RC poster

e-revo b/l pulls to right under acceleration

I have a 6.5 Novak motor, esc and lipos to power it. Under heavy acceleration and sometimes just running at moderate speed, the truck will veer to the right and into a curb, into a tree or whatever happens to be just to the right of the truck. Local hobby shop says to add a BEC to the steering servos. Does this sound right? What else would cause this and how would I correct it?

Thanks,
    SD

RC Qualifier
    The hv system does have a bec. Maybe he meant an 5 cell pack to run the receiver and servos? I would try to study the problem. It could be as simple as tire ballooning. Maybe one tire is getting just a hair bigger than the one on the other side, which would make the car pull to the side with the smaller tire dia. I would do some testing before I let the lhs talk me into spending more money. It's gotta be something simple.

i had that happen to my twin V e-maxx, and it turned out to be torque steering.

I dialed in some toe-in for both the front and rear, and it went away.
    One mans garbage is another mans ungarbage" -Ricky

RC poster
    thanks for the advice. I was pretty sure the esc already had a bec. I'll try the toe in and look for tire warping. I'll be back if that isn't it. : )

Thanks.

RC Racer
    I think the emaxx was way more suseptable to torque steer, i run a MMM Combo and dont get any at all on 6s. i think its down to your toe adjustments, maybe adjust the steering trim to counteract it. Have you buy any chance removed the servo horns at all? as the servos may not be inline

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think the HS is correct. an onboard bec may not be as powerful as an external one. If your servos are losing power on accelleration then they may turn when the power is lost. I run a BEC with my MMM, even tho it has one. I find that my servos are WAY more responsive with the UBEC, then running on the MMM bec.

RC Qualifier
    This is not a servo or electrical problem. All you need to do is correctly set your wheel alignment paying extra attention to the rear wheels.

If you find it difficult to get the rear toe set properly you might want to try a set of rpm true track arms as the toe is not adjustable.
    [QUOTE=Billstmaxx]if the water can't get out how does it get in??[/QUOTE]