speed runs until late January. Why? Because I don't have any phaltline tires. If I use any of the tires I have now, they won't stay on longer than one a quarter mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless Moose
    Dock, I have a feeling that you are going to win this. If nobody else is trying, I may have to extend the end date for the competition. Kinda like traxxas pushed back the release date for the ERBLE!

RC Champion
    well, if 8s isn't enough, go to 10. That oughta make that thing move!, as long as you can keep it on the ground...
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Racer

62.8 Mph!!!

I finally got my E-Revo up to 62.8 mph.

http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.p...29mazi&thumb=4

I used 25/54 gearing. According to the speed calculator, it should go around 64 mph. I used HPI Phatline tires and *****-H 3s 5000 lipo's in series. CC/MMM 2200 Combo. I also removed the rear wing, this allowed me to go full throttle without the E-Revo flipping over.

After hitting 62.8 mph, I made (3) more runs, every run was exactly 62.8 mph. So with my setup, 62.8 mph is the highest speed I could achieve. Maybe the GPS mounted on my hood affected the top speed, but who knows? Maybe I need a more aerodynamic body.

Good job Speed
    _
    _
    _ 3 lines are all that's allowed in a sig.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by speed808
    I finally got my E-Revo up to 62.8 mph.

After hitting 62.8 mph, I made (3) more runs, every run was exactly 62.8 mph. So with my setup, 62.8 mph is the highest speed I could achieve. Maybe the GPS mounted on my hood affected the top speed, but who knows? Maybe I need a more aerodynamic body.
    If you moved the GPS to the rear or ideally under the body somehow you should definitely get over 63.0

RC Qualifier
    62.8 by Speed808 its A NEW RECORD! Congrats man! I'm actually happy you pulled that off with a MMM 2200 combo. Temps must have gone through the roof.

Yeah I'm going to break all the records when the mmm 10s hv comes out

RC Qualifier
    MMM 10S?! O_o are you serious?! when is that coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by brushlessman
    Yeah I'm going to break all the records when the mmm 10s hv comes out

Patrick at cc says 3 months to realese

RC Champion
    Has anyone tried using mod1 spurs from the 3.3 Revo. Seems like the smallest one from Integy which is 34T and a mod1 25T pinion would be ballistic. Also using HPI Phatlines. If the gear mesh can be adjusted, I don't know, I still don't have my ERevo.

Did I get this right?
    Last edited by mistercrash; 01-07-2009 at 11:51 AM.
    send $10 at paypal.me/Ray1964

I am . I run mgt spurs. 52/19

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Over_revO
    Yes its a nitro revo, running a Picco .28....my revo.
    I talked about it to bring some interest for the e-revo guy, seem to work!

I hope you guys will get some very good top speed

Heres my 66 mph run:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaYVF5I2oIE

You have given me inspiration. Thanks
    I am never cold.......

RC Racer
    [QUOTE=DockBrown88MPH]62.8 by Speed808 its A NEW RECORD! Congrats man! I'm actually happy you pulled that off with a MMM 2200 combo. Temps must have gone through the roof.

Actually, I didn't have my temp gun but I was able to touch the motor and esc for 4 seconds with my finger (if you can't touch for 2 seconds or more, than it is too hot), so the temps were really good. I did the runs at night and the temperature was in the low 70's.

RC Enthusiast
    Great work guys! I have a MMM 2200kv sitting around that I've been trying to decide between putting in an revo e-conversion that I got on a trade or a caster fusion pro buggy that was specifically built for brushless. This thread just tipped the scales for me!!

RC Champion
    speed808 is officially leader.
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Qualifier
    We are 3 1/2 weeks away from the end of this challenge

I wish my Revo roller was here already, and I wish it WOULD STOP RAINING!!!

!@#$%&*

I probably won't attempt to break the record until 1-2 weeks before the end of the month. I haven't put an order for phaltlines yet.

RC Racer
    I tried another run tonight with the stock Talon tires because according to the speed calculator, these tires should give a higher top speed.

As expected the Talons ballooned a lot more than the HPI Phatlines and it made the E-Revo harder to keep in a straight line. But the ballooning effect should give a higher top speed.

I didn't get a top speed reading from my GPS because every time I got up to speed, the aerodynamic drag would rip the GPS unit off the hood. This has never happened before. When I made the 62.8 mph run, the GPS was attached to the hood the same way, with Gorilla Duct Tape. But this time, the tape didn't hold. I used more tape but to no avail, the GPS unit kept getting thrown off at speed.

The E-Revo looked like it was going faster, but because the GPS kept flying off the hood (and upon impact, the unit shuts down), I can't verify the top speed.

So now, I just mounted the GPS unit securely to the top of the wheelie bar. It feels much more secure now. I'll make another run later and let you guys know what the result is.

RC Champion
    And what GPS are you using? If it is flying off of the E-revo at 60mph and surviving, I might buy it!

Also, since the weather has been so bad, I may extend the challenge 1 month. Kinda like traxxas did the ERBLE date.
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Qualifier
    I had a Garmin ETrex. and the navigation button was smashed after I landed upsidesdown.

I say get a radar gun and mount it on a tripod. You will be your E-Revos speed without any decrease in performance due to weight, or lack of aerodynamics due to the GPS.

And what GPS are you using? If it is flying off of the E-revo at 60mph and surviving, I might buy it!

Also, since the weather has been so bad, I may extend the challenge 1 month. Kinda like traxxas did the ERBLE date.

RC Racer

I'm using an older version of this.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=144&pID=8705

This GPS unit is very rugged. It's all scratched and beat up but it still works. And it's one of the cheapest Garmin GPS units you can buy.

speed808 is officially leader.
    It looks to me that Over-revo still has the lead with his nitro @ 66mph . I thought brushless were supposed to be faster???? Just think what he could of done with a good quality more powerful engine like a eb modded novarossi 528xrp.

RC Qualifier
    I will admit, 66 MPH is going to be really hard to beat, but I gladly accept that challenge.

Im driven bonkers over here waiting for my Revo roller >_<

Its not impossible. Though I do question of a factory stock E-Revo roller could break that speed. I believe a conversion would be more capable of breaking 70 MPH. Higher battery capacity. If anything can beat a Nitro Revo... it's going to be a conversion. Stock E-Revos seem to be limited by the battery trays, thought I believe Brushlessman countered that dilema by cutting the roofs of his battery trays.

Quote Originally Posted by rivemaxx
    It looks to me that Over-revo still has the lead with his nitro @ 66mph . I thought brushless were supposed to be faster???? Just think what he could of done with a good quality more powerful engine like a eb modded novarossi 528xrp.

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast