yet Another Weird place in this world

This is another strange location. it's located in the Sultinate of Oman, just southern Saudi
    Arabia, on the edge of the Arabian Sea.
    the car will drive along this off road track against the gravity law !
    if it's shifted into neutral without brakes it'll go along till the end without stopping !

those video's shows my brother with his friend driving a Toyota's land cruiser 4x4 at that place
    with video from their digital camera's shooting at the same time.

i was there in 2005 & my brother went to discover that place again.
    it's really full of mystery. each year this location and the surrounded area
    of Salala City plunge into deep fug for nearly 4 months then goes back into desert climate
    for the rest of the year. It turns from no man's land into gardens & lakes that disappeared later
    because of the Indian ocean monsoon.

the area full of caves that add mystic fealing over it.
    the most weird still that anti gravity road.

the Sea is around 200 meters a way on the back side of this photo.

anybody git the chance to go their, don't miss that place,
    you'll feel of something strange & fear at the same time.

RC Qualifier
    Wow.. that is amazing. I wonder how that is possible. Does it go up hill too?
    Nitro Sport Pro. 15
    VXL BlackSlash w/ DX2.0

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Looks cool and mysterious. How populated is it?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Wow thats really cool!
    ⓘ ⓐⓝⓣ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓚ ⓞⓕ ⓐⓝⓨ ⓣⓗⓘⓝⓖ ⓖⓞⓞⓓ ⓣⓞ ⓦⓡⓘⓖⓗⓣ ⓗⓔⓡⓔ

Quote Originally Posted by TraxxArmy
    Wow.. that is amazing. I wonder how that is possible. Does it go up hill too?
    it goes till the point showed on the video just after the black lexus by around
    60 meters. if you look at that photo you'll notice a track, that's exactly the far it can reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbonrevo33
    Looks cool and mysterious. How populated is it?
    i don't really know, but it's according to some not less than 200,000 people there.

RC Qualifier
    Hes not wearing his seatbelt!!
    Emaxx 3905 FS in the market place.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    this is absolutely crzy...
    If you don't like Nitro, you don't like anything!

RC Champion
    That is cool.

So this place grows green for 4 months then goes back to desert for 8 months, every year? That would be neat to see.
    I'm Baaaaaaack!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyMaxx
    That is cool.

So this place grows green for 4 months then goes back to desert for 8 months, every year? That would be neat to see.
    That would be cool to set up a video camera and let it record for a year, then watch it using time lapse....

RC Champion
    It reminds me of something we have here in Oregon called the Oregon Vortex. Stuff actually rolls uphill, and other weird pheonomina (SP?). Check it out:
    http://www.oregonvortex.com/
    Eat my road grit, liver lips! -Clark W. Griswold

RC Champion
    I went to the Oregon Vortex years ago when I was a kid. It was the weirdest thing ever.
    I never forgot the place, but couldn't remember it's name. I'm glad you referenced it so I can look it up.

I take that back. It must have been Cosmos in Rapid City, South Dakota. It had to have been the same vacation when we went to the Badlands, Devil's Tower, and the location of "Custar's Last Stand" at Little Big Horn.
    It was all really neat, even as a kid. Devil's Tower is breath taking.
    Last edited by Slasher; 04-04-2009 at 05:05 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I have been their. you roll up hill instead downward. i was a little kid when i was there.

RC Champion
    wow that awsome. i want to go there. it looks like fun.
    i bet my Quad could out RIP your Quad!!

RC Racer
    i dont get it... is the wind pushing the car or something somebody please elaborate
    what smells like supdawg???

RC Champion
    I'm in Oregon. Sound interesting!
    Parts Broken: 13
    Grape POP 'n' staples

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Xtreme: It has something to do with warped gravity or something, its crazy.
    An injured friend is the bitterest of foes

Has anyone gone to this place in Oregon when they weren't a kid and would be able to understand whats going on? It just seems like it's a place that's full of illusions, everyone knows it is impossible for something to ACTUALLY roll up a hill, it may seem uphill from the reference of where you are standing but compared to "level" ground its still downhill. Physics doesn't lie. So it's either a "magic show" you can walk through or its just an illusionist thing.
    Some like R/C's that are fast, others like nitro

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by streetdemon
    Has anyone gone to this place in Oregon when they weren't a kid and would be able to understand whats going on? It just seems like it's a place that's full of illusions, everyone knows it is impossible for something to ACTUALLY roll up a hill, it may seem uphill from the reference of where you are standing but compared to "level" ground its still downhill. Physics doesn't lie. So it's either a "magic show" you can walk through or its just an illusionist thing.
    No actually it's not.

he Oregon Vortex is a spherical field of force, half above the ground and half below the ground. The word "vortex" simply means a whirpool of force, like a whirling mass of water, especially one in which a force of suction operates, such as a whirlpool or a whirling mass of air, especially one in the form of a visible column or spiral, such as a tornado.

