(2)5250mah 3s or (2)8000mah 2s maxamps

I'm wondering what I sould run this year racing/bashing on my twin vxl brushless setup. I've run a (2)2200mah 25c 3s and its sick but I don't get alot of run time. I've also tried (2) 4000mah hv 2s maxamps and I wasn't as fast, but fun and it did last twice as long. Will the 8000mah 2s give me alittle more power then the 4000mah, or should I go with the 3s 5250's?
    Last edited by brad65ford; 01-15-2009 at 11:00 AM.

I would go with the 3s 5350 if you did not like the performance of the 2s batteries. Mah gains wont really make it more powerful, just last longer per charge.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

Thats what I'm tring to find out if the 2s's with be enough power to have fun and race some 1/8 scale truggy we race at our local track.

You could split the difference and go with two 5s packs, run in parallel. That would give you more voltage than the two 2s packs in series for 4s, and it would let you run larger cells (overall) for more capacity than the two 3s packs in series for 6s. That's what I am looking at for my next project. Check out ***** battery packs. I haven't heard a bad word about them, they are priced much less than the Maxamps packs, and they are available in all sorts of voltages and sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cainam
    You could split the difference and go with two 5s packs, run in parallel. That would give you more voltage than the two 2s packs in series for 4s, and it would let you run larger cells (overall) for more capacity than the two 3s packs in series for 6s. That's what I am looking at for my next project. Check out ***** battery packs. I haven't heard a bad word about them, they are priced much less than the Maxamps packs, and they are available in all sorts of voltages and sizes.
    Nice idea, but he cannot do that with the dual VXL setup. They can only handle 3s max.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3

RC Champion
    id say got with the 2 3s packs... that baby will screeeeeeem

watch your temps though
    Giving the E-Revo long overdue love and affection

Quote Originally Posted by BashHappy
    id say got with the 2 3s packs... that baby will screeeeeeem

watch your temps though
    I hate to admit this but the (2) 3s is just to **** fast, **** I must be getting old to admit that LOL. But I just want to be able to go fast around a track, be light weight and last along time. Hummm. maybe the 8000mah or smaller mah 2s is the right thing for me.

Then go for some good 2s packs then. I do not blame you, there is certainly such a thing as too fast for normal running!

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3

RC Champion
    wen i am too fast... over juiced.... like 5s on 4800kV... to tone the throttle down with my DX3R
    Giving the E-Revo long overdue love and affection

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by brad65ford
    I hate to admit this but the (2) 3s is just to **** fast, **** I must be getting old to admit that LOL. But I just want to be able to go fast around a track, be light weight and last along time. Hummm. maybe the 8000mah or smaller mah 2s is the right thing for me.
    Man, I run 2s 8000's (True RC and MA) at our local track all last summer. Never had a problem with the truggies or with power (and it's a big MX track).
    The run-times were amazing and it is a light set-up.

Big difference between racing competitively and doing speed runs. Stick with 8000's for racing....
    MBX6T TEKIN RX8 2000 4s
    Gmade R1 3s
    4x4 Pede

RC Racer
    well if you really want beat that trugy go for the big brushless . at least a mmm i got a neu 1515 1y with a mmm esc on 6s the thing is insane and will blow any nitro away in a second.
    lifes tough, get a helmet

RC Racer
    but for runtimes go with the 8000 but not the maxamps they stink go with the new smc 8600 2s 25c coming out in febuary

RC Champion
    4s is a great voltage for racing, you just don't need more... at 14.8v any decent system stays cool enough. The only reason to go to 6s is for the slight reduction in temps so long as you gear down to 40mph range. On a race track anything over 45mph is going to cause you more bad than good, it is a lot more difficult to handle even for a good driver.

As far as how long packs last in terms of run time..
    14.8v*8000mAH=118400
    22.2v*5250mAH=116550

You really won't see much difference between those two setups geared for the same mph.

Now for the funny part most don't consider, a 4s (14.8v) 35c 5000mAH lipo will hold voltage under load as long if not longer than a 15c 8000mAH lipo if you are pushing your system hard at all, now it maybe another story if your just driving around like a grandma, but out on the race track you will find that to be the case.

Thanks guys, I think I'm looking for the 2s, just don't want to pay the maxamp price, $360 to two battery wow!!!

RC Racer
    dont go for the maxamps go for the smc 8600 25c 2s lipo coming out in january they will be 250$ and awsome

RC Qualifier
    http://www.hobby-lobby.com/polyquest.htm

I've got 3 sets of the 2S 6000's 25C, 1 set of the 2S 4500 30C...if you call and speak with someone there, a sales person or POS desk, you can probably get these (2S 6000's) for $85. If you buy like 4 or 6 at a time, they would probably apply a heavy discount again on top of those prices.

They have become my battery supplier except for the Zhino's from *********. Those are great too, 3S 4900's 20C Zhino (***** brand)..http://www.*********.com/*********/s...0C_Lipoly_Pack
    " SENSELESS " - The adjective that says it all....