RC Champion

Does this happen often? Pic

I was driving my Slash yesterday and suddenly it became slow and required a lot of juice from the battery. The motor started to become hot so I turned it off thinking it was full of dirt. Well after I clean the motor out it was still the same, then I caught this. The shaft was loose to wiggle up and down and front bearing had a bigger hole now. The bigger hole allowed the center insides of the motor inside to rub against the magnets causing too much friction. Has happened to anyone else before? Could this just mean that my motor has too many miles on it?

The bushing is just worn out. That motor must of had a long life.
    Stampede VXL Mini-T Nitro Stampede RC10T RC10B4 FT

RC Champion
    My old titan became slow and sucked alot of juice to, but i already had a sv2 pro bb and that fixed the problem.
    I have monkeys dancing in my pants!!!

RC Champion
    How come these motors don't have ball bearings? If the bushing could be replaced or if this motor had ball bearings it would last till the brushes wore out. The brushes still look like they did when they were new.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Super RC Driver
    How come these motors don't have ball bearings? If the bushing could be replaced or if this motor had ball bearings it would last till the brushes wore out. The brushes still look like they did when they were new.
    lol my brushes wear wayy before the bushings go,then again i take the drive it like you stole it to a whole new meaning sometimes (not really but you get it)
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Qualifier
    Aot of things could cause that problem in the pictures.

1. Gear mess wayyyyyy toooo tight. putting un needed stress on the motor bushings. I bet the bearings behind the slipper are about worn out as well.

2. Bent rotor shaft.

3. The bushings are not in line with each other. Did you take a bad crach to the rear when you first strted using this motor. Maybe the motor can is tweeked.

4. NO LUBE......

My guess is a combination of 1 and 4.
    Warning Points 88%

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Question about the titan: After you get it wet, does your motor make a very deep pitched squeaking noise?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by xlt69er
    Aot of things could cause that problem in the pictures.

1. Gear mess wayyyyyy toooo tight. putting un needed stress on the motor bushings. I bet the bearings behind the slipper are about worn out as well.

2. Bent rotor shaft.

3. The bushings are not in line with each other. Did you take a bad crach to the rear when you first strted using this motor. Maybe the motor can is tweeked.

4. NO LUBE......

My guess is a combination of 1 and 4.
    I always did set the gear mesh perfect where I can barely wiggle the spur gear with the pinion gear locked. I just looked at the brushes and they're almost done. This motor's got a lot of miles on it and has been through mud, dirt and snow. I've always clean the motor out after each run. I say it's had about 40+ battery charges. I guess it lasted longer than it should have. Oh well Hobbytown is expecting more 12 Turn motors to come in tomorrow and I'll pick up one.
    Last edited by Super RC Driver; 01-12-2009 at 09:37 PM.