A vortex, essentially a whirlpool of force, is the basic form of our universe. From our galaxy, whose vortex form we see as the countless suns of the Milky Way, throughout the gravitational vortex of our solar system, down to the vortex of an atom, the vortex form recurs throughout our world structure. The Phenomena that gives The Oregon Vortex its name are evident throughout the entire area. Nowhere in the circle do you normally stand erect. Inevitably the visitor assumes a posture that inclines toward magnetic north. The corona of The Vortex, as well as the minor vortices, discovered during the continuous study of The Vortex, are among the unique phenomena to be observed here.

As another person, on a level platform, recedes from you towards magnetic south, they appear taller. When they approach you, coming towards magnetic north, they become shorter. This is contrary to the laws of perspective, as we know it, and must be seen to be believed (see Photographs).

The scientific analysis of the disturbance constitutes an education in subjects of interest to all. The accumulated Notes and Data, written by John Litster, contains 35 pictures, diagrams, and illustrations along with other information specifically on The Oregon Vortex is available to all visitors.
    Parts Broken: 13
    Grape POP 'n' staples

And where did you get that quote from? The website promoting it trying to get people to go there. When you take some physics courses let me know, gravity is the only force that acts on things on earth unless it is either a force applied by another object, or some sort of friction such as wind resistance. Things cannot truly roll up a hill. And if you actually take the time to read and understand what you quoted, all it says is that the universe contains this same "vortex". The vortex they talk about is gravitational pull, which is why the earth stays the same distance from the sun, the gravitational pull of the sun is in perfect equilibrium with the speed and mass of the earth.

http://www.science-frontiers.com/sf099/sf099g11.htm

There was a place (I dont recall where) in New Hampshire (usa) that also has a hill like this. I have seen it done with placing a bottle on a table that appears to be slanted towards you (from back to front), and the bottle appears to roll from the low spot , to the higher end. Its a trick of course, and the cars appearing to roll uphill is the same trick, just on a much larger and natural scale.

Quote Originally Posted by icepick832
    http://www.science-frontiers.com/sf099/sf099g11.htm

There was a place (I dont recall where) in New Hampshire (usa) that also has a hill like this. I have seen it done with placing a bottle on a table that appears to be slanted towards you (from back to front), and the bottle appears to roll from the low spot , to the higher end. Its a trick of course, and the cars appearing to roll uphill is the same trick, just on a much larger and natural scale.
    Thank you for posting this. Kids may believe that it's a real thing, when in reality it's not. All the stuff on the website about the "vortex" is just there to confuse people, and make them think that because they used a bunch of big words that it's "scientific". As far as the guy writing the book, anyone can do a "study" and write a book about it, it's all a gimmick. The laws of Physics are just that, LAWS, they cannot be denied. And the only forces on Earth that's above ground, are the force of gravity from the sun and moon. For something to roll "up" a hill, there would have to be a force that was pulling it into the hill in which it rolls up, if the force was pulling directly upwards, it would either do nothing to the bottle, or cause it to lift off the face of the earth.

RC Qualifier
    wow im so glad you clear that up for me. but i didnt go to those places . i was out in the mountains out west. around Utah. i know what i saw ans seen. we was very high up. but everybody has there own opinion.guess you said yours...

A google search will bring up alot of info on this. Here is another link, and it even has a list of places to go to, to see this, and a way to check it for validity.
    http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physic...ll-uphill.html
    If it is a magnetic anomaly (which has never been proven), with the ability to pull a car, then it would absolutely work with the plum bomb method. There are also youtube vids showing this, with bottles(plastic) of water. A magnetic anomaly wouldnt affect water. Call it opinions or what have you, but the laws of gravity and physics are not opinions, they are known facts. The mind is a very powerful thing, and when you trick it, it is easy to believe a trick, to be fact.
    And yet another link, from Maryland, with an actual news clip, with a good explanation
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/videos/2...avity_hill.htm

Never the less, its still a great thing to check out if you are in an area that has one. After all, who doesnt like to see an illusion once in a while, especially when your part of it.
    Last edited by icepick832; 04-06-2009 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyd95
    wow im so glad you clear that up for me. but i didnt go to those places . i was out in the mountains out west. around Utah. i know what i saw ans seen. we was very high up. but everybody has there own opinion.guess you said yours...
    I was just explaining the truth about these places. It's not my opinion, it's a scientific fact. As stated, why would a glass bottle be affected by magnetism and then roll up a hill? And you should take the plum bob next time you go and just let it hang there and you'll see that you aren't standing on flat ground, then again they'd probably kick you out for ruining the illusion.

RC Champion
    That' looks like a very cool place to hike and explore, Desert JATO
    The road goes on forever and the party never ends!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher
    I went to the Oregon Vortex years ago when I was a kid. It was the weirdest thing ever.
    I never forgot the place, but couldn't remember it's name. I'm glad you referenced it so I can look it up.

I take that back. It must have been Cosmos in Rapid City, South Dakota. It had to have been the same vacation when we went to the Badlands, Devil's Tower, and the location of "Custar's Last Stand" at Little Big Horn.
    It was all really neat, even as a kid. Devil's Tower is breath taking.
    My sister went to cosmos last summer and said it was weird. I may have to check it out next time we are in rapid. Devils tower is cool the first time ya see it and after that it gets pretty boring . I live 30miles from devils tower.
    What shall I put here?