Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: losi xcelorin

That's not a very good combination of batteries for this, the esc is limited to 5s so you can't wire them in series and it will be pretty slow wired in parallel at 11.1 volts. You need another 2s just like your 3s then you could hook them in series and have the power and speed this combo is capable of....

RC Champion
    I was just searching old lipo forums about combining batteries, is using the same brand a must or can i match numbers and run different brands (although 4350mah might be hard to match, if that is an issue)

in the mean time i'll keep searching the rusty threads.....

You should try to match brands, capacity and cycle life if possible....

RC Champion
    So it works! I'm surprised, going from a first time electric owner 3 weeks ago to making it work! So far I've only test ran it a couple of time in my basement, and man does it scream! The only thing thats a bit off is the fan has not ran, the dink at the LHS told me it was on all the time, but he also told me it was a 2200kv and came with a pinion.

RC Qualifier
    losi has an updated firmware for the esc and setup program that came out mid december, it really helps on the brakes. I ran the losi system on my revo and had no problems. Some of the original batches of the motors had kevlar wrap and now they are updated with carbon fiber wraped rotors. If you do happen to have a problem with the motor you can send it in and they will send you a brand new one...turn around time is about a week. Due to the lack of gear reduction tranny on a 1/8 buggy, I've found that my e-revo is alot easier on motors so far, so you should be all good.

http://www.losi.com/Support/XcelorinDownloads.aspx

RC Champion
    Yeah the brakes are amazing compaired to stock. Can't wait for it to warm up so I can see what she's got

RC Champion
    let us know what you think. It should run really smooth.
    HB Ve8 w/ tekin (AWESOME)
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Champion
    So I havent taken it outside yet, planning on it tomorrow, but I'm kinda worried, my throttle response is acting funny, sometimes I pull the trigger and nothing happens, in forward and reverse, but when it does work, it's fine, and my steering is always good. I have a stock radio system that worked fine with my titans. Any ideas?????

Check the lvc setting...

RC Champion
    So should I lower the lvc setting? I have a 3s 4350mAh 11.1v, and i think its set at 9v, any suggestions for voltage setting?

No don't go lower than 3v per cell on the lvc, make sure of where it's set at. Too high will get you no go....

RC Champion
    So the previous settings are right, with the BEC at 5.2v, all recommended settings for 3s. The ESC can be programmed with low-med-high acceleration, I'll try that

RC Champion
    And it helps checking to see if one of my boys screwed with my controller, seeing as the trim was way out when I did my setup...if you don't screw up you ain't doing anything!!!!!

RC Champion
    SO......the basement trials are done, truck is tuned and just screams, should be above zero tomorrow (celcius) Other than the fan that came on the ESC not working, and beginners mistakes, I think this system will be alright!! More to come.....

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUN

RC Champion
    Damb! Radio glitches sometime, and burried in the manual in some obscure place there is a little note saying it may have interference with am/fm radios, set up for the 2.4ghz. Yay! Now I get to justify a new Spectrum to my old lady!!!! But when my revo goes, it goes fast. Need someone from Edmonton with a MMM combo to compair.....

RC Champion

Losi Excelorin 1700kv/Flightpower 3s 4350mAh 11.1v/ Rpm arms & true track/Integy bumpers
    Last edited by UberBricky42; 01-30-2009 at 02:11 PM.

RC Champion
    cool, but I would run at least 4s with a 1700kv motor.
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Champion
    Yeah thats my next step, soldering up the harness for 2 2s lipos, the 3s was traded for my old 5000mah venoms, so I cant complain!

RC Qualifier
    under the software set up there is a place where you select what type of radio you are using, If you are running a 2.4 radio it improves efficiency some how, so make sure you don't have that selected as that could be some of your radio interf.

RC Champion
    It is selected on Legacy, or 27mhz radio. Don't take away my excuse to upgrade!!!! It does work, just the odd scary throttle glitch, just for half a second

RC Champion
    ha! legacy, love it! that's losi there. They have 2.4 on even their minis!
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by UberBricky42

Losi Excelorin 1700kv/Flightpower 3s 4350mAh 11.1v/ Rpm arms & true track/Integy bumpers
    just an interesting curiousity... what do you have the turnbuckles mounted up for bracing for? what are they bracing? and why the heck would you need such extreme bracing? LOL
    onroad erevo // clodbuster towtruck

RC Champion
    I saw someone else bracing his body mounting posts, and he said he hadn't broken one since the bracing, and the first thing that broke on my Revo was the rear body posts. What wrong with bracing?

thats not needed the post cost less than the bracing. 3 or 4 times lol!

RC Champion
    It wasnt just the posts, sorry it was the whole bracket that the wing attaches to, dont know the proper name but the bracing was just sitting in the bottom of my tool box, not being used and not worth while to try to sell. I am worried about blowing out my battery vents, but so far I've rolled it a few times, jumped it and no problems. I just can't see how a few ounces of extra weight and added strength are a bad thing, but that is my construction mentality!

yeah . you would have to land pretty hard to break them now.

RC Champion
    when are you going to be running 4s? That is what I wanna know. That should better test the system
    15" WB HCR Mutant-Maxx Castle UE FLM 3906

RC Champion
    Next weekend I'll be getting my new Lipos, just have to decide what to get. TrakPowers are readily available here, so probably be those.

RC Champion
    trakpowers may seem expensive, but they are awesome packs. I run the 49002s in my slash.
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Champion
    Do they come with balancing leads? I'm grabbing the 2 & 3S 5400mAh, I hope these are the last lipos I buy. I was looking for the 8000mAh SPCs, but could only find the 12C ones, is that as high as the C goes with that mAh?

RC Champion
    the 12c SPC lipos should be more like 16c. Also, because of the high mah rating, 12c is still giving over 100ams of power. plenty.
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Champion
    Yeah thats what I figured, just thought that I was looking in the wrong place. The Trak Powers are hear now, so thats what I'm going for (no patience!!) I'll try to have a video up this weekend if the weather stays nice, snow and ice don't do justice to the power!!

RC Champion
    [QUOTE=UberBricky42]

See the two capacitors? I jumped a snowbank, she rolled and landed on the top, hit hard and broke the fan and one of the caps off. Poor design. time for the MMM

yes its time.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    wow. If I pulled a stunt like that my GF would just KNOW I was looking for an excuse to buy a new toy. LOL

I can hear her now "you broke that on purpose because you want that monster thing!"

jk
    be nice.

RC Qualifier
    why not just call horizon and get them to send you a new one? seems like a waste not to get them to replace it. if you don't feel like sending it back send it my way and i'll take care of it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12