RC Qualifier

Conversion gearing?

I'm getting close to being done with my conversion. But I had a question for the pros, I will be running the MMM with the stock tranny locked in second with the tekno conversion kit. My question is what pinion/spur combo should I run. I have been looking at the long shank pinions from tekno and they only go to 17t. Thanks.

RC Qualifier
    Gearing is going to depend on your battery voltage 4/5/6s, tire size, and how fast you want to go. As a reference I tend to run 16/36 on 5s with std 2nd gear ratio and 5.8" tires which gets me around 45mph.

Hope that helps some.
    [QUOTE=Billstmaxx]if the water can't get out how does it get in??[/QUOTE]

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Just go Play
    Gearing is going to depend on your battery voltage 4/5/6s, tire size, and how fast you want to go. As a reference I tend to run 16/36 on 5s with std 2nd gear ratio and 5.8" tires which gets me around 45mph.

Hope that helps some.
    Yes that helps a lot.

I will be running 6s 5000mah I have a set of talons, badlands on maxamizers, and a set of 40 series road rage. I'm hoping that the tire size won't make that much of a difference, I'll probably mostly run the talons and badlands until they go bad.
    I also ordered a set of 5s off ebay to run in parallel for 8000mah so I might just go with the gearing you suggested. I'm not too overwhelmingly worried about top speeds, just want it to get decent speed and good run times.

RC Qualifier
    I included tires because some combinations can be tall/short/heavy enough that they make a noticeable difference when choosing gearing. Axial 40 series beadlock wheels with a large tire like say masher 2k's add lots of rotating mass and are tall enough that lower gearing may be needed then stock.

On 6s using the same gearing I do should give you 50+ mph speeds which may be faster then you will need or use depending on where you run your revo. A 14t pinion would give better run times and still be good for around 40mph.
    [QUOTE=Billstmaxx]if the water can't get out how does it get in??[/QUOTE]