Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 65mph slah

RC Enthusiast

65mph slah

does anyone have one.
    and how did you achieve it??

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    nope, not now.......... oh sorry poor choice of words (yet)

RC Champion
    Would seem to be pretty easy. A VXL system on 3s geared high should do it.

yup, I have the VXL, but with high end nimh and I will go lipo in the future......probably, going 65 with that battery and the right gearing, you should do it easily.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonrevo33
    yup, I have the VXL, but with high end nimh and I will go lipo in the future......probably, going 65 with that battery and the right gearing, you should do it easily.
    There is no shortage of VXL slash's on this forum, so it can't be all that easy or we'd have seen several 65mph slash's by now.

RC Champion
    Hmm, did you read that off of Maxamps' website?

Tsk tsk...... Leave it to Maxamps to misguide people like that.
    "I told you a million times not to exaggerate!"

RC Champion
    I don't have a confirmed "65 mph" reading, but let's just say that the MM/5700 motor on 4s geared 58/12 (using Jato 32p gears) is right about there, if not higher. Stupid fast and difficult to control. Wasn't fun.

It is easy, just not practical unless speed runs is all you're doing.

RC Champion
    A 5700 on 4s is going to run at nearly 85,000 rpm. Well above it's rated limit. So even if you do get 65mph on that setup, you're doing it at the expense of burning your motor up.

RC Champion
    Lol, I know. The 5700 is a throwaway motor IMO. I was just using it until my Medusa 36-50-2200 came in.

RC Champion
    the Slash body is so large, that it would trap so much air under it that after 40mph, you would have a hard time keeping it on the ground
    Been there, done that.

RC Qualifier
    I've run a vxl motor and hv6.5 (3500/3100kv) on 4cells with 54/21 gearing (vxl motor really did not like that) and neither setup is as fast as my vxl rustler on 3cells. Thats not to say it was not fast but I would guess it was around 10+ mph slower.

I have not clocked mine so I can't say for certain... maybe it does get up to 65 but I don't think so. I am certain it is not going to happen on 3cells with a vxl system though.

Brian how hot does your 5700 get setup as you described?
    [QUOTE=Billstmaxx]if the water can't get out how does it get in??[/QUOTE]

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Just go Play
    Brian how hot does your 5700 get setup as you described?
    Too hot to touch. I'm sure the motor got demagged somewhat. It's ok, still makes a good fridge magnet.

RC Enthusiast
    i guess`what i am asking is what is traxxas setup thatthey advertise 65mph on a slash.
    VXL And What?/ battery set up

RC Champion
    I'm sure it's using the VXL and 3s lipo. No way the stock setup can get to 65mph unless it is geared REALLY tall and you have about a mile headstart downhill with a tailwind.

Or maybe that speed is while it is in your trunk on the way to the track.

RC Champion
    The only way to get 65mph on a stock setup is to drop it from 10+ story building.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by 2IS
    The only way to get 65mph on a stock setup is to drop it from 10+ story building.
    yupppers!!!!lol!
    ☻/ |
    /▌ |
    / \ |

RC Qualifier
    "Last edited by cooleocool : 12-23-2008 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Airing their dirty laundry." ......................Huh? My underwear are clean baby.
    The Slash is a fairly light truck with a humungous body that acts like a parachute. What happens after about 40mph is it catches wind and thinks its a plane. If you get a chance, watch LarryDino's VXL powered Slash hit a speed bump at about 40-45 mph and fly into my car. If you take the body off, you can hit 65 easily on a VXL system and 3s LiPo. Just don't flip over.
    Warn: (52%)

RC Champion
    VXL motor and a 3S 5000 has pushed mine to about 45MPH with the body off. It will go alot faster if I changed the gearing but i didn't feel like messing with it. With the body on it will only run about 40 before it wants to flip over. It's fun to watch as i can get it to sit back on the rear tires with the fronts just barely touching the ground. Next spring i'm going to play around with the gearing and suspension. I'd like to go 50mph with the body on. I too saw that ad for the slash listed as 65mph. It's either a mis-print or Traxxas has something special in the works. It would take a lot to get the truck to 65.

It says on the back of the mags, bottom of the back cover, bottom of the page advertised. 3s lipo is used w/ the VXL.

RC Qualifier
    i've done up a slash that is very fast likely 70+ mph

vxl brushless and Orion 11.1Volt 3s

check out my video in the school gym . You have to remember this is a small area and the classic polished slippery gym floor and it still wheelies
    a straight run would be insane. In the parking lot before this video i could wheelie it like a boad going over the water bobbing up and down....

watch it right to the end i do a full throttle wheelie and crash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3txHvh2SLQ
    E-REVO brushless ROCKS!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by CrackedHead
    The Slash is a fairly light truck with a humungous body that acts like a parachute. What happens after about 40mph is it catches wind and thinks its a plane. If you get a chance, watch LarryDino's VXL powered Slash hit a speed bump at about 40-45 mph and fly into my car. If you take the body off, you can hit 65 easily on a VXL system and 3s LiPo. Just don't flip over.

here's the video CrackedHead is talking about..Slash VXL on 3s lipo...i didnt gps it, but im guessing the speed was around 40-43 mph..

