Thread: Slash tires

RC Enthusiast

Slash tires

Im looking for a tire combo to put on my slash that is going to give more traction with my brushless setup. im looking for a tire with the "Knobby tread" like proline bow ties for example. is anyone running something like this and what would i have to get to make it work. What hex's? Rims? Size tires? etc. I want to tires to fit in body with no to very minimal trimming. Pictures would be very helpful. thank you ahead of time!!!

RC Enthusiast
    I have traxxas truck dish wheels and bowties but the rub on the body. Well would if I had one. I think they are the same hexes as the stock slash wheels

Gladiators and Dirtworks on old style Rustler rims, fit under the body with no trimming...

RC Racer
    Alias 2.8 on AllStar chrome wheels

Splash Slash

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jcospino
    Those look pretty cool!
    Slash w/MM 5700 & MBZ Customs Painted Shell

RC Competitor
    i was thinking badland on epics but appearantly hammers on revolvers are the way to go
    ready to lose? because i drive a slash...

RC Qualifier
    i use the proline strp pins and there tremendous on the dirt. (not pavement tho they burn off way to fast)

i get 10 races easily out of them and there still good....

with the stock tires in the corner the truck would spin out easily

but with the step pins it holds great and i can power into and out of the corners. that's a big advantage
    E-REVO brushless ROCKS!!

RC Racer
    powerslider, I love your wheel and tire choice, looks really great!
    Did you use 4 fronts or 4 rear rims from the Rustler and are those the Pro-Line Dirt Works tires?

RC Racer
    here is 4 rustler rears with hpi geo's

Last edited by Slash n Bash; 02-08-2009 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smrdmr
    powerslider, I love your wheel and tire choice, looks really great!
    Did you use 4 fronts or 4 rear rims from the Rustler and are those the Pro-Line Dirt Works tires?
    Thanks! all rear rims and yes Proline tires, I run mostly in short grass and these hook up great....

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash n Bash
    here is 4 rustler rears with hpi geo's

How do you like the Geo's on the Slash? Any excessive rubbing on the fenders? I have them on my e-jato and love them.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by powerslider

Gladiators and Dirtworks on old style Rustler rims, fit under the body with no trimming...
    very nice combo!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jcospino

Why is it every time i see this truck its clean! lol.. nice truck tho.

I personally run the epic and switchs that came premounted and they dont come off the rim with a 3s and vxl. Just gota make sure there tight when you get them.

You could always go with some 1/8 stuff?
    Lead, follow, or get out of my way!

RC Qualifier
    i love my Geo's! real minimal cutting on fenders! great bashing tire, hook up great. not the best on high power stearing. my favorite set up is the proline edges up front with the proline step pins in the rear. those step pins do wear fast on asphalt though. they don't need much as trimming goes though.

\BACKSLASH
    \BACKBAJR
    2WD Slash

RC Qualifier
    here is a little side by side comparison from left to right
    proline step pins on stampede wheels
    stock on stock
    proline dirt hawg's (do not like them) on stampede wheels
    geolanders on hpi scortch's
    ..then it just gets crazy

\BACKSLASH
    \BACKBAJR
    2WD Slash

RC Champion
    i like my hpi yokohoma geolanders
    much betetr than switches.
    rtr slash 4x4
    2s lipo
    some other rc stuff

RC Champion
    I run Pro-Line Bowties on the rear and Blades on the front. Clearly the best for our track so far. The SC tires have not done so well. I tried Gladiators and they were terrible. So were Geolanders. That said, our rules say that with the SC trucks, we have to run an SC tire. Narrow like stock to fit under the body. I think the best so far has been the Pro-Line Bowtie SC although not steller... I run the original Bowties with my Baja body. Our rules say that any tire goes for the Baja class. I guess it all depends on the conditions you run in. On our track, small pins work the best.

TR17
    To err is human, to arr is pirate!

RC Racer
    I have had the best luck and handling (with stock chassis) using proline ribs and goosebumps on the rear but you have to run in the mod class.. The proline pins go away fast at my track so I gave up on them.

RC Champion
    One of our racers had SC Goosebumps all around and did not like them at all. Not so good on dry surface. My Bowties were much better. The Goosebumps may be better on a damp surface. The difference in width is almost certainly a factor. I am on the search for the best sc (narrow) tire that works best on a dry, hard packed track. Nothing we have tried has been great so far.

TR17

Quote Originally Posted by Team Riptide 17
    One of our racers had SC Goosebumps all around and did not like them at all. Not so good on dry surface. My Bowties were much better. The Goosebumps may be better on a damp surface. The difference in width is almost certainly a factor. I am on the search for the best sc (narrow) tire that works best on a dry, hard packed track. Nothing we have tried has been great so far.

TR17
    Have you run the Caliber M3 sc tires yet?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiojh
    here is a little side by side comparison from left to right
    proline step pins on stampede wheels
    stock on stock
    proline dirt hawg's (do not like them) on stampede wheels
    geolanders on hpi scortch's
    ..then it just gets crazy

i like the "then it just gets crazy" you could do some awesome burnouts
    Use your Keyboard, OMG sounds Girly

RC Champion
    if you are not gonna run on pavement, go with a Jconcepts SC goosebumbs, or the proline SC calibers. These trucs use SC rims and tires for a reason. I hate it when people stick 2.2 or 2.8 truck wheels on these.
    HB Ve8 w/ tekin (AWESOME)
    E-Slayer w/MMM
    SC10

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Brushless Moose
    I hate it when people stick 2.2 or 2.8 truck wheels on these.
    Wow, tell us how you really feel!

Truth is, like I have said before, with the SC truck bodies, we have to use the SC tires and wheels. I like the idea of a scale appearing truck. That said, on our track when it is dry, none of the SC tires are all that great. We won't even talk about the stockers.... I have not tried the new Pro-Line tire but I will. I have a set of Epics I can bolt them on.
    With our Baja class, the tires choices are open. The wider tires look fantastic on them, they simply hook up better, and with a Baja lid, it is hardly a SC truck anymore...

You may not like it, but the fact is people are gonna look for traction at all cost if not regulated by race class rules. Most times, like the old Pontiac commercial said, wider is better....

TR17

Quote Originally Posted by Team Riptide 17
    Wow, tell us how you really feel!

Truth is, like I have said before, with the SC truck bodies, we have to use the SC tires and wheels. I like the idea of a scale appearing truck. That said, on our track when it is dry, none of the SC tires are all that great. We won't even talk about the stockers.... I have not tried the new Pro-Line tire but I will. I have a set of Epics I can bolt them on.
    With our Baja class, the tires choices are open. The wider tires look fantastic on them, they simply hook up better, and with a Baja lid, it is hardly a SC truck anymore...

You may not like it, but the fact is people are gonna look for traction at all cost if not regulated by race class rules. Most times, like the old Pontiac commercial said, wider is better....

TR17
    Well said, I don't hate anyone's setup or what they choose to run. Different strokes for different folks, run what works for you and what you like regardless of what others may think. Early on there were'nt many choices so you had to run 2.2 to get any improvement and now that more choices are becoming available we can switch to them if they work out. I have a set of Calibers to glue up for the 4x4 Slash when that gets out so we'll see how they hook with the power I run but I like the wider rear tires regardless...
    Last edited by powerslider; 11-07-2009 at 09:31 AM.