Been there, done that.

Did you see how long it was in the air?! Jeez!

RC Champion
    all i broke was an axle carrier and a stub axle..
    Been there, done that.

RC Champion
    that car did not "fly" into anything at all. It caught a couple inches of air from hitting a speed bump and tumbled into your car. Way to overexagurate the situation. The body "catching wind" had nothing to do with this crash and it did not resemble a plane in any way shape or form.

RC Enthusiast
    So I giess this is all false advertising from Traxxas.
    I think I will call them

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slsail
    So I giess this is all false advertising from Traxxas.
    I think I will call them
    Show me where and ill prove its not false advertising, i bet it was an asterik
    What am I supposed to write in 50 characters?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    2IS you are somewhat incorrect. the truck did not fly you are correct. but the huge body affected the truck while airborne. the front end came up too much and then the body caused the truck to go tumbling. i have driven my slash hard and i know from some comparions that the body on the slash is bigger than you think.
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

I guess, since we are on the body subject, how come when I land on my lid/roof the front of the body hangs over the bumper? Have you had this problem?

RC Qualifier
    "Last edited by cooleocool : 12-23-2008 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Airing their dirty laundry." ......................Huh? My underwear are clean baby.
    That was the point 69. Most vehicles would have soaked that up and landed easily. The giant body on the Slash caught wind, lifted the front end and sent it tumbling. Try taking a Slash above 50 with that body. It will prepare for take-off.
    Warn: (52%)

RC Racer
    i would say mine is closed to 60mph (geared for top end) with vxl and 3s lipo also im running talons and proline chevy pickup body. hopefully make radar run soon.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    In a box on Hwy 64.2 - Bashin' With Mike, Pat & Brad. hey i didnt start this.
    That was the point 69. Most vehicles would have soaked that up and landed easily. The giant body on the Slash caught wind, lifted the front end and sent it tumbling. Try taking a Slash above 50 with that body. It will prepare for take-off.
    exactly what i am saying. i was directing the post to 2IS
    ADDICTED TO THE TWILIGHT SAGA

RC Champion
    ..maybe the Backslash with its much smaller body would be able to do 65....less air resistance...

...so is anybody going to pony up and show a video of a Slash doing 65?...
    Been there, done that.

RC Qualifier
    I don't understand why there are so many trying to get speed runs from the slash. This truck is for jumping and sliding in the dirt. Speed runs are for the Nitro 4-Tec's etc, etc,

But I guess everyone has there idea's on what there RC cars are supposed to do. I make a claim that my Slash prolly never gets above 25 mph. LOL Spends too much time in the air.

But it is intresting reading up on these posts. And I say go for it. I would love to see a 80MPH slash. That would be awesome.
    Warning Points 88%

RC Qualifier
    I dont know how fast My Wife's slash is now, But she just instlalled a mamba maxx esc and 7700 motor, darn thing is screaming now...fun as heck in the dirt and tears up my lawn..hahaha

Well xlt69er, how fast does it go when it is falling back down? lol!

RC Qualifier
    Omg it flies..... J/K All I can say is that it is a great truck.....
    Warning Points 88%

One of the BEST!!!!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    http://www.traxxas.com/products/elec...ccessories.htm

VELINEON BRUSHLESS POWER SYSTEM: Power Up! The Velineon system is the perfect match for Traxxas’ ground-breaking Slash Short Course truck. Extreme Brushless Horsepower is here, and it’s Ready-To-Race®! Wicked fast and easy to use, the Traxxas Velineon Brushless Power System installs in minutes for a huge boost in speed, power and efficiency. Just plug it in and it works. Endless power slides, dirt-spraying roosts and searing acceleration are all on tap, with speed potential that reaches beyond 70mph. Velineon is the new face of brushless performance—nothing else even comes close!

Part #3350 Velineon Brushless Power System for 1/10 scale (VXL-3s ESC and Velineon 3500 motor)
    Suggested retail price $300.00

Listed under traxxas accessories.

Just asking what do you need to do it.
    Body issues aside

Get full details on the product page >>

What do you mean " what you need to do it"?

RC Enthusiast
    http://www.traxxas.com/products/elec...ccessories.htm

VELINEON BRUSHLESS POWER SYSTEM: Power Up! The Velineon system is the perfect match for Traxxas’ ground-breaking Slash Short Course truck. Extreme Brushless Horsepower is here, and it’s Ready-To-Race®! Wicked fast and easy to use, the Traxxas Velineon Brushless Power System installs in minutes for a huge boost in speed, power and efficiency. Just plug it in and it works. Endless power slides, dirt-spraying roosts and searing acceleration are all on tap, with speed potential that reaches beyond 70mph. Velineon is the new face of brushless performance—nothing else even comes close!

Part #3350 Velineon Brushless Power System for 1/10 scale (VXL-3s ESC and Velineon 3500 motor)
    Suggested retail price $300.00

Listed under traxxas accessories.

Just asking what do you need to do it.
    Body issues aside

Get full details on the product page >>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast